You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

7 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I thought your link referred to Scotland (below)?  Surely the data is only useful if you understand the level of observance in both areas? So for instance I'm in London a lot and people on the tube are still broadly speaking using masks - while that's not English law (although I think transport for London say it's compulsory), it certainly skews figures on the English side of the boarder. 

Screenshot_20211129-125500.jpg

Yeah, my bad, I thought the quote referred to both countries. I'd imagine compliance is similar in Scotland. 

3 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

It isn't.

In my experience it is. It's not 100%, but it's high.

2 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Because they reduce transmission. And because if you get covid without a vaccine you are more likely to require a hospital bed, causing other knock on effects in the NHS. 

Not just a hosoital bed but in many cases an ICU bed.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, CapeRed said:

No offence taken but I dont agree on it being fascist. I chose to get vaccinated to protect me and also in the hope of slowing down the spread of the virus. People out there talking about it being against their personal freedom are, again IMO, being a tad selfish.

In the middle of a pandemic that has already killed millions and has the potential to kill millions more, to refuse the vaccine is stupidity itself.

I say this because my lad, who had Covid last year and now thinks he's invincible is one of these idiots as well as my daughter's husband.

I've stuck two fingers up to people telling me what to do all my life, but under these circumstances, it's madness not to listen to the recommendations of those who actually know what they're talking about and not be a Lemming following those who don't.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Harry's Lad said:

I say this because my lad, who had Covid last year and now thinks he's invincible is one of these idiots as well as my daughter's husband.

Most studies now showing that prior infection is a better protection than a vaccine. I've had the vaccine, but if I was your son, I wouldn't have it.

13 minutes ago, Pureblood said:

Jabbing people against their will is outright fascism. 

As a baby I received the MMR vaccine. At school I received a BCG ( if  I remember the correct name) both without anybody asking me if I wanted it. This wasnt given to me to control me or to take away my personal freedom but to prevent serious illness or death  I honestly dont get this " its against my personal freedom " thing. I think its a decent thing to do to help get the virus under control.

• Upvote 1

Just now, CapeRed said:

As a baby I received the MMR vaccine. At school I received a BCG ( if  I remember the correct name) both without anybody asking me if I wanted it. This wasnt given to me to control me or to take away my personal freedom but to prevent serious illness or death  I honestly dont get this " its against my personal freedom " thing. I think its a decent thing to do to help get the virus under control.

That's exactly what they'd program you to say.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, CapeRed said:

I know you don't get it, that's very clear.

6 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

As I say, the krankie woman yesterday suggested otherwise. But I'm sure someone like @Mook could tell us. 

Champ or someone would be better placed, I know as much about what's going on with Covid as my cats do & I'd happily never hear Sturgeon's voice again.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Pureblood said:

I know you don't get it, that's very clear.

I would imagine that if catching this vaccine ,when unvaccinated, meant you were 100 percent going to croak then the number of people who think it is against their personal freedom would reduce drastically.

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

As long as you are cool with “I think you’re a stupid selfish cunt over it, my choice” then that’s fine. 

Yes, I'm used to you categorising people, stigmatising them, demonising them, other things ending with "ing" and putting them in little boxes marked "cunt".  You do it every day.

1 minute ago, Pureblood said:

Yes, I'm used to you categorising people, stigmatising them, demonising them, other things ending with "ing" and putting them in little boxes marked "cunt".  You do it every day.

To selfish or lying cunts yep I do. “My opinion my choice” etc 

I want you to get it more because I don’t want you to die than anything else.