You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

50 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

I think that's still the case, it's up to you.  Your body.  

But having other 'rights' removed is ethically a different matter. 

As a rule, I don't let people into my house with dog-shit on their shoes.  That's just me.  

Others may say you can't use their airline without a jab.  Dunno, seems fair to me, not my rules, not my business. 

But I am very tired now of the whining coming from the back of the class.  

At least it won’t be coming from the back of the plane

34 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Lol, yes, some people are addicted to this thread and death is the only exit.  I don't know why RP continues to haunt the place.  He's got his beliefs, fine, good, presumably a strong conviction, I just don't know what he's trying to achieve here.  

RP handles himself with humility and class and doesn't hurl insults despite considerable provocation.  He brings up interesting points of discussion to give some counterbalance.  

4 minutes ago, Pureblood said:

RP handles himself with humility and class and doesn't hurl insults despite considerable provocation.  He brings up interesting points of discussion to give some counterbalance.  

No, he lingers in here hoping for some vindication one day.  And yes he is civil, but he's fundamentally scared of the vaccine, and he probably wraps himself up in theories that help him justify that, but this shouldn't be the place for that rubbish. 

Living where I live, I know about 2,500 people by virtue of this being a small and tight community.  We have one of the highest uptakes in the country.  I haven't heard of a single death or hospitalisation as a result of the vaccine. I have heard of a couple of non-vaccinated people being taken to hospital.  

8 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

No, he lingers in here hoping for some vindication one day.  And yes he is civil, but he's fundamentally scared of the vaccine, and he probably wraps himself up in theories that help him justify that, but this shouldn't be the place for that rubbish. 

Living where I live, I know about 2,500 people by virtue of this being a small and tight community.  We have one of the highest uptakes in the country.  I haven't heard of a single death or hospitalisation as a result of the vaccine. I have heard of a couple of non-vaccinated people being taken to hospital.  

There's nothing wrong with being "fundamentally scared" (by which you mean hesitant) of the vaccine. It's a reasonable view to have, shared by millions of people.

With regard to your second paragraph, most of the people dying of Covid are vaccinated purely by virtue of their age. The ONS website confirms this, as do the technical briefings periodically released by Public Health England.

The highest risk factor is age, and most of the oldies are jabbed.

7 minutes ago, Pureblood said:

Is there a graph to demonstrate this fascinating correlation?

It must feel awesome and empowering putting people in little categories, way to go Bumcunt, you show 'em. 

Lad ,do what you like.  But this shit is a case in point for the state of this thread.  

A wingnut is someone on the far-right wing or far-left wing of the political spectrum - the professional partisans, the unhinged activists and the paranoid conspiracy theorists. They're the people who always try to divide rather than unite us.

John Avlon

A tactic used by authors of virtually every single book I've ever read that propounds a conspiracy theory is to attack an agency as being part of a conspiracy, but when this same agency comes up with something favorable to the author's position, the author will cite that same agency as credible support for his argument.

Vincent Bugliosi

37 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

I find that there is a correlation between non mask wearing and anti vaccine sentiment also, so this just exacerbates the feeling further.  

I dunno , I’m jabbed and I no longer wear a mask. It really should be about personal choices. If I was young I wouldn’t have the vaccine but I’m not so I do. It should be up to the individual.

21 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/healthandsocialcare/conditionsanddiseases/articles/coronaviruscovid19latestinsights/hospitals

Positivity rates were highest in secondary school children, but hospital admissions and deaths were highest among older people

IMG-20211121-180812.jpg

On 20/11/2021 at 17:21, Captain Howdy said:

I dunno , I’m jabbed and I no longer wear a mask. It really should be about personal choices. If I was young I wouldn’t have the vaccine but I’m not so I do. It should be up to the individual.

Mask-wearing is about protecting other people, so it shouldn't be about personal choice any more than smoking in the workplace.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I can understand (although I don't agree) people not wanting to get the vaccine but refusing to wear a mask is just ridiculous and massively selfish. I'm mainly on about those twats who film themselves gong into stores/cafes etc knowing full well they have a mask rule and kicking off about it, spouting laws that don't exist or aren't relevant. It should be legal to chin the cunts when they enter your property acting like that. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 20/11/2021 at 14:26, Carvalho Diablo said:

Tomorrow it will be a year to the day that my Ma died of covid and I caught it from her.

It's been a strange and horrible and wonderful year for me in many ways, this despicable plague seems like it's with us to stay however and it just astounds me that some people still choose not to be vaccinated against it. It's just jaw dropping.

An acquaintance of mine, an ex teacher who now runs his own electronic repair shop, even came out with this : covid doesn't kill people, ventilators kill people. I was sat about 20 feet away from him at the time, across the fire pit and I very nearly killed him.

What a stupid, arrogant, crass thing to say.

What's more, neither he nor his teacher wife, nor their 2 young daughters have been vaccinated and nor will they be.

Absolute arseholes like him are a huge part of the reason that we are where we are.

My lad, his partner and my son in law all refuse point blank to get jabbed despite all the evidence of why they should.

All of them have kids. It's idiotic and downright selfish.

I despair sometimes.

• Upvote 2