You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

4 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Although deaths are about 50 a day in Spain, Italy and France, while they're about 150-200 a day in the UK, so presumably even taking into account the extra testing something is making things worse.

How are the numbers calculated on the continent though. Ours seem to be ridiculously vague, do they calculate them the same way? I genuinely don’t know.

Just now, Captain Howdy said:

How are the numbers calculated on the continent though. Ours seem to be ridiculously vague, do they calculate them the same way? I genuinely don’t know.

I'm not sure either, to be honest. I was going off the World Meters numbers but obviously they only publish what they're told.

1 minute ago, Captain Howdy said:

Every country measures them differently. The only truly comparable figure is excess mortality. In Spain, the most recent week for which there is data (Aug 29), excess mortality was 9%. In the UK, excess mortality in the week ending Aug 27 was... 9%. 

17 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Every country measures them differently. The only truly comparable figure is excess mortality. In Spain, the most recent week for which there is data (Aug 29), excess mortality was 9%. In the UK, excess mortality in the week ending Aug 27 was... 9%. 

Some cold that. 

32 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Gizza the year totals Guv.

54 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

What prompted you to use your time to find out the excess deaths in Spain?

hahahaha .... we all know. If you want the reality though, go and check for yourself. 

Still not sure why we're testing for Covid though. It was over last winter. Just got my Black Death test through the door god I hope it's a negative. 

14 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Convenient. 

Who's it supposed to be convenient for? It has literally no bearing on any point I've made.

12 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Still not sure why we're testing for Covid though. It was over last winter.

As you can see from the graph above showing negligible excess deaths since February (and negative excess deaths between March and June).

3 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Who's it supposed to be convenient for? It has literally no bearing on any point I've made.

As you can see from the graph above showing negligible excess deaths since February (and negative excess deaths between March and June).

Just admit you were wrong you fucking flea 

19 hours ago, Harry's Lad said:

Appointment booked for Covid booster on Sunday, Mrs can't have hers until the end of November as it hasn't been 6 months since her 2nd jab.

A lot of staff testing positive with Covid in the school where she works due to irresponsible dickheads  sending their kids to school when they have tested positive. 

Did you book through the NHS website? I can get the page to load after you verify your dob. 

44 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Did you book through the NHS website? I can get the page to load after you verify your dob. 

I ended up ringing my GP's surgery and they transferred me on the phone.

I think this can only be done if your GP's is an actual vaccination centre though.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

I booked through the NHS site and it worked fine. Is it over six months since your second jab?

6 months on Monday - so i was going to book it for the end of next week. Maybe I need to wait till Monday passes. It doesn't give me an error, it just times out like they can't service the request. 

Rumours abound that travel lists will all be scrapped internationally and vaccine reports and locally approved pre testing will be the only requirement for all international travel soon as the aviation/travel industry is on the verge of failure and they see this as the only real hope of saving it/boosting economies globally.

Fingers crossed.

16 hours ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

The negative excess deaths are against those coffins piled high into the sky from the flu in April 2020.