Jump to content
Bjornebye

Coronavirus

Recommended Posts

Vaccine isn't supposed to prevent people getting covid, it's supposed to prevent people dying. Which it has been doing, which is why we haven't had any meaningful excess mortality since February.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheHowieLama said:

Pfizer and BioNTech announced on Thursday that a booster shot of their coronavirus vaccine restores full protection against COVID-19.

The companies said that a late-stage clinical trial found that the booster was 95.6 percent effective against symptomatic COVID-19. 

The efficacy results are the first from any randomized, controlled trial of a COVID-19 booster, they said. 

The trial followed 10,000 individuals ages 16 and older who were given either a booster dose or placebo on average 11 months after completing the initial two doses of the vaccine.

During the study period, only five cases of COVID-19 were seen in the booster group, while 109 were seen in those who had not been given the booster. 

 

Imagine being injected with the placebo and then dying of the virus. You'd be fucking furious!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

Imagine being injected with the placebo and then dying of the virus. You'd be fucking furious!

Pure Mourning for the family.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

Imagine being injected with the placebo and then dying of the virus. You'd be fucking furious!

Imagine being selfless enough to volunteer for a medical trial, for the results to prove the vaccine works and then for morons to not take it? 

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Correct About Adrian & Face Masks said:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8481107/

 

At the country-level, there appears to be no discernable relationship between percentage of population fully vaccinated and new COVID-19 cases in the last 7 days (Fig. 1). In fact, the trend line suggests a marginally positive association such that countries with higher percentage of population fully vaccinated have higher COVID-19 cases per 1 million people. 

How is that even possible? If you look at death numbers in Europe, correlation seems almost absolute. It is not only "discernable", it stares you in the face. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, SasaS said:

How is that even possible? If you look at death numbers in Europe, correlation seems almost absolute. It is not only "discernable", it stares you in the face. 

I suspect the devil is in the detail.

 

EDIT: This is cases. Countries with high vaccination levels probably have (rightly) quite a lot of people who are overly scared of Covid and are acting in line with that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

52000 new cases today, over 50k for the first time since July! Start plan B you Tory cunts!

Plan B not working in Wales though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Correct About Adrian & Face Masks said:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8481107/

 

At the country-level, there appears to be no discernable relationship between percentage of population fully vaccinated and new COVID-19 cases in the last 7 days (Fig. 1). In fact, the trend line suggests a marginally positive association such that countries with higher percentage of population fully vaccinated have higher COVID-19 cases per 1 million people. 

Get your shots.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some tory cunt was ripping into 'highly paid'doctors on radio 4 before for spreading panic.

A Tory ripping into a profession who literally save lives on a daily basis  

The people of this country need their fucking heads testing.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

Some tory cunt was ripping into 'highly paid'doctors on radio 4 before for spreading panic.

A Tory ripping into a profession who literally save lives on a daily basis  

The people of this country need their fucking heads testing.

I've noticed in the last few days there have been more 'the NHS let me down' type stories appearing on various media sources. Now that they think they're on the arse end of the pandemic they can get on with privatising the health service fully.

 

Anything for a few lousy bob!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

Some tory cunt was ripping into 'highly paid'doctors on radio 4 before for spreading panic.

A Tory ripping into a profession who literally save lives on a daily basis  

The people of this country need their fucking heads testing.

Didn't an MP spread fuel panic buying? They're just nasty. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

I've noticed in the last few days there have been more 'the NHS let me down' type stories appearing on various media sources. Now that they think they're on the arse end of the pandemic they can get on with privatising the health service fully.

 

Anything for a few lousy bob!

 

The word is overused these days but this particular Tory administration specialise in gasslighting.

 

Basically they're thick as fuck, I mean genuinely thick as fuck, the likes of Raab and Patel especially, they're stellar overachievers, and if you've ever dealt with anyone like that in a job you'll know they specialise in deflecting blame.

 

They're constantly terrified of losing what they've got, and rather than excel they get by by undermining others, ganging up with other simpletons and never, ever, accepting the blame. It's an absolute snake pit up there.

 

It will never be their fault, there will always be a scapegoat. The migrant, the French navy, the lorry drivers union, the BMA, the teachers. It'll never be them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I read somewhere the other day that, as things stand, most of Europe is adopting a "we need to learn to live with Covid" approach while the UK goes down the "we need to learn to ignore Covid" route. 

 

And it's true. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×