You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

2 hours ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

Masks back at school. Kids and staff dropping like flies. One of my colleagues seriously ill despite being double jabbed. Is it even worth getting a booster at this point? Just seems like a different variant will come along and make it irrelevant anyway. 

The evidence so far is that vaccinations give some degree of protection against all variants. Some protection is better than none.

8 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I was on merseyrail this morning, no more than about 20% observance of mask wearing. On my London train, it was much higher, bit still not even 2/3 I would say. It feels people just don't give a shit. 

Only about a quarter observance on this bus too. It gladdens my heart to see people rejecting this quackery, and if I didn't have so much to lose from ignoring the law, I would be joining them. 

• Downvote 4

22 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Only about a quarter observance on this bus too. It gladdens my heart to see people rejecting this quackery, and if I didn't have so much to lose from ignoring the law, I would be joining them. 

What does it harm people to wear masks? Honestly, I'd sooner not wear one, but if it helps while we're getting a handle on this new strain, I don't see the issue. 

29 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Oh you're the worst kind.

YOU people fight the good fight and stand up against the quackkery, but I can't join you obviously because I have too much to lose, but you people take the risks and I'll support you from a position of safety.

It's like the cunts telling people not to take the vaccine having taken it themselves.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

What does it harm people to wear masks? Honestly, I'd sooner not wear one, but if it helps while we're getting a handle on this new strain, I don't see the issue. 

If you say you'd sooner not wear one, it sounds like you're already fully aware of what an inconvenience they are. And with the real world data we now have about their efficacy, they won't be getting a handle on anything, let alone this new ultra-mild variant.

16 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

Oh you're the worst kind.

YOU people fight the good fight and stand up against the quackkery, but I can't join you obviously because I have too much to lose, but you people take the risks and I'll support you from a position of safety.

It's like the cunts telling people not to take the vaccine having taken it themselves.

I got the vaccine you stupid tit. I got it purely and simply so I could get on a bus or a train or walk into a shop without having to suffer itchy face and breathing difficulties. I won't be making that mistake again.

12 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

How many people refusing vaccines and not wearing masks are single I wonder?

Merely curious as you see a lot of anti vaxxers wearing masks or is that just to hide their identity? I’m not as smart as most on here as you all know.

I have a beautiful Hungarian girlfriend. 

20 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

If you say you'd sooner not wear one, it sounds like you're already fully aware of what an inconvenience they are. And with the real world data we now have about their efficacy, they won't be getting a handle on anything, let alone this new ultra-mild variant.

I got the vaccine you stupid tit. I got it purely and simply so I could get on a bus or a train or walk into a shop without having to suffer itchy face and breathing difficulties. I won't be making that mistake again.

Has the variant that was discovered last week been officially declared ultra mild, or is that just some anecdotal stuff from young people in southern Africa? Nobody even knew it existed a week ago. 

It is an inconvience wearing a mask. But it's not a big deal. It's an inconvience having to walk around full clothed, but sadly modern society doesn't appear to be onboard with me walking around with my gut out and ball sack swinging. Frankly I find the oppression of being forced to be clothed in public an unacceptable freedom to have taken away. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, TheBitch said:

PCR test positive last Monday. 

Same as me. You have to wait 28 days after first symptoms to get a jab or booster. No special reason for the number of days apart from wanting to be sure the virus is out of the system and you're feeling physically fine to have it. Mine is booked in for the 20th.