You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

2 minutes ago, Pureblood said:

As for the many sportspeople collapsing, I guess it's just an entire coincidence that they all happened straight after the introduction of mass vaccination.  

Wasn't that list of athletes dying - with no sign of correlation, let alone causation - your dead clever parting shot on one of your flounces?

• Upvote 1

Just now, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Wasn't that list of athletes dying - with no sign of correlation, let alone causation - your dead clever parting shot on one of your flounces?

Yes, that's right.  They didn't all die.  

It's worth looking into, though.  But people like you wouldn't tolerate such a reasonable approach.  You'd rather sweep it under the carpet, because you see everything through a vaccine tinted prism. To you, it's infallible. 

Goodnight

5 minutes ago, Pureblood said:

It's worth looking into, though.  But people like you wouldn't tolerate such a reasonable approach.  You'd rather sweep it under the carpet, because you see everything through a vaccine tinted prism. To you, it's infallible. 

Goodnight

Are you saying that athletes shouldn't die young? Was Marc Vivian foe vaccinated?

13 minutes ago, Clem H Fandango said:

Are you saying that athletes shouldn't die young? Was Marc Vivian foe vaccinated?

Marc Vivian Foe was an exceptional rarity.  Look how far back you had to go to find that example. It's happening frequently now. I wonder what happened to increase the frequency? Should we investigate it rigourously and with an open mind, or dismiss it all nonchalantly? 

Goodnight

Just now, Pureblood said:

Marc Vivian Voe was an exceptional rarity.  Look how far back you had to go to find that example. It's happening frequently now. I wonder what happened to increase the frequency? Should we investigate it rigourously and with an open mind, or dismiss it all nonchalantly? 

But all athletes drink water. Probably all eat eggs and chicken etc aswell as breathe the same air. Why fixate on the vaccine as the cause?

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Pureblood said:

Marc Vivian Foe was an exceptional rarity.  Look how far back you had to go to find that example. It's happening frequently now. I wonder what happened to increase the frequency? Should we investigate it rigourously and with an open mind, or dismiss it all nonchalantly? 

Young athletes suffering from heart conditions is not an "exceptional rarity", mate. 

In any case, do you really think people aren't investigating incidences of heart issues? The myocarditis issues have been extremely publicized by health authorities. Until there's data saying there is some causality between more severe heart events and vaccines, there's nothing to talk about.

The ones obsessed with these events are people who haven't taken the vaccine so they can be proven right in a way, that's all it is. It's dishonest.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Pureblood said:

Because it's our duty as decent human beings to investigate these matters thoroughly.

Goodnight

So you're saying that we should all as 'decent human beings' dutifully investigate this? Wtf! You don't like the vaccine being advised to you, and yet you advise us all to investigate?

Goodnight

Just now, 3 Stacks said:

Young athletes suffering from heart conditions is not an "exceptional rarity", mate. 

In any case, do you really think people aren't investigating incidences of heart issues? The myocarditis issues have been extremely publicized by health authorities. Until there's data saying there is some causality, there's nothing to talk about.

The ones obsessed with these events are people who haven't taken the vaccine so they can proven right in a way, that's all it is. It's dishonest.

If you think it can't possibly be the vaccine, fair enough.  I think it is possible, and shouldn't be casually ruled out.  Nelly Torres is trying to explain it away with links to goal.com. C'mon man, I thought we were following the science.  Not following fucking goal.com. 

Goodnight Stacksy

8 minutes ago, Pureblood said:

If you think it can't possibly be the vaccine, fair enough.  I think it is possible, and shouldn't be casually ruled out.  Nelly Torres is trying to explain it away with links to goal.com. C'mon man, I thought we were following the science.  Not following fucking goal.com. 

Goodnight Stacksy

You're putting words in my mouth. No one said it's impossible. What there isn't is proof. You need proof. When someone goes down there are a lot of unsavoury people who say; "it's the vaccine" with no proof whatsoever, that's not ok. You can't say stuff like that with such unflinching certainty. I know you're simply questioning whether vaccines are to blame but loads of people skip that step entirely and blame them for everything. You have to establish causality, you have to see if heart events are even increasing. None of that is proven as of yet. 

Especially when in some of these cases right after the Inter Dr. says Eriksen wasn't even vaccinated and Charlie Wyke the Wigan player had to say himself he wasn't vaccinated, but none of that matters to these people. They then say Wyke was forced to say it or the Dr. is lying, etc... It's nonsense.  

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, Pureblood said:

Goodnight

Did you look into it? 

For example, did you look into the causes of those collapses? Whether the number of collapses was more than usual? How many of the athletes had been vaccinated? What vaccines had they had? etc.

There's nothing to sweep under the rug, because - like I said - you haven't even shown any correlation.

48 minutes ago, Pureblood said:

The fines should be called the Vaxx Tax. I'm claiming that one.  

As for the many sportspeople collapsing, I guess it's just an entire coincidence that they all happened straight after the introduction of mass vaccination.  

RIP Sergio Aguero

Goodnight 

Forget vaccines. 

In any other situation, for example, somebody said that sportspeople were collapsing or dying after A (A = getting cortisone injections/drinking Lucozade Sport/being trained by Peter Krawietz) you'd surely want to establish that A had actually happened to the players in question before going on to investigate what role A had in their fate? 

Why, when it comes to vaccines, are you so happy to dispense with this first, crucial step (establishing that A has actually happened) and jump straight to the latter stages of enquiry when you likely wouldn't do it in any other circumstances? 

It makes you look like you're that ideologically wedded to your viewpoint that it's making you blinkered and acting abnormally and totally irrationally. 

11 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Starting with... Has the number of athletes collapsing increased?

Some data would be nice.

Yes it has increased.  It's conveniently explained away as being more likely due to Covid, for example in this article which acknowledges there is an increase in footballers collapsing on the field of play.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2021/11/26/scientists-rebuff-irresponsible-claims-pundits-say-covid-likely/

But I put it to you, why is Covid more likely to be the cause of this?  Mathematically, admittedly only at first glance, it is more likely to be the vaccine, in my opinion. The reason being that mass vaccination has taken place in a very short space of time.  Billions of people have been given multiple doses, but Covid has not been infecting people at anywhere near the same rate.  

Goodnight.

30 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Correct. 

It's an issue that's warranted medical research, with papers being written on it many years before all the "It's da vaccines, lad" idle speculation started. 

https://www.google.com/search?q=sudden+cardiac+death+sports&client=ms-android-huawei-rev1&sxsrf=AOaemvLqQHJ-fFS7-RPJQHA-DRgWhtYKZA%3A1638318114240&ei=IsCmYYqKDqKOlwTtvoWoBA&oq=sudden+cardiac+death+sports&gs_lcp=ChNtb2JpbGUtZ3dzLXdpei1zZXJwEAMyBQgAEIAEMgYIABAWEB4yBggAEBYQHjIFCCEQoAE6BAgAEEc6BAgAEEM6CwgAEIAEELEDEIMBUIYKWJ4fYNMjaABwAXgAgAHFAogBpAmSAQcwLjYuMC4xmAEAoAEByAEIwAEB&sclient=mobile-gws-wiz-serp

8 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Forget vaccines. 

In any other situation, for example, somebody said that sportspeople were collapsing or dying after A (A = getting cortisone injections/drinking Lucozade Sport/being trained by Peter Krawietz) you'd surely want to establish that A had actually happened to the players in question before going on to investigate what role A had in their fate? 

Why, when it comes to vaccines, are you so happy to dispense with this first, crucial step (establishing that A has actually happened) and jump straight to the latter stages of enquiry when you likely wouldn't do it in any other circumstances? 

It makes you look like you're that ideologically wedded to your viewpoint that it's making you blinkered and acting abnormally and totally irrationally. 

I'm not saying it's the cause. I'm saying it should be looked into, rigourously and thoroughly with an open mind. 

You're the one who is irrational, you're ruling it out on the basis of what someone on goal.com said. 

Yours is the more ideologically driven and narrow minded approach, because you start with the position of definitely ruling it out and won't entertain any other view. 

Goodnight

27 minutes ago, Pureblood said:

Goodnight Stacksy

It's a relevant link. It's not making a scientific point. It's simply confirming that a player whose collapse has been implicitly attributed to the vaccine (which we don't know that he's had) had already suffered from cardiac problems, pre-covid. 

I'm not sure what you want? His detailed medical records? If that's the case, you want all the evidence presenting, yet you can't even provide the slightest bit of evidence which shows that these players have been vaccinated. 

Amazing stuff. 

2 minutes ago, Pureblood said:

I'm not saying it's the cause. I'm saying it should be looked into, rigourously and thoroughly with an open mind. 

You're the one who is irrational, you're ruling it out on the basis of what someone on goal.com said. 

Yours is the more ideologically driven and narrow minded approach, because you start with the position of definitely ruling it out and won't entertain any other view. 

Goodnight

I'm not ruling anything out. I'm questioning the accuracy of a list which leaves out vital information and tells lies. I've highlighted other factors that need to be taken into consideration. 

I didn't mention that this list of "otherwise fit sportsmen" actually contains a few portly men who are north of 50 years old. Or a 17 year old American Footballer who weighed 385 lbs. Funnily enough, these details were also omitted by the author of the "It's all the vaccines" conspiracy list. 

9 minutes ago, ManéMan said:

The majority of hospitalisations are from amongst the people who have been double vaccinated...this tells me the vaccines are shite or something's not quite right.

It's about proportions.

Vaccines aren't 100% effective. Nobody claimed that they were. But, a lot more people have been vaccinated than not. But, the proportion of vaccinated people who are in hospital is much smaller than the proportion of unvaccinated people in hospital. 

Google El Pais vaccine graphic and have a look. 

1 hour ago, Clem H Fandango said:

But all athletes drink water. Probably all eat eggs and chicken etc aswell as breathe the same air. Why fixate on the vaccine as the cause?

Because the vaccines are the only variable that's been added. Presumably, they ate chicken and eggs before the introduction of the vaccines, likewise - seeing as they are living human beings - they also breathe in oxygen and consume water.