You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

2 hours ago, Jennings said:

Unbelievably 'Hindsight' is trending as a result of this report. Are people so stupid they can't remember the warnings we had? This was only last year, not a lifetime ago.

This is on the PM.

image.png

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/oct/12/covid-response-one-of-uks-worst-ever-public-health-failures?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Most of the front pages, even the likes of the mail,has slammed the gmnts response.

The bbc has meanwhile decided to focus on what a success the vaccine roll out was.

37 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

Most of the front pages, even the likes of the mail,has slammed the gmnts response.

The bbc has meanwhile decided to focus on what a success the vaccine roll out was.

?

This is the current BBC front page

Screenshot_20211012-112427_Chrome.jpg

26 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

?

26 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

?

And?

Fairly sure I didnt say they didnt cover it but I stand to be corrected?

I believe What I said was they focused a lot on the success on the vaccine rollout which is mentioned in the 5th line of the report.

3 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

And?

I believe What I said was they focused a lot on the success on the vaccine rollout which is mentioned in the 5th line of the report.

Being fact checked by Stronts is beyond the pale. 

29 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

And?

Evidently your definition of "focused" differs substantially from mine. I'd say the focus was what was contained in the headline and initial paragraphs of the article.

If one of the findings of the report is that the vaccine rollout was a success, then the article should surely cover that somewhere.

26 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Being fact checked by Stronts is beyond the pale. 

Somebody has to stand up for truth around here.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Evidently your definition of "focused" differs substantially from mine. I'd say the focus was what was contained in the headline and initial paragraphs of the article.

If one of the findings of the report is that the vaccine rollout was a success, then the article should surely cover that somewhere.

Somebody has to stand up for truth around here.

The article is substantially less critical than namy of the front pages and actually says ..covers a variety of successes and failures.

It would be interesting to read about these 'variety of successes 

When you say the truth presumably you.mean when you imply someone said something they didnt say?

6 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

The article is substantially less critical than namy of the front pages and actually says ..covers a variety of successes and failures.

It would be interesting to read about these 'variety of successes 

When you say the truth presumably you.mean when you imply someone said something they didnt say?

The BBC has a duty to be balanced in its coverage which isn't something which applies to independent news media. It's never ever going to be as savage as the Guardian or the Mirror.

You said the BBC decided to focus on the success of the vaccine roll out. That's exactly what you said, no implication required.

28 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

The BBC has a duty to be balanced in its coverage which isn't something which applies to independent news media. It's never ever going to be as savage as the Guardian or the Mirror.

You said the BBC decided to focus on the success of the vaccine roll out. That's exactly what you said, no implication required.

Strange that they've suddenly decided to honour this duty don't you think, because let's face it, balanced is hardly something that could be said of them over the last few years.

2 minutes ago, Harry's Lad said:

Strange that they've suddenly decided to honour this duty don't you think, because let's face it, balanced is hardly something that could be said of them over the last few years.

Well, this is an accusation that is frequently aimed at them from both left and right, which tells its own story.

Just now, Strontium Dog™ said:

Well, this is an accusation that is frequently aimed at them from both left and right, which tells its own story.

Judging by their performance over the last few years with Kuenssberg in particular, it's blatantly obvious where their allegiances lie.

1 hour ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Like I said I'd be interested to hear their list of 'variety of successes 'along with the vaccine, when staked up against an 18 month utter clusterfuck of disasters.

I get the balance bit..their political reporter is about as impartial as they come.

5 live

Tory comes on and Blames the science and says johnson followed it every step of the way.

Obviously this goes unchallenged.

Labour mp comes amd and says johnson needs to answer questions and is accused of  making political capital 

That's balance for you.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

@Red Phoenix Why do you care so much about current affairs in the USA, mate?

Because I'm from the USA. I live in the 51st State, the UK.

Mainly because of Biden's mandate and the reaction to it as it starts to kick in. Also because of the influence they have over so many other parts of the world though, it's why I've often in the past been familiar with political stuff over there whilst having next to no clue about what's been happening elsewhere.

2 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

Because I'm from the USA. I live in the 51st State, the UK.

Mainly because of Biden's mandate and the reaction to it as it starts to kick in. Also because of the influence they have over so many other parts of the world though, it's why I've often in the past been familiar with political stuff over there whilst having next to no clue about what's been happening elsewhere.

I can't recall but what did you think of Trump? 

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

I can't recall but what did you think of Trump? 

That he was almost completely insane but also good at showing parts of the media and establishment up for the idiots that they are. I tend to focus more on Dems that I think are frauds than Republicans though because so much of what they do seems to be more accepted than it should be.

When it comes to Trump he had a huge thread here that was regularly posted in and that's currently at page 583, so I didn't really feel the need to add much. It was obvious how mad he was and it was daily news.