Jump to content
Bjornebye

Coronavirus

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

I didn't mean the "Where does it hurt" joke, that's just a bit of a crap joke, the internet has billions of them.  No harm done.  I meant that Kulvinder Kaur post.

 

Oh the list of stuff? Maybe because it seems to never end and governments keep adding new shit all the time whilst turning our world a lot closer to something out of 1984. If Pfizer and the others get their pills released and they work well enough though we might finally be able to start getting back to some type of normal reality again in the next year or so.

 

If you mean the tweet about vaccine passports I don't see what's wrong with it really. If they're ignoring natural immunity it doesn't really make any sense other than what she says I don't think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

 

Oh the list of stuff? Maybe because it seems to never end and governments keep adding new shit all the time whilst turning our world a lot closer to something out of 1984. If Pfizer and the others get their pills released and they work well enough though we might finally be able to start getting back to some type of normal reality again in the next year or so.

 

If you mean the tweet about vaccine passports I don't see what's wrong with it really. If they're ignoring natural immunity it doesn't really make any sense other than what she says I don't think.

The vaccine passports tweet.  Basically the problem with twitter, full of fatuous attention seeking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

The vaccine passports tweet.  Basically the problem with twitter, full of fatuous attention seeking.

 

Well vaccine passports don't stop the spread of the virus and people that have natural immunity don't count. Seems like a fucking stupid system to me, especially when some health care workers once classed as heroes are now left without work or money if they don't want a vaccine. So I agree with what she's saying.

 

See here for the type of madness currently taking place in the US : New York hospitals fire, suspend staff who refuse COVID vaccine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Flights from UK arriving in Dalaman now, restaurants and bars are re-opening in Dalyan.

Too late for my family to visit.

Hopefully the UK world covid police will agree with the WHO that the 3 jabs(Sinovac)Turkey gave us free will be accepted and I'm back for Crimbo.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Proposal for mandatory COVID certification in a Plan B scenario


...


At present, the NHS COVID Pass displays an individual’s COVID status on the basis of vaccine, test or natural immunity status. If mandatory certification were introduced, the NHS COVID Pass would switch so that it certified individuals based on vaccine status only.

 

 

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/proposal-for-mandatory-covid-certification-in-a-plan-b-scenario/proposal-for-mandatory-covid-certification-in-a-plan-b-scenario

 

Maybe someone at Downing Street should tell Strawhead to have a read of this :

 

It’s okay to have an incorrect scientific hypothesis. But when new data proves it wrong, you have to adapt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Red Phoenix said:

 

Well vaccine passports don't stop the spread of the virus and people that have natural immunity don't count. Seems like a fucking stupid system to me, especially when some health care workers once classed as heroes are now left without work or money if they don't want a vaccine. So I agree with what she's saying.

 

See here for the type of madness currently taking place in the US : New York hospitals fire, suspend staff who refuse COVID vaccine

Nah mate, it's deliberately simplifying something and saying stupid provocative things to be an attention seeking twat on the internet.

Vaccine passports in themselves obviously don't stop the spread of the virus but:

 

a) being vaccinated reduces the spread of the virus - because vaccinated people are less likely to spread the virus, places full of fully vaxxed people are also safer than those with non-vaxxed people.

 

b) governments (and employers) have a massive incentive to have as many people vaccinated as possible as it will reduce infections, keep hospitals, shops, schools open, and reduce the number of people getting sick, dying and overwhelming the healthcare system.  

So vaccine passports are also a bit of blackmail to get people to get vaccinated.  All in a good cause.

 

c) Also I don't think the tests that can tell if you have immunity and/or need a vaccine booster shot are fully developed and proven or validated yet.  There are a lot on the way I think.  Stand to be corrected there.

 

Healthcare workers work with the most sick and vulnerable people.  They should be vaccinated or they are more likely to pass on the virus to someone with leukaemia who will then die, for example. 

Pretty much the exact opposite of the hippocratic oath, that.  

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

Nah mate, it's deliberately simplifying something and saying stupid provocative things to be an attention seeking twat on the internet.

 

Or she's just stating what she thinks is wrong, and maybe more focused on Canada. I get that you don't agree though.

 

This guy is pointing out the same problems about not recognising immunity and says it's cost a lot of lives : https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/2021/09/15/natural-immunity-vaccine-mandate/

 

The NHS say themselves that immunity works for the NHS Covid pass :

 

with proof of natural immunity shown by a positive PCR test result for COVID-19, lasting for 180 days from the date of the positive test and following completion of the self-isolation period, which needs to be a minimum of 10 days since the positive PCR test result.

 

https://www.nhsx.nhs.uk/covid-19-response/how-to-use-the-nhs-app-to-demonstrate-your-nhs-covid-pass-in-england/

 

And PCR tests are said to be accurate :

 

The high-sensitivity PCR tests are almost 100% accurate in spotting infected people, when they are administered properly.

 

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-02661-2

 

And natural immunity is supposed to be long lasting and can be better than the vaccine, again the WaPo article I linked :

 

More than 15 studies have demonstrated the power of immunity acquired by previously having the virus. A 700,000-person study from Israel two weeks ago found that those who had experienced prior infections were 27 times less likely to get a second symptomatic covid infection than those who were vaccinated. This affirmed a June Cleveland Clinic study of health-care workers (who are often exposed to the virus), in which none who had previously tested positive for the coronavirus got reinfected. The study authors concluded that “individuals who have had SARS-CoV-2 infection are unlikely to benefit from covid-19 vaccination.” And in May, a Washington University study found that even a mild covid infection resulted in long-lasting immunity.

 

 https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/2021/09/15/natural-immunity-vaccine-mandate/

 

We're talking about governments here though aren't we? They're not that famous for doing what's best for the people and usually have their own rigid ideas of how to go about things. This could be one of those examples.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Why would you take that? It’s been through the same testing as the vaccine.  Which you said was inadequate.  

 

I didn't say anything about what I'd do, it's not even known if it'll work yet and it could be well into next year before we even have access if it does. I only linked it because I thought people here would be interested to know that there might soon be something other than the vaccine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

 

Or she's just stating what she thinks is wrong, and maybe more focused on Canada. I get that you don't agree though.

 

This guy is pointing out the same problems about not recognising immunity and says it's cost a lot of lives : https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/2021/09/15/natural-immunity-vaccine-mandate/

 

The NHS say themselves that immunity works for the NHS Covid pass :

 

 

 

 

https://www.nhsx.nhs.uk/covid-19-response/how-to-use-the-nhs-app-to-demonstrate-your-nhs-covid-pass-in-england/

 

And PCR tests are said to be accurate :

 

 

 

 

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-02661-2

 

And natural immunity is supposed to be long lasting and can be better than the vaccine, again the WaPo article I linked :

 

 

 

 

 https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/2021/09/15/natural-immunity-vaccine-mandate/

 

We're talking about governments here though aren't we? They're not that famous for doing what's best for the people and usually have their own rigid ideas of how to go about things. This could be one of those examples.

Ok, thanks. I thought the PCR test was spot on for testing for if someone has COVID.
Not so sure about testing non infected people to see if they have immunity from being previously infected.

 

I reckon there is a public health decision probably made to keep the messaging simple - get vaccinated - rather than explain too many things around potential natural immunity.

Probably too concerned that too many people would decide to not get the vaccine, but try and get COVID instead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Where’s the sense in getting something with a 2% death rate, risk of long Covid v a vaccine with, well a negligible death rate? 

AshamedQuarrelsomeLamprey-size_restricte

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jose Jones said:

Ok, thanks. I thought the PCR test was spot on for testing for if someone has COVID.
Not so sure about testing non infected people to see if they have immunity from being previously infected.

 

I reckon there is a public health decision probably made to keep the messaging simple - get vaccinated - rather than explain too many things around potential natural immunity.

Probably too concerned that too many people would decide to not get the vaccine, but try and get COVID instead.

 

I'm not sure about testing non-infected either to see if they've previously had it and how reliable that is or not. Will probably have a look later after having a break for a bit though. I can understand them making that public health decision too but for those that have already had it the problem is the pointless risk, no matter how small it is and the wasted vaccines. Then on top of that the loss of jobs that goes along with it.

 

2 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

Where’s the sense in getting something with a 2% death rate, risk of long Covid v a vaccine with, well a negligible death rate? 

 

You're again assuming I've said something I haven't.

 

I linked an extract showing how pointless it could be to have a vaccine if previously infected, I keep thinking of health workers who got it before the vaccine came out. According to some govs they've gone from hero to zero, discarded from their jobs for rightfully not wanting a vaccine that to them could be pointless.

 

The extract wasn't linked to say "look at how good natural immunity is, may as well go for that." The point is that some or most govs are ignoring natural immunity with mandatory vaccination plans.

 

Anyone with a good enough memory knows what my history in this thread is with herd immunity. I've never once suggested it and last year when we had no vaccine I repeatedly argued against it. I was pro-lockdown + school closures because I thought massive amounts of people would end up injured or dead without them.

 

I've been consistently against mandatory vaccines as well though since I saw this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Jose Jones said:

Not so sure about testing non infected people to see if they have immunity from being previously infected.

 

From what I've seen so far it's not as easy. I thought this was a good read on the subject though that could give a better understanding of it : Vaccinating people who have had covid-19: why doesn’t natural immunity count in the US?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

United Airlines will begin the process of laying off roughly 600 employees — less than 1 percent of its workforce — who refused to comply with the company's COVID-19 vaccine mandate, it announced Tuesday.

The Chicago-based airline said that 99 percent of its workforce provided proof of vaccination prior to a Monday deadline. United will move to fire those who did not seek an exemption or provide proof of vaccination, but the carrier will give them one more chance to comply with the mandate during the separation process.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

United Airlines will begin the process of laying off roughly 600 employees — less than 1 percent of its workforce — who refused to comply with the company's COVID-19 vaccine mandate, it announced Tuesday.

The Chicago-based airline said that 99 percent of its workforce provided proof of vaccination prior to a Monday deadline. United will move to fire those who did not seek an exemption or provide proof of vaccination, but the carrier will give them one more chance to comply with the mandate during the separation process.

Good.

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, stringvest said:

Three people in my immediate family have had it twice.  Natural immunity is not reliable.

Were they vaccinated?

 

Just had it a few weeks back, one rough night. Gave it to my wife, hardly anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Were they vaccinated?

 

Just had it a few weeks back, one rough night. Gave it to my wife, hardly anything.

That's how she's been describing it for years mate. 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TheHowieLama said:

Were they vaccinated?

 

Just had it a few weeks back, one rough night. Gave it to my wife, hardly anything.

that's nice, but has she had Covid yet?

 

But seriously, neither were vaccinated for the first bout.  My wife had been vaccinated once with when she contracted Covid again. 

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, stringvest said:

that's nice, but has she had Covid yet?

 

But seriously, neither were vaccinated for the first bout.  My wife had been vaccinated once with when she contracted Covid again. 

 

 

On a doublejab? What about the other two?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×