You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

13 minutes ago, CapeRed said:

I would imagine that if catching this vaccine ,when unvaccinated, meant you were 100 percent going to croak then the number of people who think it is against their personal freedom would reduce drastically.

Clearly, likewise if everybody know they were going to suffer a vaccine injury, nobody would take it.

The obvious situation is that there is a trade off. If I was a much younger man than I am, I wouldn't take it, because the risk reward doesn't stack up.

• Upvote 1

Of those not taking the vaccine, are you ok with the morass of other bad stuff you are accumulating in your body on a daily basis or do you try to avoid all of those as well? Just eating organic broccoli and brown rice are we?

Getting sick of the unvaccinated who are occupying a significant chunk of the Trust's beds with avoidable Covid.

Black alerts getting called every day early on, endless calls for pushes to discharge (I think the notion of convalescence is getting seriously eroded), staff worn down by the workload and backlogs, cancelled operations and hold ups in pathways, abuse and anger from the public at a perceived lack of action on their care. There was always parts of this prior to the pandemic it just feels nth degree now, so much so it's become normalised.

I run the national dataset for some patient sub-groups, trying not to get into IG issues here, but this is the vaccination status of the last 35 people who have been admitted to hospital.

94182522_vaccinestatus.PNG.096b335835c40f364c5406294c1e2cb4.PNG

Hmm...

• Upvote 9

3 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

Clearly, likewise if everybody know they were going to suffer a vaccine injury, nobody would take it.

The obvious situation is that there is a trade off. If I was a much younger man than I am, I wouldn't take it, because the risk reward doesn't stack up.

I think the risk from the vaccine is a lot lower than the risk from the virus. My boss lost a good  mate who was in his late 30's and did iron man triathlons. Its a cunt of a virus.

3 minutes ago, Moctezuma said:

Of those not taking the vaccine, are you ok with the morass of other bad stuff you are accumulating in your body on a daily basis or do you try to avoid all of those as well? Just eating organic broccoli and brown rice are we?

Getting sick of the unvaccinated who are occupying a significant chunk of the Trust's beds with avoidable Covid.

Black alerts getting called every day early on, endless calls for pushes to discharge (I think the notion of convalescence is getting seriously eroded), staff worn down by the workload and backlogs, cancelled operations and hold ups in pathways, abuse and anger from the public at a perceived lack of action on their care. There was always parts of this prior to the pandemic it just feels nth degree now, so much so it's become normalised.

I run the national dataset for some patient sub-groups, trying not to get into IG issues here, but this is the vaccination status of the last 35 people who have been admitted to hospital.

94182522_vaccinestatus.PNG.096b335835c40f364c5406294c1e2cb4.PNG

Hmm...

Yeah but what about their freedom to choose!

3 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

Most studies now showing that prior infection is a better protection than a vaccine. I've had the vaccine, but if I was your son, I wouldn't have it.

I don't agree.

There are people who have caught it more than once and been hospitalised or died.

When you have young children it is your duty to them to take whatever steps are necessary to ensure that you can look after them to the best of your ability.

Something you can't do in those circumstances.

13 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

When it’s effecting the health service and potentially costing peoples lives it is. I see you deleted that bit when you replied. 

Oh, it is his business.  Silly me.  Okay, well last night I had a lamb steak with mashed potato, turnips and carrots.

Today I've had two rashers of bacon, a fried egg, one fried slice, a vegetable samosa, a can of Diet Coke and a "Grab Bag" of cheese & onion McCoys.  

2 minutes ago, Pureblood said:

Oh, it is his business.  Silly me.  Okay, well last night I had a lamb steak with mashed potato, turnips and carrots.

Today I've had two rashers of bacon, a fried egg, one fried slice, a vegetable samosa, a can of Diet Coke and a "Grab Bag" of cheese & onion McCoys.  

Turnip nonce 

18 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

Not if you're 18 though.

What is the risk of serious side effects or death from vaccination versus serious case or death from Covid for 18-year olds? Genuine question. I know there were various recommendations regarding what vaccine to take, but I don't remember actual numbers, now that vaccines have been out for about a year.

13 minutes ago, SasaS said:

What is the risk of serious side effects or death from vaccination versus serious case or death from Covid for 18-year olds? Genuine question. I know there were various recommendations regarding what vaccine to take, but I don't remember actual numbers, now that vaccines have been out for about a year.

I don't have the exact numbers, but the JCVI make the decision based on the good of society, not the good of the individual. If I'm 18 I'd be loath to take a vaccine where the benefits were in the balance in order to save a 98 year old. Is that selfish?

1 minute ago, Spy Bee said:

I don't have the exact numbers, but the JCVI make the decision based on the good of society, not the good of the individual. If I'm 18 I'd be loath to take a vaccine where the benefits were in the balance in order to save a 98 year old. Is that selfish?

Yes 

Yeah let's force vaccines on people that have no long term health info.

Some of you are fine with setting a precedent that could be a complete disaster for all of us. You might be fine with it now, but once that line is crossed we could all be fucked.

Imagine being in the US now and being fine with mandates because you've had your jab. You think others are being "selfish" and the mandate starts up. The chaos begins and after it's passed you think those that had mandates forced on them were idiots but you're glad they "got the jab."

Then several years later the Dems fuck things up once again and Trump returns. A new virus starts going around the world, but this time, most of us don't agree it's that serious at all. There's hardly any arguments about this virus, not like there is now. Most people think it's completely stupid that governments are freaking out at all and it's widely believed that there's some other motive behind it.

But big pharma, Trump, the FDA, the CDC and other governments around the world all agree that it's really serious. And the media start up their propaganda, and before you know it, Trump decides it's time to mandate a new vaccine that he's had rushed out at a stupidly fast speed.

And people are going to need boosters every few months as well.

Then other governments around the world quickly agree to the same mandates.

And the left goes crazy. Trump has definitely gone full Nazi this time they say. But it's too late, they agreed to the mandate years back, they set the precedent. And now they're going to have to get the jab whether they like it or not along with everyone else.

And then a few years later it turns out that the entire vaccine has been a complete shambles and people are having long term side effects. The Trump admin had it rushed out way too fast so that Trump could look good and improve his ratings but they didn't cover all of even the most basic health tests. People are out in the streets rioting, Trump sends out the troops to calm things down, things spiral even more out of control. The process starts repeating in other countries around the world, health professionals are scrambling to deal with more people turning up in hospitals with the long term side effects, protesters and rioters are branded as terrorists, nobody has any idea of where the end of the madness will be.

But you agreed to it years back, you helped set the precedent. And the result years later is a complete nightmare.

Doesn't sound so good now does it?

The entire point is that if you agree to it now, you might not agree at all with who's doing this later on, and why they're doing it. It's one of the most dangerous and reckless things we could possibly do. Not just for us, but also for future generations.

Some of us whilst still being unvaccinated are seriously concerned about the path this sets us on, along with some of vaccinated that also share the same concerns, it's not just about being "selfish."

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

It depends on what the actual risk is. If the risk is minimal and offset already by the benefits to you (you never know what might happen even if you are 18) and you are saving the 98-year old (and presumably about 20 percent of the population who are knowingly at risk, plus indefinite number who might be), and there is a health crisis emergency in which the society expects its members to show a degree of solidarity, it would appear so.