You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

12 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I don't believe your bullshit either so welcome to the club! You said it will be over by last winter, people are still dying right now from it.

Er, people are going to die from covid forever. That's never been in dispute, and has nothing to do with what I said.

If this comes down to you misunderstanding something, again, that's both hilarious and sad.

1 minute ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Er, people are going to die from covid forever. That's never been in dispute, and has nothing to do with what I said.

Well the bit where you said it will all be over proves otherwise but ok you keep shape shifting. 

I don't see these stats you keep going on about.... 

It's pathetic that some are still, almost two years later, judging the seriousness of Covid by deaths alone. 

Totally ignoring long covid, totally ignoring almost dying and the traumatic effect that can have on people, totally ignoring premature bereavement and kids losing parents etc, totally ignoring the many instances of people surviving the virus but developing other chronic, life changing cardiovascular and other health conditions as a result of contracting the virus. 

And, also ignoring the fact that their incorrect predictions of an end date for the virus appear to have been made based on a general let it rip tactic and without knowledge of the significant reduction in deaths that a vaccine would produce. 

• Upvote 5

9 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Well the bit where you said it will all be over proves otherwise but ok you keep shape shifting. 

I don't see these stats you keep going on about.... 

"Over" doesn't mean nobody dying from it, otherwise it will never be over, and that would be absurd. "Over" means over as a concern, ie if the number of people dying in the population, from all causes, are not significantly beyond what they should be.

Excess deaths stats are available at the ONS. But you must know that already, because surely nobody could speak as confidently as you do without being fully aware of them.

"Over" doesn't mean nobody dying from it, otherwise it will never be over, and that would be absurd. "Over" means over as a concern, ie if the number of people dying in the population, from all causes, are not significantly beyond what they should be.

Excess deaths stats are available at the ONS. But you must know that already, because surely nobody could speak as confidently as you do without being fully aware of them.

Absolutely shameless bullshit. It's quite admirable. Over literally would mean "over". But you know that. You were wrong. 

Aah so you can't/won't post them ..... I see what's happening here. 

And, also, most normal, not painfully arrogant people wouldn't seek to pat themselves on the back for making a very vague initial prediction and then constantly shifting the goalposts re: what their initial vague prediction actually meant. Particularly when, even after said goalpost shifting, their prediction was still massively wide of the mark...

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Absolutely shameless bullshit. It's quite admirable. Over literally would mean "over". But you know that. You were wrong. 

Aah so you can't/won't post them ..... I see what's happening here. 

So, just to be clear... are you saying it's not over until nobody's dying from covid at all?

Wow.

Here's the ONS site, which you surely must be aware of, because surely nobody would say the things you say from such a position of ignorance:

https://www.gov.uk/government/statistics/excess-mortality-in-england-weekly-reports

Just now, Strontium Dog™ said:

So, just to be clear... are you saying it's not over until nobody's dying from covid at all?

Wow.

Here's the ONS site, which you surely must be aware of, because surely nobody would say the things you say from such a position of ignorance:

https://www.gov.uk/government/statistics/excess-mortality-in-england-weekly-reports

You might want to look up what 'over' means in the dictionary. I know you'll still try and argue with the dictionary because your narcissism won't allow you to be aware how full of shit you are. 

I'm not ignorant, I just don't lie. You do. Levels. 

On 10/08/2020 at 22:44, Strontium Dog™ said:

Yep, it is indeed fucking embarrassing how the lot of you continue to fail to explain why the dozens of facts posted aren't in fact facts.

When this thing is over and done in this country by winter, and there's no second wave, how many of you will be big enough to apologise?

I mean, 'wow' 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

You might want to look up what 'over' means in the dictionary. I know you'll still try and argue with the dictionary because your narcissism won't allow you to be aware how full of shit you are. 

I'm not ignorant, I just don't lie. You do. Levels. 

I want you tell me what you consider "over" to be.

Someone who wasn't ignorant wouldn't need to be provided with links to the facts.

2 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

I want you tell me what you consider "over" to be.

Someone who wasn't ignorant wouldn't need to be provided with links to the facts.

Over as an adjective: be over. We can use be over to mean 'finished', 'at an end': … 

When you add it to "and done" it heightens the expectation of it being completely done and dusted. You've lost, stop grifting. 

What do you consider 'over' to mean?

*awaits more laughable bollocks* 

Not sure Stronts has a good grasp on the excess deaths data. There are clearly two previous waves and you are now into a third.

Last week it was 12% above - meaning an additional 12 out of 100 people are dying than should be expected.

I think he did this previously as well when he tried to point out the annual expected deaths of the entire UK but didn't realise that number was covered just in England.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Over as an adjective: be over. We can use be over to mean 'finished', 'at an end': … 

When you add it to "and done" it heightens the expectation of it being completely done and dusted. You've lost, stop grifting. 

What do you consider 'over' to mean?

*awaits more laughable bollocks* 

You're just giving me dictionary definitions. That's not an answer to the question. How many deaths? How many cases?

I've aleady told you many times when I considered it to be over - when the only people dying in this country are the ones who should be dying.

You're just giving me dictionary definitions. That's not an answer to the question. How many deaths? How many cases?

I've aleady told you many times when I considered it to be over - when the only people dying in this country are the ones who should be dying.

Hahahahaha superb stuff this, truly mesmerising. 

As for the last line, you really are vile. "should be dying" absolutely heartless. 

Oh and 'already' has an r in it. 

7 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Not sure Stronts has a good grasp on the excess deaths data. There are clearly two previous waves and you are now into a third.

Last week it was 12% above - meaning an additional 12 out of 100 people are dying than should be expected.

I think he did this previously as well when he tried to point out the annual expected deaths of the entire UK but didn't realise that number was covered just in England.

I have an excellent grasp on the figures, which is why I know you're cherry-picking individual weeks rather than looking at trends. Between March and July excess deaths were below average, since then they've been slightly above average.

The overall effect is that it's basically been flat since February - you know, last winter...

I have an excellent grasp on the figures, which is why I know you're cherry-picking individual weeks rather than looking at trends. Between March and July excess deaths were below average, since then they've been slightly above average.

It's basically been flat since February - you know, last winter...

It literally hasn't. 

factsforjewhaters.png.04e5b3aa6332d12337a02a2ccd814ce7.png

Happy to help.

Yeah I like the bit where it's literally not flat at all or have you decided to change the actual definition of 'flat' today as well?  Susie Bent.

Fuck me this is great stuff. Keep going. 

4 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

The overall effect is that it's basically been flat since February - you know, last winter...

They are every year, unfortunately you cannot make any statment until next February because that is how excess deaths work.

To suggest someone is "cherry picking" certain weeks and then use March to September as any sort of data set is imbecilic.