You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

1 minute ago, Baltar said:

There's a weird conspiracy theory going around that 5G networks are the cause of this virus. Apparently that's why the virus is mainly affecting industrialised nations that have rolled out 5G and why the 3rd world has so far been mostly spared. Iran apparently have an extensive 5G network that was due to go live next month which is why they also have been hit hard.

We are living in very strange times.

I think Red Phoenix was talking about this last week. I still remember when we all died and the world blew up at midnight Y2K. 

A major London hospital has declared a “critical incident” due to a surge in patients with coronavirus, with one senior director in the capital calling the development “petrifying”.

In a message to staff, Northwick Park Hospital in Harrow said it has no critical care capacity left and has contacted neighbouring hospitals about transferring patients who need critical care to other sites.

The message, sent last night and seen by HSJ, said: “I am writing to let you know that we have this evening declared a ‘critical incident’ in relation to our critical care capacity at Northwick Park Hospital. This is due to an increasing number of patients with Covid-19.

“This means that we currently do not have enough space for patients requiring critical care.

“As part of our system resilience plans, we have contacted our partners in the North West London sector this evening to assist with the safe transfer of patients off of the Northwick Park site”

The hospital is run by London North West University Healthcare Trust, which has since reported six deaths related to coronavirus, all at Northwick Park.

The potential lack of critical care beds in England has been the major concern around coronavirus, and trusts are currently repurposing wards and retraining staff to try and create more capacity. National leaders have suggested the number of critical care beds likely needs to rise by several times.

One senior director at another acute trust in London, who also saw the message, told HSJ

A senior director at another London acute trust told HSJ: “Given we’re in the low foothills of this virus, this is f***ing petrifying.

“The thing people aren’t really talking about yet is that we are going to have to quickly agree some clinical thresholds for admissions to intensive care. This is what the Italians have had to do, and whether it’s set at 60 or whatever, we are going to have to do something similar. There’s no way we’re going to be able to scale up to the level we need otherwise.

“The trusts in outer London seem to be hit much worse at the moment, probably about two weeks ahead of the rest of the country. Barnet, Lewisham and Greenwich, Epsom and St Helier, North Middlesex and Hillingdon are all struggling.

“I was in denial about the seriousness of this virus a couple of weeks ago, but not anymore.

“I’m now on calls with commissioners about getting more people out of hospital and into the community, and they’re saying ’yes that’ll be done in the next week’, and I’m on the verge of screaming at them. Things are going completely nuts.

“And there’s a real problem with private care homes refusing to take patients back unless they’ve been tested for covid-19. But that’s not the national guidance currently and there just aren’t enough testing kits to do it.”

https://www.hsj.co.uk/news/hospitals-critical-care-unit-overwhelmed-by-coronavirus-patients/7027189.article

But yeah, wash your hands. 

18 minutes ago, Baltar said:

There's a weird conspiracy theory going around that 5G networks are the cause of this virus. Apparently that's why the virus is mainly affecting industrialised nations that have rolled out 5G and why the 3rd world has so far been mostly spared. Iran apparently have an extensive 5G network that was due to go live next month which is why they also have been hit hard.

We are living in very strange times.

If it means 8k netflix it will all be worth it. 

In other news they have found a nazi base on the dark side of the moon. 

1 hour ago, sir roger said:

Anybody thinking of doing the 'pause' thing on Sky Sports might be better leaving it for a day or two unless they have strong masochistic tendencies as I have been trying on and off since last night.

Have you considered using WeQ4U on a mobile phone? You phone the number you want to call and if there is a free conversion then you don't have to pay for the call. Even better, when you make the call, it says there is a button you can press that if you are placed in a queue, press that button and the call ends. When you are on the better end of the queue (i.e. some cunt answers) your phone rings and you answer the phone! Worth a shot.

The number of people who have died in the UK after contracting coronavirus has risen to 184 after England saw 39 more deaths - the biggest rise in a day.

It comes after a third person - a 71-year-old with underlying health conditions - died in Wales after contracting COVID-19, according to authorities there on Friday morning.

Northern Ireland also confirmed testing there had resulted in nine new positive cases, bringing the total number of confirmed cases in Northern Ireland to 86.

There were 3,269 confirmed cases in the UK recorded by Thursday evening - that figure will be updated later today.

2 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

The advice is for over 70s and those with chronic health issues, to stay at home for 12 weeks, yet people are having to go to supermarkets, day after day in hope of purchasing food and other essentials. Something Johnson and the government seem to be totally ignoring. Fucking ridiculous.

Yep it’s madness.  Absolute shambles.  It was obvious this was coming months ago but these arsewipes have sat around doing f-all which in turn will cost thousands of lives.  

I'm stuck in my flat watching pop songs from the early days, not all good, happy days as a kid, wishing I could go back. 

Fucksake this is starting to really get me down after only a week of staying in for the most part, unable to go to the bar to drown this shit out of my mind. Fucksake it's grim and it's hard to feel optimistic, phoned family in Liverpool who I won't see for some time to stay safe etc, sorry  but I'm feeling down. 

6 minutes ago, easytoslip said:

I'm stuck in my flat watching pop songs from the early days, not all good, happy days as a kid, wishing I could go back. 

Fucksake this is starting to really get me down after only a week of staying in for the most part, unable to go to the bar to drown this shit out of my mind. Fucksake it's grim and it's hard to feel optimistic, phoned family in Liverpool who I won't see for some time to stay safe etc, sorry  but I'm feeling down. 

What songs are you listening too mate? 

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prepare/managing-stress-anxiety.html?CDC_AA_refVal=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cdc.gov%2Fcoronavirus%2F2019-ncov%2Fabout%2Fcoping.html

The outbreak of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) may be stressful for people. Fear and anxiety about a disease can be overwhelming and cause strong emotions in adults and children. Coping with stress will make you, the people you care about, and your community stronger.

8 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

What songs are you listening too mate? 

All different ones  ch78 I think, it's good watching the girls dancing to TRex etc, most of it not to good  but it sure takes me back, I'm thinking of going up the pub to get bevvied and fuck it all, but I don't think that's sensible, finding it tough to handle all this fuckin' shit, me flat is spotless  nothing left to clean

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

I think Red Phoenix was talking about this last week. I still remember when we all died and the world blew up at midnight Y2K. 

It was someone else, I can remember it though and it might not be too far back in pages.

This was the first mention of it too when Sugar Ape was joking about it, but it's way back on page 14 : https://www.liverpoolway.co.uk/index.php?/forums/topic/115439-coronavirus/&page=14&tab=comments#comment-5553774