You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

2 hours ago, Nelly-Torres said:

What were the chances of Stronts, Spy Bee, Boss and the arsetist currently known as Pureblood all being in the same tube carriage at the same time? 

The thing is, Piers, my breath contains droplets of water large enough to carry a virus.

I hope my farts don't.

1 hour ago, Spy Bee said:

Three key Covid vaccines announcements: 

- Boosters expanded to include all over-18s

- Third doses fast tracked with the gap between the 2nd and 3rd doses halved from 6 to 3 months

- Children aged 12 to 15 will now be offered second doses

These seem like strange measures when we haven't quantified the problem of the new variant. If the South African observations are correct and symptoms are piss weak, then why the rush to jab a load more people?

It's this kind of shit that makes me distrust the motives.

Isn't the plan for the boosters to all be RNA vaccines? if so I believe a lot of AZ people will prob be in a more secure position for new variants post-booster.

Now her bloody PCR has come back negative. 

LFT tests on Friday were positive. Maybe I’ve been struggling to sleep downstairs for no reason. 

Don’t know what to do…. Have a look at this….

https://www.gavi.org/vaccineswork/covid-why-are-people-testing-positive-lateral-flow-tests-then-negative-pcr

Not sure wether or not to let her out of isolation. Done a couple more LFT’s now and it’s a faint barely visible line. The person we thought she’d caught it from is in hospital with it. 

It’s her birthday tomorrow as well. Twenty minutes ago the plan was unfortunately to keep her locked away. Now, I don’t know. 

If she hasn’t got Covid after all, I could throw my hat back in the ring for Everton. 

1 hour ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

But it isn't 100% deadly, which I think is the relevant point here.

Just wondering what liberties you’re losing ? 

I suspect (happy for you to tell me otherwise) that you’re having another crying fit about having to wear a mask on your bus to work but know deep down how selfish and pathetic it sounds so you won’t admit it. 

16 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Just wondering what liberties you’re losing ? 

I suspect (happy for you to tell me otherwise) that you’re having another crying fit about having to wear a mask on your bus to work but know deep down how selfish and pathetic it sounds so you won’t admit it. 

The government has retained the power to bring in whichever restrictions it deems fit, if I recall correctly.  It's clear that lockdown type restrictions are on the cards.

There was a social contract that if you took your two jabs you would regain all your freedoms.

5 minutes ago, Pureblood said:

The government has retained the power to bring in whichever restrictions it deems fit, if I recall correctly.  It's clear that lockdown type restrictions are on the cards.

There was a social contract that if you took your two jabs you would regain all your freedoms.

Governments tend to have a bit of power. It’s kind of the whole point. 

Where was this social contract? Where has anyone confirmed we are heading into a lockdown? 

2 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Governments tend to have a bit of power. It’s kind of the whole point. 

Where was this social contract? Where has anyone confirmed we are heading into a lockdown? 

Even if there isn't a lockdown, people will have to self-isolate for ten days if they're notified they've been in contact with an Omicron case. That will effect millions of people when it inevitably takes off.   So that's one freedom gone.

Just now, Pureblood said:

Even if there isn't a lockdown, people will have to self-isolate for ten days if they're notified they've been in contact with an Omicron case. That will effect millions of people when it inevitably takes off. 

Why are you so against measures intended to keep people from dying? 

Mrs was in tears before as we're heading to Northern Ireland for Christmas and her dad has got cancer, she's worried we're going to get a last minute shafting again and won't be allowed to go like last year.

It's shit this, really shit.

When they look back at this era in the history books they'll realise the amount of misery, suffering, missed diagnoses, loneliness, loss of livelihood, mental illness and all the other shit that's been caused far, far outweighed the harm done by the actual spikey little bastard itself. 

This pandemic has just captured and enhanced all the worst parts of our modern world, the social media misinformation and general hysteria, the lack of professionalism and expertise and morals in our political system and media, the inability of wider society to cope with any advertisty, the selfishness, the desire to turn everything into right/left point scoring.

• Upvote 6

Just now, Section_31 said:

Mrs was in tears before as we're heading to Northern Ireland for Christmas and her dad has got cancer, she's worried we're going to get a last minute shafting again and won't be allowed to go.

When they look back at this era in the history books they'll realise the amount of misery, suffering, missed diagnoses, loneliness, loss of livelihood, mental illness and all the other shit that's been caused far, far outweighed the harm done by the actual spikey little bastard itself. 

This pandemic has just captured and enhanced all the worst parts of our modern world, the social media misinformation and general hysteria, the lack of professionalism and expertise and morals in our political system and media, the inability of wider society to cope with any advertisty, the selfishness, the desire to turn everything into right/left point scoring.

Sorry to hear about your Mrs Dad mate and you’re very right about the selfishness.

Don’t forget this “little spikey bastard” has killed over 4 million people , I know many tend to forget that detail. 

It’s not a left/right thing it’s a right/wrong thing. 

6 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Mrs was in tears before as we're heading to Northern Ireland for Christmas and her dad has got cancer, she's worried we're going to get a last minute shafting again and won't be allowed to go like last year.

Obviously, the virus has had trickle down effects that have made life difficult and will continue to make life difficult.  That said, comparing people getting depressed they can't live their lives as they could in 2019 to millions of people dying from Covid would be a little disrespectful to those dead, would it not? Not sure why we're saying one suffering will outweigh another, that's not helpful.

5 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

I think the abiding memory I'll have from this pandemic (sic) is of that socially distanced funeral where all the chairs are 2 metres apart, and the dead fella's sons move their chairs to comfort their weeping mother, only to get scolded by some jobsworth crematorium cunt. There's not a circle of Hell hot enough for these little Hitlers, and they've been loving this, absolutely loving it.

• Downvote 1