You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

1 hour ago, Pistonbroke said:

The eldest lad and my self also had a bout of the shits, yet we were all eating the same stuff, so maybe's just another bug we've picked up. It is that time of the year anyway, plus certain pollen is in the air which leads to a lot of issues. I never suffered due to pollen related issues until a few years back, just after the fuckers planted these new trees near to where we live and it turns out I'm allergic to the fucking things. 

One last thing mate. With the dry throat and nose it kind of made breathing a bit uncomfortable, especially at night, it was also like a burning sensation in the nose, ring any bells? 

I actually have the burning nose sensation and my nose keeps getting stuffy.  Have had a weird chest for about 3-4 days.  It feels like that sensation you get when you have a cigerette having never smoked before and you've just took your first pull or smoking one fag every 5 years when your pissed.  I have a dry cough as well though have had that since January.  Throats a bit shit as well.

Guest Pistonbroke
19 minutes ago, J-V said:

I actually have the burning nose sensation and my nose keeps getting stuffy.  Have had a weird chest for about 3-4 days.  It feels like that sensation you get when you have a cigerette having never smoked before and you've just took your first pull or smoking one fag every 5 years when your pissed.  I have a dry cough as well though have had that since January.  Throats a bit shit as well.

Similar to us then, although none of us have had any chest pains. If we have got it, then hopefully it's the mild case and our immune system is kicking in mate. The figures where I live are rising dramatically for those in quarantine, nearly a 1000 now, 57 confirmed cases with 28 tests outstanding, plus God knows how many people walking around who have it but can't get a test done because they don't have a fever to go with all the other symptoms. Nobody has died yet, so that's good. 

Branson is a twat and I should've considered that before I signed up to Virgin mobile, but they've just give me unlimited calls and an extra 10gb of data on top of my usual allowance as they recognise that it's important to stay in touch with people and have sufficient data for streaming if self isolating. I presume they've done this for all customers. 

4 minutes ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

The stupid cunts doing this just won’t care. Apparently there’s a video doing the rounds on Twitter of some bloke proudly doing a walk through of his house and all the things he’s got stockpiled there.

However, I blame the supermarkets who needed to act much more quickly, but didn’t because they were too busy going kerching! at the money coming in.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Branson is a twat and I should've considered that before I signed up to Virgin mobile, but they've just give me unlimited calls and an extra 10gb of data on top of my usual allowance as they recognise that it's important to stay in touch with people and have sufficient data for streaming if self isolating. I presume they've done this for all customers. 

In other words,  he's afraid of large amount of cancelations. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Anubis said:

The stupid cunts doing this just won’t care. Apparently there’s a video doing the rounds on Twitter of some bloke proudly doing a walk through of his house and all the things he’s got stockpiled there.

However, I blame the supermarkets who needed to act much more quickly, but didn’t because they were too busy going kerching! at the money coming in.

I get where your coming from but who polices the situation that has the very real possibility of turning very nasty. Who protects their staff trying to impose rationing of products ?

14 minutes ago, Anubis said:

This is not an exaggeration but it has become a bit of a badge of honour for some in the Bengali community in East London, these are the only videos I’ve seen and I’m sure there are plenty of others from different groups before anybody chirps up, whereby they pride themselves on how ‘well’ they have done and how ‘prepared’ they are. 

I’ve seen five or six now through Bengali friends and these are just the popular, well shared ones.

Some people are just cunts.

1 minute ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

I get where your coming from but who polices the situation that has the very real possibility of turning very nasty. Who protects their staff trying to impose rationing of products ?

The same folks who police people walking out with stuff without paying.

1 minute ago, TheHowieLama said:

The same folks who police people walking out with stuff without paying.

Nar, there's a world of difference between stopping some cunts who chance a bit of shop lifting and an unruly mob in a survival of the fittest rampage mode.

Yeah, let lump the responsibility of keeping law and order on some poor cunt earning minimum wage on a zero hours contract.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

Nar, there's a world of difference between stopping some cunts who chance a bit of shop lifting and an unruly mob in a survival of the fittest rampage mode.

Yeah, let lump the responsibility of keeping law and order on some poor cunt earning minimum wage on a zero hours contract.

Bit of a mob rule would be in effect by then.

If you and I, and 15 others saw one fella with a basket full and WE were all in survival mode what would happen?

10 minutes ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

They are not that unruly and in a survival of the fittest mode if they are cueing to pay.

9 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Bit of a mob rule would be in effect by then.

If you and I, and 15 others saw one fella with a basket full and WE were all in survival mode what would happen?

The point I'm trying to make is, it's all well and good saying the supermarkets should impose buying restrictions or rationing. And for clarity, I think they should. But I think it would be naive to expect the great British public to pull together in some sort of of WWII spirit and self police ourselves.  

• Upvote 1

The government appears to have taken the unusual decision to run a mañana culture. I’ve no doubt ministers and civil servants are working flat out on solutions to the coronavirus crisis, but so far they don’t appear to have a great deal to show for their efforts. It’s as though everyone is looking at someone else to come up with the ideas. Other countries, such as Denmark and New Zealand, that were four weeks behind us in reporting their first cases, are now streets ahead of us in their health and financial bailout preparations. The UK motto appears to be “keep calm and muddle on”. Something may turn up. Though it probably won’t.

t’s not just Boris Johnson’s fundamental lack of plausibility that is the problem. At Thursday evening’s daily Downing Street press conference, he seemed to have totally lost the plot. After a few days of trying to do “serious face” he had reverted to his default end-of-the-pier-show act; the Archie Rice who could no longer even entertain himself. Back were all the familiar smirks, knowing nods and third-rate gags. He sounded tonally deaf, totally at odds with the mood of the nation. When the country wants a man of substance, we get a man of straw.

Coronavirus was back to being some kind of comic-book super-villain. We’d give it a good smack on the nose, dig deep for 12 weeks, and then everything would be more or less back to normal. First we take coronavirus, then we take Brexit. Both were things that could be “got done”. It’s not even as if Boris intentionally means to be glib. He’s desperate to be seen as a great leader. It’s just that he’s fundamentally psychologically flawed. He genuinely can’t bear anything that is too real or too meaningful as it exposes his narcissistic wound that can never heal. So he has to deflect, make light, minimise. Anything but empathy. That costs him far too much.

What most of us wouldn’t give for a Gordon Brown or a John Major right now. Or even a Theresa May. Words I thought I’d never write. At least there was an integrity to her incompetence. You could trust her to do the wrong thing for the right reason. It’s the rest of the cabinet too, almost all of whom can be trusted to fall to the occasion.

Take Gavin Williamson’s decision – some might argue a touch late – to close all schools in England at the weekend. Now it’s not as if this can have taken the country’s favourite fireplace salesman by surprise. He’s had a good six weeks to prepare for an event that everyone but him knew would sooner or later be inevitable. Yet at last night’s Downing Street press conference, he was seemingly blindsided by some of the most obvious questions, such as the details of how children of key workers would remain in school – which members of staff would be the designated teachers – and even what jobs qualified as key worker status. Gav, you had one job. One job.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/mar/19/what-we-wouldnt-give-for-a-gordon-brown-or-john-major-right-now

We desperately needed a statesman, and we have Boris. Shit!

• Upvote 4