You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

1 minute ago, Boss said:

Are you serious? How can you ban someone for stating a fact? You complete plum.

Oh man, you’re a massive fucking racist.  If no one else will report you I will.  Let Dave decide because it’s his site but I’d jettison your arse right out of here. 

• Downvote 2

Just now, Rico1304 said:

Oh man, you’re a massive fucking racist.  If no one else will report you I will.  Let Dave decide because it’s his site but I’d jettison your arse right out of here. 

So Howie himself concedes a point, that is factually true, and therefore I'm a racist. How have you come to that determination?

1 minute ago, SasaS said:

Is AZ vaccine also a big-pharma-not-having-your-best-interest-at-heart thing? It was not developed by big pharma. What about vaccines developed, distributed and administered outside the capitalist world?

AstraZeneca as far as I know is a multi-national pharmaceutical company. 

15 minutes ago, Boss said:

Because some people don't believe in vaccines. They don't believe that Big Pharma has their best interests at heart. They believe it's a racket, where companies are hell-bent on profits and actually put peoples lives at risk. A racket where these same companies spend billions a year covering up mass-tort lawsuits from people who've had their health destroyed by prescription drugs. They raise their children to have the same belief system. It's from birth. It's actually not too different to being raised a Jew or a devote Catholic. It's just who you are, and what you've always known.

And the likes of the Koch brothers spend a lot of money to promote libertarian shite.

7 minutes ago, Boss said:

Thank you for your graciousness in conceding that point, Howie. Much respect to you for that. I understand your general point, and maybe I am jumping the shark a little bit. I guess it's personal to me and sometimes emotions do get the better of me in that regard. I need to check myself sometimes. 

No need to thank me fella, I made an incorrect statement. I do think this is a perfect example of the conversation on mandates or passports being co opted by a shitstorm. 

For me, vaccinated, boosted, had the vid. Trifecta of super powers.

Do not support mandates - do not support Gubmint covid passports.

Do support, in this singular case, the rights of any private business to dictate who can enter their shop, entertainment establishment or airplane as examples.

4 minutes ago, Boss said:

So Howie himself concedes a point, that is factually true, and therefore I'm a racist. How have you come to that determination?

Try this - I've got a job, which I do against my will (otherwise they wouldn't pay me).  This situation is the same as the enslavement of millions of African-Americans.

Do you not think that seems a little racist?

2 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Do support, in this singular case, the rights of any private business to dictate who can enter their shop, entertainment establishment or airplane as examples.

This reminds me of the debate around the smoking ban. People argued that it should be left to businesses to decide whether or not to ban smoking (ignoring the fact that it always had been). Just as pubs, etc, before the smoking ban were incentivised by market forces not to turn customers away - even if that meant putting the health of their non-smoking customers at risk - so places now are incentivised not to check anyone's vaccination status.

Market forces will not keep people safe. The pandemic, like seatbelts or the smoking ban, are a perfect example of governments needing to do what only governments can do.

31 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Point conceded - they could in fact leave the country as you stated under the conditions you stated. That is a very important fact when drawing parallels between the current state of Covid measures in the UK and Nazi Germany.

You're wrong to concede that point. He's arguing that the choice the Nazis gave the Jews of persecution or exile was an exercise in free will. It's absolute horseshit.

6 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

I was actually trying to figure what a grand in the mid 30s would be today. Has to be like 20X.

Was it 1k each? 

Edit -- Hee, in US it would be 19,328.00

But the assumption they’d all have it, and rather go to a camp than spend it.  Is it National Mask Slipping Day? 

• Downvote 1

Just now, TheHowieLama said:

No I get that. My guess is right now half of America wouldn't have 20k in cash.

Or that someone in a distress situation, selling their assets would get full price.  The Bernie Gunther books mention this often.  

He’s a massive racist and that’s on top of the misogyny. 

• Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

You're wrong to concede that point. He's arguing that the choice the Nazis gave the Jews of persecution or exile was an exercise in free will. It's absolute horseshit.

Acknowledged a fact. It's true, that was one choice some could have made. The last sentence is opinion and I may or may not disagree.

3 minutes ago, Leyton388 said:

Covid passes are a waste of time as the Vaccine does not stop transmission of the virus. 

The vaccine significantly reduces the transmission of the virus. The upshot of that fact is that if you put 100 vaccinated people in one room and 100 unvaccinated people in another room, you will get significantly fewer new cases from the vaccinated room (and any people infected from that room will stand a much better chance of avoiding serious illness or death).

Vaccine passes are a way of returning to something approaching normality, avoiding either lockdowns or mass deaths.

12 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

But the assumption they’d all have it, and rather go to a camp than spend it.  Is it National Mask Slipping Day? 

It's quite ironic that I'm here trying to rally against the oppressive actions of a pseudo-fascist government - a government that you've continually voted for, by the way. And you're the one accusing me of being on the side of the oppressor. You, who are always on the side of the oppressor.