Bjornebye

Coronavirus

4 minutes ago, Strontium said:

I think New Zealand's increasingly authoritarian government is concerning. Not sure what's dumb about that.

You called their government Fascist for introducing public health measures. That's dumb.

6 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

You called their government Fascist for introducing public health measures. That's dumb.

No, I called them fascist for seriously curbing freedom. That's only dumb if you're opposed to freedom.

17 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

My old man has just tested positive. He fell on Saturday and had to go to hospital.  They discharged him this morning and half an hour after we’d left his house this afternoon the hospital phoned mum to tell him. 

Fuck sake mate, hope he's ok. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Strontium said:

No, I called them fascist for seriously curbing freedom. That's only dumb if you're opposed to freedom.

How was the rally yesterday? 

1 minute ago, TD_LFC said:

The only people who will have to stop smoking under New Zealand's plan are kids who are currently 14 years old and younger.

We saw this kind of thing start to creep in in the early 1930's. What next? Stickers for going the dentist? 

8 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

The only people who will have to stop smoking under New Zealand's plan are kids who are currently 14 years old and younger.

You know they won't remain 14 forever, yeah?

2 minutes ago, Strontium said:

Wait what what?

They won't be 14 forever. There's this thing called "ageing".

You're going to have to simplify it for me, ageing?

1 minute ago, Jairzinho said:

Speeds up slightly if you smoke. 

Lot's of gravel voiced perpetually 14 year old chain smokers running around New Zea.....hobbits, they're fucking hobbits.

Just now, TD_LFC said:

Lot's of gravel voiced perpetually 14 year old chain smokers running around New Zea.....hobbits, they're fucking hobbits.

Does Jacinda have no shame? 

3 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

Lads you do know that the 14 year olds and under are banned from smoking forever yeah?

I do. Not saying I agree with it 100% but if it reduces the amount of smokers (lets face it as nice as a biff is for a smoker, especially after a drink) getting ill through it then it's not the worst thing in the world. 

Those that want to smoke will find a way. 

2 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I do. Not saying I agree with it 100% but if it reduces the amount of smokers (lets face it as nice as a biff is for a smoker, especially after a drink) getting ill through it then it's not the worst thing in the world. 

Blackmarkettastic

5 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

Lads you do know that the 14 year olds and under are banned from smoking forever yeah?

So they'll know no different once they get to the age they could legally smoke, win win.

1 minute ago, Captain Howdy said:

Yeah, I’m sure that’s how it will pan out

So unless it's 100% successful it's not worth doing?.....hey I brought it back on brand.

9 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

So ban alcohol as well then and saturated fats and refined sugar and processed foods. I’m sure there are many other things we can ban. Let’s ban everything!!!!

12 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

So ban alcohol as well then and saturated fats and refined sugar and processed foods. I’m sure there are many other things we can ban. Let’s ban everything!!!!

I said I'm not fully in agreement with it. Defining health measures as facism is too much though.