You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

20 minutes ago, Belarus said:

You’re right - and that’s the problem!

That's not what I mean. Look at the thread - and the points of discussion.

I want/don't want to get vaccinated

By now there are very few people who are changing their minds for any reason other than they have caught Covid and are now fearing death, or they did it for employment reasons.

No one is being convinced at this point. There is no gray area.

Vaccine reduces chance of serious/death case and hospitilization.

Not sure anyone is suggesting there is any gray area there. Give it a shot (hee) if you think there is.

Vaccine reduces transmission rate.

The overwhelming scientific evidence confirms this. For whatever reason some folks who have made the choice not to get vaccinated now feel compelled to justify their decision. Which, they don't have to.

I don't imagine the group represented in this thread is much different to the rest of society. There are what, about 50 posters active on this and there a handful looking for a point on transmission. Like the rest of social media that small group seems, from a science standpoint, to throw alot of shit at the wall to accomplish it.

Anything about mandates and Pharma profits have absolutely nothing to do with the three points above.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

A human being who calls bullshitters out for bullshitting have you registered that ? Who the fuck are you to cry about bullshit being called out? 

how do you discern it is bullshit? and how do you become the judge? 

1 minute ago, Pureblood said:

The content is excellent.  I can't recommend it enough, especially to someone on your side of the fence.  

Also, these colander/inanimate object insults.  They're fucking lame.  It needs saying. 

Haha the colander bits tongue in cheek. 

But yeah you keep watching that content and ignoring reality. But don’t cry when someone rightly points out something that’s bullshit. Cool? X 

1 minute ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

So you haven’t got the answer then? I asked a question, if you don’t know the answer the. Just say so. 

Show me the bit where I’ve insisted on anyone getting vaccinated. Are you ok? I know you’re bored at home etc but honest is everything ok? You haven’t asked me a question. 

3 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Again, you don’t know what the fuck your are in about.  The vaccines don’t cause mutations.

It's very possible (even likely) that they do.  With a leaky vaccine and mass vaccination campaign, the ideal conditions are created for the virus to evolve quickly and escape immunity in the same way that overuse of antibiotics can provoke resistant bacteria, e.g. MSRA.  

1 minute ago, Hasta la vista shithouse cunts said:

how do you discern it is bullshit? and how do you become the judge? 

Who said I’m the judge? We should all be judges you fucking ironing board 

I’m not judging people for not wanting to get a vaccine I’m judging people for lying. 

Just now, Bjornebye said:

Show me the bit where I’ve insisted on anyone getting vaccinated. Are you ok? I know you’re bored at home etc but honest is everything ok? You haven’t asked me a question. 

The question was who are being protected now if the overwhelming majority of at risk folks have been vaccinated?

2 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I saw a march of science-denying shitheads in town yesterday and I was reassured by how few there were: two dozen numpties getting soaked in the rain is better than the hundreds who were on the all-purpose conspiracy cunt march I saw a few months ago.

Who made you judge you bully etc colanders 

Just now, TheHowieLama said:

The question was who are being protected now if the overwhelming majority of at risk folks have been vaccinated?

Aah. The individual. You know, the ones taking up nhs beds. Etc that’s been answered countless times 

Just now, Pureblood said:

It's very possible (even likely) that they do.  With a leaky vaccine and mass vaccination campaign, the ideal conditions are created for the virus to evolve quickly and escape immunity in the same way that overuse of antibiotics can provoke resistant bacteria, e.g. MSRA.  

You don’t know what you are talking about.   For example, if you were presented with a paper on viruses, their mutations and how they worked which was entirely made up you would not be able to recognise the bits that were wrong would you? 

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

Who said I’m the judge? We should all be judges you fucking ironing board 

I’m not judging people for not wanting to get a vaccine I’m judging people for lying. 

Where have people lied? had a different viewpoint sure but out right lied? 

1 minute ago, Rico1304 said:

You don’t know what you are talking about.   For example, if you were presented with a paper on viruses, their mutations and how they worked which was entirely made up you would not be able to recognise the bits that were wrong would you? 

I'd place my trust in someone more qualified than me to break it down and explain it.  My go to boys and girls have already been named on this thread.  

You're right that I don't know what I'm taking about, but the experts I listen to do.  It's called learning.

2 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Haha the colander bits tongue in cheek. 

But yeah you keep watching that content and ignoring reality. But don’t cry when someone rightly points out something that’s bullshit. Cool? X 

I’m not saying you insisted anyone getting the vaccine. Stop making a bigger fool out of yourself. 

The ‘your’ in my question was a general use as of the word, not you specifically. However you have said in the past to do it to protect others, so how the question was worded is valid. 

But as I said, if you don’t know, the. Just say so. 

3 minutes ago, Pureblood said:

That's a theory. Thus far, the opposite is true. Saying something is possible doesn't mean anything. It's possible I may fuck Selena Gomez. 

Would it have been better if no vaccines had been created for this virus, TK?

9 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

That's not what I mean. Look at the thread - and the points of discussion.

I want/don't want to get vaccinated

By now there are very few people who are changing their minds for any reason other than they have caught Covid and are now fearing death, or they did it for employment reasons.

No one is being convinced at this point. There is no gray area.

Vaccine reduces chance of serious/death case and hospitilization.

Not sure anyone is suggesting there is any gray area there. Give it a shot (hee) if you think there is.

Vaccine reduces transmission rate.

The overwhelming scientific evidence confirms this. For whatever reason some folks who have made the choice not to get vaccinated now feel compelled to justify their decision. Which, they don't have to.

I don't imagine the group represented in this thread is much different to the rest of society. There are what, about 50 posters active on this and there a handful looking for a point on transmission. Like the rest of social media that small group seems, from a science standpoint, to throw alot of shit at the wall to accomplish it.

Anything about mandates and Pharma profits have absolutely nothing to do with the three points above.

The reduction in transmission is now minimal hence the need for boosters, guess that's good for pfizer.

2 minutes ago, Hasta la vista shithouse cunts said:

Where have people lied? had a different viewpoint sure but out right lied? 

People lie all the time on here. “Delayed first wave” “over by winter” 

Just now, TheHowieLama said:

Huh?

Which individual? The one who has already been vaccinated or are you saying for breakthrough infections?

The individual. 

Just now, Skidfingers McGonical said:

I’m not saying you insisted anyone getting the vaccine. Stop making a bigger fool out of yourself. 

The ‘your’ in my question was a general use as of the word, not you specifically. However you have said in the past to do it to protect others, so how the question was worded is valid. 

Oh so ‘your’ means something different. Put your phone down soft lad. You lost all credibility when you admitted to allowing masks off in your taxi despite the world dying around us. X 

2 minutes ago, Hasta la vista shithouse cunts said:

The reduction in transmission is now minimal hence the need for boosters, guess that's good for pfizer.

That’s a lie. Transmission is back through the fucking roof 

Shit like this, this is my point. Wake the fuck up 

Just now, 3 Stacks said:

That's a theory. Thus far, the opposite is true. Saying something is possible doesn't mean anything. It's possible I may fuck Selena Gomez. 

Would it have been better if no vaccines had been created for this virus, TK?

I don't think the opposite is true.  Omicron bears the hallmarks of a variant that has arisen due to selective pressure being placed upon it, depending on who you listen to.

To answer your question, we will never know because we've launched into a worldwide mass vaccination of all age groups including children.  Certainly there are people who would argue that you should never mass vaccinate in the middle of a pandemic due to the risk of mutations arising from selective pressure.

5 minutes ago, Hasta la vista shithouse cunts said:

If you take the very worst numbers of recent studies on transmission it is a reduction of about a third. Pretty substantial even that.

The boosters are for the individuals protection against infection. Same as the first shots.

If you are worried about Pfizer making money, don't buy any of their other drugs.

4 minutes ago, Pureblood said:

I'd place my trust in someone more qualified than me to break it down and explain it.  My go to boys and girls have already been named on this thread.  

You're right that I don't know what I'm taking about, but the experts I listen to do.  It's called learning.

Right, so you’ve already decided who to believe.  No point continuing.  

Cult. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

Can't remember who was having a go at someone mentioning an elite vaccine the other day yet not seeing the irony that only rich countries can afford the vaccines and thus countering the argument of looking after the most vulnerable. 

Just now, Bjornebye said:

I like you mate but what the fuck is that 

Some of this could be wrong but I'll try :

The MRNA vaccines in use don't kill off the virus, they protect the vaccinated person though, unless there's a variant that can escape the vaccine which can lead to pharma corps having to update their vaccines to deal with it. When the virus is going around a load of vaccinated people this way it can create pressure leading to more dangerous variants.

Sterilising vaccines (what many of us thought of as vaccines before this pandemic) that actually deal with the virus and stop the spread would solve this problem but that'd require pharma corps to make something a lot better than what we have now.

So everyone being vaccinated with MRNA vaccines could actually turn out to be worse than it is now, leading to worse types of coronavirus which could be more of a danger to unvaccinated, and also to vaccinated unless they get an updated vaccine.