You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

The missus is part of a closed Facebook group and another girl posted a story yesterday.

She has five friends, three vaxed and two not. The three had flu like symptoms and were fine after a few days. 

Of the unvaxed, one has had to quit his job as a chef as he can longer taste and smell. The other had complications and they had to amputate his leg.

Purely anecdotal mind you but still.

A lad who lives local to me who is 32 has suffered a heart attack & miocarditis after getting his booster.

I'm certain that the jabs have saved a lot of lives, but there is little evidence that a booster adds much in terms of reducing severe illness and death in people under the age of 60. I had both the initial jabs, but I've decided not to have the booster.

17 hours ago, Arniepie said:

Saw johnson on the news before saying it would be wrong to say the pandemic is over.

Unless I'm missing something  no body has said anything of the sort.

you have to remember Johnson is going to slay the vaccine, just like St George did with that dastardly dragon. 

3 hours ago, skend04 said:

Lateral flow won't work when showing symptoms. Need to go for a PCR.

i already added this in to quote and can't work out how to delete - but saw Brownie answered. I deffo got a positive off an LFT with symptoms, it is actually why i tested. i think in the past the guidance was if you test positive with an LFT, you should back it up with a PCR because there were concerns over false positives. I think as time has gone on, they've realised the only real issue with LFTs (aside from kids squirting in purple fruit shoot to get time off school) are false negatives. 

20 minutes ago, Em City said:

The missus is part of a closed Facebook group and another girl posted a story yesterday.

She has five friends, three vaxed and two not. The three had flu like symptoms and were fine after a few days. 

Of the unvaxed, one has had to quit his job as a chef as he can longer taste and smell. The other had complications and they had to amputate his leg.

Purely anecdotal mind you but still.

I read that in the voice of Jeremy Irons.

"No no, he said one of the bitches had three legs." 

p06v5nm2.jpg

• Upvote 3

Will never get my head round this illness. The wife's sister - who probably caught it in passing at work (she's a doctor on a maternity ward) - caught it in the run-up to Christmas. Mild symptoms, fine after a couple of days. Her fiancé, who works for a football club, is tested routinely and returned negative tests while she was isolating. A couple of days after her isolation period was up we all met up; next morning her fiancé's test comes back positive (completely asymptomatic). I spent the whole night sat next to him; three LFTs later and I'm still negative, as is everyone else in the room.

And yet there's loads of tales of super-spreader events - a colleague told me this morning he's isolating with mild symptoms: he was at a NYE party and 5 out of 11 have tested positive since - as well as people who've caught it in shops and pubs and so on, so I'm not doubting its transmissibility. 

Seems like it's turning into early LFC career Suarez. Misses loads of easy chances where people are sharing houses, but scores worldies when you brush past someone with it in the street.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Em City said:

My father refuses to get vaccinated. I was home for five minutes before Chistmas and it was the usual spiel - 'they're not vaccines', Fauci (he pronounced it Fossey) should be hung from the highest tree', etc. He definitely got it because he got a horribly sick a month ago and still has a cough like someone who's been smoking 60 a day for the last 50 years despite being very strong and healthy for his age.

The man left school at 14 but knows more than the vast majority of the scientific community apparently.

I don't think people who refuse vaccination realise how much worry they put their loved ones through.

I hope he's improving and gets well soon.

• Upvote 2

One thing that seems to be a trait of the anti-vaccine stuff is the sheer laziness of the arguments against. There are plenty of legitimate fears and gripes which could be levelled against vaccines and lockdown measures in fact, plenty of respectable legal and scientific talking heads you could probably quite, but most of the stuff I've heard has been Fox News style shite. Gates this, Fauci that, and other genuinely bonkers stuff. 

If you say you're pro vaccine, by and large you'll point to what I'd call respectable people who'd vouched for it, maybe even talk about the impact of vaccines in the past, etc, you wouldn't say something like 'the anti-vax conspiracy was started by Mc Hammer and was funded by the Saudi Royal family.' 

One of my mates hasn't been jabbed, but his explanation is he's unsure about them due to the speed of their development, I think that's a totally understandable and fair enough position. 

But in the last month I've spoken to (a) a personal trainer who 'doesn't believe in germs', calls it 'Convid' and says staying healthy is a choice we make through our approach to health and fitness. 

Another was a security guard who showed me a picture on a phone of a book on Amazon called 'your guide to the Omicron strain' which he claimed was written a year ago. 

I'm exhausted by the mentalism, there is a time fast approaching where we're going to have to build some vast Arkham style situation and putting these people out of sight and out of mind, for the sake of humanity - literally. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

As has been said many times on this thread - you are judged by the company you keep. 

Said the same to RP awhile back - there is a serious conversation to be had about mandates.

What the conspiracy nobheads ignore (and drown out) is that there are serious conversations being had all the time about mandates, about vaccine safety, about the mental health harms of isolation, etc. But it's more fun to shout nonsense and insults than to listen to evidence-based expert opinion.

6 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

What the conspiracy nobheads ignore (and drown out) is that there are serious conversations being had all the time about mandates, about vaccine safety, about the mental health harms of isolation, etc. But it's more fun to shout nonsense and insults than to listen to evidence-based expert opinion.

I rarely post in here because, well, you know.

But just to be clear, insults are bad now yeah?  Cos you've been fairly liberal with them on that thread you don't like. 

33 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

I'm exhausted by the mentalism, there is a time fast approaching where we're going to have to build some vast Arkham style situation and putting these people out of sight and out of mind, for the sake of humanity - literally. 

Just to clarify, negged for suggesting some sort of gulag.