You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

3 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Has anyone actually used their NHS Covid pass for anything? I've just been trying to look at mine, but the app is being a bit of a nobhead (possibly because Milli of people are checking it for the first time all at once).

You need to show proof to go in to bars/restaurants etc in New York. You could show them an online tufty club membership for all the notice they take.

4 minutes ago, Boss said:

At no point in history has the erosion of peoples rights ever led to a positive outcome. 

What about when criminals lose some of their rights and get sent to prison? Are there no positive outcomes for society there?

How about when people lost the right to own slaves? On balance, I'd say that was positive.

1 minute ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

The comparison falls down on the part where nobody, as a result of Covid, is being given a choice between persecution or exile.

If you are fundamentally opposed to vaccines then you have no choice. You can't travel. You can't even leave the country because you need to be vaccinated to emigrate. So you must therefore accept persecution. 

16 minutes ago, Boss said:

The Jews had choices. They could've left the country between 1933-1939 under the Haavara agreement which allowed them to emigrate to Palestine to flee persecution. If you had £1000 you could emigrate to Palestine under an immigrant investor program. 60,000 German Jews were resettled under this program. 

Fucking hell lad. The millions killed only had themselves to blame? Take it to the alt news covid thread. 

Just now, Boss said:

Schooling is a liberation of peoples rights. It allows everyone the opportunity to better themselves and their position in life.

Yes, but you don't have a choice, you have to do it. Your freedom is curtailed.

What about conscription?

Basically your assertion was a cliche.

5 minutes ago, Boss said:

If you are fundamentally opposed to vaccines then you have no choice. You can't travel. You can't even leave the country because you need to be vaccinated to emigrate. So you must therefore accept persecution. 

Persecution?

Bearing in mind what life for German Jews was like in the 1930s, please tell me how not being able to go to watch a Michael Bublé tribute act is "persecution".

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Persecution?

Bearing in mind what life for German Jews was like in the 1930s, please tell me how not being able to go to watch a Michael Bublé tribute act is "persecution".

He can’t go to Marbella ffs. It’s not oppression it’s worse than that it’s persecution. They’re out to stop  the mid priced holiday with kids club and watered down vodka cocktails 

This is what I posted about a few days ago.

There should be a serious conversation about mandates, passes etc.

I don't think it can be had by trying to make comparisons to Nazi Germany.

There are countless other, far more effective points to concentrate on.

None of them have to do with this vaccine in particular.

Kylie Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl. 

"Father cried himself to sleep tonight. He tries to keep secrets from me. But, I overheard him talking to Mother about the horrors he faced today. He was subject to the most inhumane treatment possible. Why are these monsters so cruel? Why do they do this to us? I've never seen Father cry before. But, the tears cascading down his cheek when he told Mother that he'd need to have a negative lateral flow test if he wanted to go and watch QPR versus Blackburn Rovers will be etched on my mind forever. 

Why, Lord? Why do you subject us to this tyranny?"

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, The-Sir said:

Are you trying to justify the holocaust? 

I'm fundamentally against any erosion of civil liberties, so you can extrapolate out from that I'm staunchly opposed to the Holocaust and what happened to the Jews. However, there are facts, and there are feelings - and they are two separate things. Suppose someone makes a statement claiming the Jews had no free will in Nazi Germany during the '30s. It's not true and needs to be called out as such, especially if they are claiming the two scenarios are different because the unvaccinated have a choice.