You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

3 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

No, I’m not obsessed with it.  I’m fascinated in how a bunch of tinfoil hat wearing morons have hitched their wagon to a treatment that’s been pushed by charlatans and grifters and despite all the evidence still hold onto the idea it’ll work.  If a single one of the studies into the vaccine had been fraudulent it would have stopped it dead. This stuff is flying off the shelves. 

As you may be aware I’m fascinated by conspiracy theory nutters like you.  

I don’t know about that. You are the one that keeps bringing it up when nobody else does. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Rico1304 said:

No, I’m not obsessed with it.  I’m fascinated in how a bunch of tinfoil hat wearing morons have hitched their wagon to a treatment that’s been pushed by charlatans and grifters and despite all the evidence still hold onto the idea it’ll work.  If a single one of the studies into the vaccine had been fraudulent it would have stopped it dead. This stuff is flying off the shelves. 

As you may be aware I’m fascinated by conspiracy theory nutters like you.  

Haha, like I tried to point out not long back there's fraudulent studies on all types of things. And when you have people like health nerd going at something he can spend all day pointing out the faults, but I doubt he applies the same standards to other things. I'm sure he could spend the rest of the year going on about dodgy roundup studies if he wanted to but he won't.

1 minute ago, Red Phoenix said:

Haha, like I tried to point out not long back there's fraudulent studies on all types of things. And when you have people like health nerd going at something he can spend all day pointing out the faults, but I doubt he applies the same standards to other things. I'm sure he could spend the rest of the year going on about dodgy roundup studies if he wanted to but he won't.

Did you read the article? 

Just now, Rico1304 said:

Did you read the article? 

Nope. I don't need him to tell me that there's dodgy ivermectin studies. I don't understand half of the scientific stuff he says either so I've no idea how much bias he's putting into it. You can bet that there's plenty of people that do know though and could argue against him point by point on some of it.

It won't mean there's no dodgy studies left but I doubt it's going to be as bad as he makes out. The media will happily believe him though I think.

Just now, Bruce Spanner said:

Not quite as the NHS provide a lot of help and support, as do schools and councils etc, so the spend is much bigger, but not fully quantifiable.

But it's a fuckload of money with a lot of waste.

I just plucked the PHE budget as I said NHS.  Whatever the number it’s not the billions I first stated.  

1 minute ago, Red Phoenix said:

Nope. I don't need him to tell me that there's dodgy ivermectin studies. I don't understand half of the scientific stuff he says either so I've no idea how much bias he's putting into it. You can bet that there's plenty of people that do know though and could argue against him point by point on some of it.

It won't mean there's no dodgy studies left but I doubt it's going to be as bad as he makes out. The media will happily believe him though I think.

Read the article.  

3 hours ago, Red Phoenix said:

Another thing to go along with vaccines could be better preparedness for this type of thing too with our general health/early treatment. I don't think it'd be too hard for the govs around the world to agree that certain food types, vitamins/minerals/supplements can make our immune systems work better for instance, so we can handle things like this without as many people ending up in hospital and/or dying.

You won't take the vaccine at a point where millions of people have died from a virus and it's been shown to work.

In what world would you have taken a government prescribed supplement or upped your intake of specific vegetables and not been on here saying it's part of a social conditioning program run by Big Vitamin or the Greengrocers Lobby.

Vaccines have been proven to work throughout the last century, take your vaccine kids. 

• Upvote 5

RP do me and yourself a favour and get the vaccine, the vast majority of people in the patient cohort I collect for national data sets who end up in hospital are unvaccinated. Our ITU colleagues state that the people they are seeing are normally unvaccinated or have significant immunosuppressive complications i.e. Renal transplant or CLL.

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

You won't take the vaccine at a point where millions of people have died from a virus and it's been shown to work.

In what world would you have taken a government prescribed supplement or upped your intake of specific vegetables and not been on here saying it's part of a social conditioning program run by Big Vitamin or the Greengrocers Lobby.

Vaccines have been proven to work throughout the last century, take your vaccine kids.

I'm not talking about me, I'm talking about the governments lack of advice that could've saved lives. It's ok saying take your vaccine kids but for a good while we didn't have one and a lot of people ended up dying. The gov could've helped in other ways, just like they could be doing now at the same time as recommending the vaccine.

3 minutes ago, Moctezuma said:

RP do me and yourself a favour and get the vaccine, the vast majority of people in the patient cohort I collect for national data sets who end up in hospital are unvaccinated. Our ITU colleagues state that the people they are seeing are normally unvaccinated or have significant immunosuppressive complications i.e. Renal transplant or CLL.

I'm not getting the vaccine for my own health reasons, thanks for the concern though. I'm also not going back on to this, I started talking about government mishandling of the pandemic and authoritarianism and it's now focused on me and vaccines which is kind of avoiding what I was here talking about. So I'll leave the thread again for a while.

40 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Read the article.  

I tried reading it and he's going on about fraud, then says to read parts 1, 2 and 3. I don't trust the guy but know he's not completely wrong either and that there's some fraud going on. This could actually be referring to him as well but I'm not sure because they've avoided naming for some reason : https://ivmmeta.com/#tp

Time to go and research big vitamin and the greengrocers lobby I think.

2 hours ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

I am asking if you do. Your tone suggests you do. 

No. I’m pointing out what appears to be happening, a response to protests not as uncommon as was being suggested. It’s not like rubber bullets is a new thing. 

9 minutes ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

Rubber bullets shouldn’t be used. Glad you don’t condone their use. 

Only a psycho would. 

Anti vaxxers should not be marching en masse when a virus that’s killed 4 million people is still spreading. I’m sure you agree ? 

14 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

I'm not talking about me

I'm using you as an amalgamation of all vaccine hesitant people (as opposed to anti vax/covid deniers which I don't think you are).

Improving the general health of a population will always help especially with things like diabetes and heart health, but it won't stop people getting sick, and it won't stop people dying so you still need vaccines and medicine to combat it and you still need people to do there part in taking it to protect those who genuinely can't.

I've had COVID, it sucked but I was one of the lucky ones who didn't have to go to hospital and I'd take a jab every week if it meant I didn't get it again, but no amount of broccoli would have fixed it.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

Only a psycho would. 

Anti vaxxers should not be marching en masse when a virus that’s killed 4 million people is still spreading. I’m sure you agree ? 

It’s their right to protest (I may not agree with their reason or stance) and I’ll defend that right. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

It’s their right to protest (I may not agree with their reason or stance) and I’ll defend that right. 

Aah right. I defend the right to protest.

Just so you know, covid has killed far more people than rubber bullets ever have. 

There are restrictions on rights to protest for a variety of reasons. Abortion protesters being banned from gathering outside a clinic in London is just one example I can think of. 

Obviously how you should police these bans is up for debate. 

https://amp.theguardian.com/law/2019/aug/21/council-ban-on-protests-outside-abortion-clinic-upheld-by-court-of-appeal

No excuses for this though. Absolutely disgusting. 

https://www.news.com.au/national/victoria/video-emerges-of-cop-throwing-man-headfirst-into-the-ground-in-melbourne/news-story/a9b73be96d8ab5615f186db867de2262

19 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

There are restrictions on rights to protest for a variety of reasons. Abortion protesters being banned from gathering outside a clinic in London is just one example I can think of. 

Obviously how you should police these bans is up for debate. 

https://amp.theguardian.com/law/2019/aug/21/council-ban-on-protests-outside-abortion-clinic-upheld-by-court-of-appeal

No excuses for this though. Absolutely disgusting. 

https://www.news.com.au/national/victoria/video-emerges-of-cop-throwing-man-headfirst-into-the-ground-in-melbourne/news-story/a9b73be96d8ab5615f186db867de2262

Utter fucking cunt