You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

5 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Don’t know if the reply has been posted before, but if it has it’s worth posting again anyway.

His book has gone down a storm in the US.  Amazon numero uno for quite some time.  Overseen by the irrepressible Robert Malone. Half a million copies sold. 

It helps that, broadly speaking, Americans have a more open minded and receptive attitude to these matters, and of course the Kennedy name gets the juices flowing. 

10 minutes ago, TK-421 said:

His book has gone down a storm in the US.  Amazon numero uno for quite some time.  Overseen by the irrepressible Robert Malone. Half a million copies sold. 

It helps that, broadly speaking, Americans have a more open minded and receptive attitude to these matters, and of course the Kennedy name gets the juices flowing. 

Bullshit sells. 

Having an "open minded and receptive attitude" to stuff that has been comprehensively proven to be false is not a good thing. (See also, people whose minds are open to Flat Earthism, fundamentalist religion, chemtrails, etc.)

Just now, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Bullshit sells. 

Having an "open minded and receptive attitude" to stuff that has been comprehensively proven to be false is not a good thing. (See also, people whose minds are open to Flat Earthism, fundamentalist religion, chemtrails, etc.)

You've read it, have you?  

3 minutes ago, TK-421 said:

Not really. It's a twitter account Vs 500,000 books sold and the Kennedy name. 

It’s a particularly important Twitter account bs 500,000 fucking muppets. 

Only a cunt would use any comparison between vaccines/masks to the Holocaust. 

2 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

It’s a particularly important Twitter account bs 500,000 fucking muppets. 

Only a cunt would use any comparison between vaccines/masks to the Holocaust. 

There's no such thing as bad publicity, as they say.

If anything, a tweet like that is more likely to bring the book to the attention, and rouse curiosity, of those who want to dig deeper.  

10 minutes ago, TK-421 said:

There's no such thing as bad publicity, as they say.

If anything, a tweet like that is more likely to bring the book to the attention, and rouse curiosity, of those who want to dig deeper.  

Some things really shouldn't be controversial.

1. throwing Holocaust comparisons around cheaply, thoughtlessly and casually is a cunt's trick 

2. when the Auschwitz museum tell you that you've overstepped the mark, you've overstepped the mark.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I also waste very little time (and no money) on Flat Earth books. I prefer science to lies and bullshit.  And, yes, I am happier as a result.

You're not in a position to call it bullshit if you can't appraise yourself of the content.  Ostrich behaviour. 

• Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Some things really shouldn't be controversial.

1. throwing Holocaust comparisons around cheaply, thoughtlessly and casually is a cunt's trick 

2. when the Auschwitz museum tell you that you've overstepped the mark, you've overstepped the mark.

You haven't read it, though.  You're relying on a third person perspective.

In any event, he's apologised for the reference to Anne Frank in order to clarify his intent.  

15 minutes ago, TK-421 said:

You're not in a position to call it bullshit if you can't appraise yourself of the content.  Ostrich behaviour. 

Sometimes you can judge a book by its cover. If it's promoting dangerously anti-scientific bullshit, then it goes somewhere wa-a-a-ay down the list of the books I want to read.

14 minutes ago, TK-421 said:

You haven't read it, though.  You're relying on a third person perspective.

In any event, he's apologised for the reference to Anne Frank in order to clarify his intent.  

Read what? I'm talking about the vile shit he was spouting about the Holocaust. The fact that he was shamed into apologising for it changes nothing: he said it; it was a completely shit thing to say.

1 minute ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Sometimes you can judge a book by its cover. If it's promoting dangerously anti-scientific bullshit, then it goes somewhere wa-a-a-ay down the list of the books I want to read.

You go, girl.

Hey everyone, that book is really bad.  I haven't read any of it and don't know anything about its contents, but it's really bad and stuff okay?  Twitter said so.  Stay safe xxx

2 minutes ago, TK-421 said:

You go, girl.

Hey everyone, that book is really bad.  I haven't read any of it and don't know anything about its contents, but it's really bad and stuff okay?  Twitter said so.  Stay safe xxx

Let's see if your ability to"do your own research" stretches as far as reading one page of this thread. If it does, you'll see that I never said that book is "really bad".  In response to your attempt to give credence to his dangerously anti-scientific bullshit (expressed in a deeply offensive way) by pointing to the sales figures, I pointed out that that is no indicator of validity.  (The Bible is the all-time best seller and that's a load of nonsense, too.) 

And "Twitter said so"??? Again, do your own research and count how many times I've relied on Twitter as a source, compared to how many times you have.

1 minute ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Let's see if your ability to"do your own research" stretches as far as reading one page of this thread. If it does, you'll see that I never said that book is "really bad".

14 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Voila! 

10 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

That doesn't say "it's really bad".  I just paraphrased the title.

Try again.

My mistake, you were giving it a glowing review.  It's probably the worst book I've ever read in my life.  I probably read it every single day, I love it so much.  It's garbage, I wish it never existed.  Like, it started the anti-vaccine movement, it's the forefather of anti-vaccine literature.  It is the shittiest book of all time, I respect it a lot and I wish I could get, like, as many copies of it as I want.  So that I can burn them all.  Because it's the best book of all time.