You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

I think for once our interests and theirs probably just happen to intersect to a degree which is very rarely the case. Apart from the health implications of many potentially infected people being forced to come out of their homes to try to raise money, they’ll be terrified of the economy crashing, the banks running out of liquidity and a shit ton of businesses failing.

Pre-credit crunch, to most it seemed impossible that such things could happen, particularly in relation to banks failing and the economy turning to dust. They don’t feel that way anymore. 

Rest assured the motive won’t be to suddenly perform a Road to Damascus style conversion on all the inhumane cuntery of the past decade, having realised they really do care after all. But, so what so long as for now they’re incentivised to ensure people’s feet are prevented from plunging directly into the fire en-masse?

10 hours ago, Nelly-Torres said:

The actress Evangeline Lilly has used social media to announce that she plans to carry on as normal as she prefers freedom over her life and she won't let a "respiratory flu" change that. 

She also announced that she's currently living with her father. Who has stage 4 leukemia. 

E0F9C226-EAE8-4372-B6B7-4B789A266743.jpeg

30 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

Well yes, if people didn't hoard there would be plenty of food because it would be no different to last week. I'm assuming aside from Italy our food imports and domestic production are little different to normal. But the point I was making you said there's not a shortage, but there is. People are cunts and unless you stop them being cunts, they will carry. Apparently there's loads on social media bragging and showing video clips of all they've stored. 

Can’t find the article now but I was reading before that there isn’t a shortage of goods in the warehouses it’s just not been possible to sort the logistics of getting the extra amount needed to supermarkets on a daily basis. 

It was saying for example a Co-Op store will have space for, say, 50 loaves in the shops and 30 to be stored in the back. 30 packs of bog roll in the shop and 10 in the back. 80 bottles of milk in the shop and 20 in the back. You can’t suddenly just send double the amount of everything to all Co-Op stores because they need more van drivers to deliver the goods, more staff in stores to restock the shelves when things sell out and more space to store the additional goods than they currently have. 

Replicate this problem in all supermarkets around the country and you can see why they are all scrambling to employ extra staff in stores and on the road. 

27 minutes ago, Audrey Witherspoon said:

This should give people globally, boycott lists for getting out the other side of this.

fuck his ale being cheap, same for the bearded prick, and the hotel chain gobshite.

may not be easy, but drive the fuckers down.

Yep- my son and his mates at Uni are keeping a list. They spent most of his first term's nights out at Wetherspoons because it was cheap, that's not going to happen when this is over. These cunts should be treated as traitors.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

The little shits in my street have been out screaming since school closed and they will be off now for the foreseeable so no doubt they will be in the road everyday screaming, kicking balls at cars and generally being a fucking gang of little cunts. Their mums are too lazy to either keep them in for some routine and home schooling or to take them to the park. Fuming. 

Get an order in for a black widow, and a dozen packs of dried peas, and have some live action shoot outs with the little bastards.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, PestiRed said:

That sounds like a recommendation for suicide

My dislike for David Gray’s music dissipated a bit after he worked with Orbital, and I found out he was married to their sister. Can’t be a bad fella.

as I’ve got older, I don’t mind se

of the music as much, but fuck a whole album.

had to sit through a Coldplay gig once as we took our parents, I was there for the Temper Trap who were the support and boss as always.

11 hours ago, Nelly-Torres said:

The actress Evangeline Lilly has used social media to announce that she plans to carry on as normal as she prefers freedom over her life and she won't let a "respiratory flu" change that. 

She also announced that she's currently living with her father. Who has stage 4 leukemia. 

Is daddy due to leave a large estate?

What a fucking despicable cunt. I hope she gets hit by an ambulance rushing to save someone she infected.

2 hours ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Indeed. Proper "are you sitting comfortably, then I'll begin" fare. As he made his way to the ground, down cobbled streets, past candlestick makers, waving hello to the vicar carrying his trusty wooden rattle.

Is he the mangled prick who thinks he’s fucking Ronnie barker Reincarnate in the blood red match reports? I always job it after the journo and Klopp post match press, but the odd time I’ve not been able to switch it off, there’s a few footy manager divs, and Alan Bennett’s aborted twin who thinks he’s funnier than a fat girl in Lycra.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Golden Eel said:

Does anybody else feel like they've gone a little crazy?

The sceptic in me says they are building up some credit before the blame for whats about to happen is laid firmly at their door. Their decisions last week will be written about in history books in 100 years time.

56 minutes ago, Audrey Witherspoon said:

Get an order in for a black widow, and a dozen packs of dried peas, and have some live action shoot outs with the little bastards.

You’ve just reminded me I once lived next door to some selfish dickheads who’d hold fucking raves in their place all weekend. After multiple attempts to appeal to their better nature, and them refusing to come downstairs or let us in, my mate and I fired their window out with my black widow. Quite effective as a means of conflict resolution, bizarrely.

• Upvote 1