You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

20 hours ago, YorkshireRed said:

Just tested positive.

I’d been feeling a little off and started coughing a bit yesterday. I wouldn’t have tested but the Client I was with this week emailed to say they’ve had a positive test from someone at the session I was in.

At the moment, I feel ok. Double jabbed as well.

Hope you feel better soon. Try not to die, your one of my favourite posters. 

Just now, AngryOfTuebrook said:

That cartoon?

Other than inadvertently revealing the way rabid idiots on the right have made an issue of public health into a Left v Right argument, it really doesn't.

Yes the cartoon. 

Seeing as we are playing whatAboutery. 

The exact same can be said about the left as well. There are enough cartoons out there. 

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

Thanks. My eldest son said the same. I was touched. The younger one dived out of my way to avoid coming within range.

A few breathing difficulties, zero energy, pains in my side but I think I’m ok. 

You sound like you should be fine. Man up for fucks sake, take it on the chin and don’t die. That’s the key for me , you not dying so my small group of decent posters is diminished. 

Just now, Captain Willard said:

You sound like you should be fine. Man up for fucks sake, take it on the chin and don’t die. That’s the key for me , you not dying so my small group of decent posters is diminished. 

This is where the GF differs from the real world. Everyone on here is a caring, sharing type. 

One of my friends has already enquired about the appropriate amount of time between my death and him making a move on the wife. 

2 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

This is where the GF differs from the real world. Everyone on here is a caring, sharing type. 

One of my friends has already enquired about the appropriate amount of time between my death and him making a move on the wife. 

Post a picture of her and the sympathy might wain a little....... 

11 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

Make sure your wife invites us and that woman in the white dress to the funeral.  Tell her it’s your dying wish that we all wear white. In my experience, the combination of heightened emotion, a few drinks and the realisation we are all mortal is a great aphrodisiac. Tell your wife I’m not free on the 24th of this month and Fridays are a bitch for me because of the traffic on the M6. Apart from that, whenever suits her,  Best to get it all sorted this afternoon whilst your still conscious. Thanks 

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, Anubis said:

They’ve robbed it off the Potterverse, not realising the Death Eaters share many Nazi traits.

On the contrary, my attitude is the liberally fair-minded one; get vaccinated if you want to, don't get vaccinated if you don't want to.  

Your attitude is the one bearing the hallmarks of authoritarian crypto-fascist bullshit; get jabbed because I say so.

Just now, Pureblood said:

On the contrary, my attitude is the liberally fair-minded one; get vaccinated if want to, don't get vaccinated if you don't want to.  

Your attitude is the one bearing the hallmarks of authoritarian crypto-fascist bullshit; get jabbed because I say so.

TK are you hanging round long enough for a draft this time? 

Tomorrow it will be a year to the day that my Ma died of covid and I caught it from her.

It's been a strange and horrible and wonderful year for me in many ways, this despicable plague seems like it's with us to stay however and it just astounds me that some people still choose not to be vaccinated against it. It's just jaw dropping.

An acquaintance of mine, an ex teacher who now runs his own electronic repair shop, even came out with this : covid doesn't kill people, ventilators kill people. I was sat about 20 feet away from him at the time, across the fire pit and I very nearly killed him.

What a stupid, arrogant, crass thing to say.

What's more, neither he nor his teacher wife, nor their 2 young daughters have been vaccinated and nor will they be.

Absolute arseholes like him are a huge part of the reason that we are where we are.

• Upvote 8

3 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Tomorrow it will be a year to the day that my Ma died of covid and I caught it from her.

It's been a strange and horrible and wonderful year for me in many ways, this despicable plague seems like it's with us to stay however and it just astounds me that some people still choose not to be vaccinated against it. It's just jaw dropping.

An acquaintance of mine, an ex teacher who now runs his own electronic repair shop, even came out with this : covid doesn't kill people, ventilators kill people. I was sat about 20 feet away from him at the time, across the fire pit and I very nearly killed him.

What a stupid, arrogant, crass thing to say.

What's more, neither he nor his teacher wife, nor their 2 young daughters have been vaccinated and nor will they be.

Absolute arseholes like him are a huge part of the reason that we are where we are.

Thinking of you mate. 

And yep you should have pulled him face first into the fire pit the prick 

1 hour ago, Pureblood said:

On the contrary, my attitude is the liberally fair-minded one; get vaccinated if you want to, don't get vaccinated if you don't want to.  

I think that's still the case, it's up to you.  Your body.  

But having other 'rights' removed is ethically a different matter. 

As a rule, I don't let people into my house with dog-shit on their shoes.  That's just me.  

Others may say you can't use their airline without a jab.  Dunno, seems fair to me, not my rules, not my business. 

But I am very tired now of the whining coming from the back of the class.  

3 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

As a rule, I don't let people into my house with dog-shit on their shoes.  That's just me.  

Others may say you can't use their airline without a jab.  Dunno, seems fair to me, not my rules, not my business. 

Facist 

2 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

With all due respect (none), you're the one looking forward to the death of other forum users on the basis that they haven't chosen to take the same medicine as you.

Maybe ask yourself if you ever felt that way prior to this pandemic and have a bit of introspection.  

11 minutes ago, Pureblood said:

With all due respect (none), you're the one looking forward to the death of other forum users on the basis that they haven't chosen to take the same medicine as you.

Maybe ask yourself if you ever felt that way prior to this pandemic and have a bit of introspection.  

Lol, yes, some people are addicted to this thread and death is the only exit.  I don't know why RP continues to haunt the place.  He's got his beliefs, fine, good, presumably a strong conviction, I just don't know what he's trying to achieve here.  

• Downvote 1