You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

2 minutes ago, Chairman Meow said:

The problem I always find is that what I probably need to do at those points is take a break and just let things slide for a short while. However, I do that and then start getting pissed off with myself for not getting things done. 

I think that one of the greatest things we can learn is how to be kind to ourselves. For some people, I guess you included, this is not so easy.

It requires work, acceptance of the bumps in the road, rather than letting them derail you. Focus on your successes, learn to value them. Even the minor ones are helping to lay a foundation for recovery.

See ‘letting things slide’ as just you taking the time to get better and stay better for longer. Not doing something today, or this week, or for however long is not a failure. It’s an investment in a better future for you and those who matter to you.

Easier to write than do but, be kind to your mind. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Chairman Meow said:

I haven't but I'll give it a try.

I've been having mental health sessions with someone from the support side at the University which have been really good and other than the Maths department they are about the only good thing I've encountered since I started there. 

Certainly it's been a lot better than the people I was sent to through work in my mid or early 20's when they told me the answer to me wanting to kill myself was just to go back to work. 

The problem I always find is that what I probably need to do at those points is take a break and just let things slide for a short while. However, I do that and then start getting pissed off with myself for not getting things done. 

Having only recently seen the evidence of one of the neighbours due to having been in peasant mode on here for ages. Even I could possibly be tempted to Bruges if they are going.

Quieting the mind has always been a problem for me. 

The best way I've ever seen it articulated is by Doug Stanhope when he gets to talking about not being able to sleep sober. Had a proper "that's exactly what mind does" moment. Even with the shit he's saying about "you're almost 40 sort your shit out kind of stuff". 

I really need to get myself back exercising and just try to suck it up for the next year till I'm done with Uni. Then I can try and get myself back on an even keel again I hope. 

Repped.

Mainly for Stanhope.

On 04/09/2021 at 11:19, Nelly-Torres said:

Oklahoma's ERs are so backed up with people overdosing on ivermectin that gunshot victims are having to wait to be treated, a doctor says

https://www.yahoo.com/news/oklahomas-ers-backed-people-overdosing-053822589.html

The story was made up, there's a thread on it here :

What a day I've had.

I'm still working from home due to this Long Covid shite, so my employer had insisted that my GP refers me to some Long Covid clinic.

I phoned my GP last Monday so he could arrange this but he's on holiday so I ended up speaking to the other doctor in the practice. He arranged for me to undergo a plethora of tests before any such referral.

9:20 I had to shuffle down to the local health center for some blood samples to be taken and for my BP to be taken.

Straight after that I had to walk to a local clinic for a chest x-ray.

After that I had to limp to the local hospital for an ECG at 1:00

Chatting on with the nurse who performed my ECG she asked me why my GP hadn't simply just asked the hospital to carry out all 3 functions because they do them all all the fucking time!

Fucking fuming, a limping sweaty mess, I've even got blisters now to add to this Long Covid shite.

My GP is a great fella but his partner in the practice is an absolute prick. It's the first time I've spoken to him in about 30 years, the last time was when he stuck his finger up my arse and I told him I wouldn't be shaking his hand.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

I'm still working from home due to this Long Covid shite, so my employer had insisted that my GP refers me to some Long Covid clinic.

Do they not believe you? If so, cunts.

Do they want you to stop WFH for no good reason? If so, cunts.

Do they have a good reason? If so, they might not be cunts. 

Is there no chance a reasonable adjustment mitigates their perceived good reason? If so, cunts.

Is everything been done with your physical and mental health their primary concern? If so, they’re not cunts.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

Do they not believe you? If so, cunts.

Do they want you to stop WFH for no good reason? If so, cunts.

Do they have a good reason? If so, they might not be cunts. 

Is there no chance a reasonable adjustment mitigates their perceived good reason? If so, cunts.

Is everything been done with your physical and mental health their primary concern? If so, they’re not cunts.

I work for the civil service and they want to stop me working from home for no good reason. Yup, they're cunts.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Breathlessness, joint pain, crushing exhaustion, shite eye sight, brain fog and inability to concentrate for long spells.

Sounds terrible. I bet you’re loving your employer prioritising getting you back in the office above decency, understanding and empathy.

Hope the symptoms ease in time. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, YorkshireRed said:

Sounds terrible. I bet you’re loving your employer prioritising getting you back in the office above decency, understanding and empathy.

Hope the symptoms ease in time. 

My immediate line manager couldn't be any better but he's getting it in the neck from the arseholes "higher up".

That's why I'm being pressurised into this Long Covid clinic, but bring it on, fuck em, I wish I was fully recovered and I've got nowt to hide.

• Upvote 5

As if this government is going to have passport vaccines up and running in a matter of months.

I can tell you now they will not be rolled out for a while. Not only have you got the issue of it being in complete contradiction with the equality act 2010, it will need to be passed through Parliament, then the Lords and then you have the issue of data protection and gdpr. Medical data is classed as special category data which means it needs even more safeguards around it and who can access it. 

How are they going to manage this? Unless they give direct access to NHS databases to confirm the passports you are seeing are genuine and not just screen shots of fake ones its a none starter. Not a chance will private companies be allowed this access just so someone can attend an event. The ICO will take the government to task on this even if they tried. 

This will get dragged through the courts left, right and centre.

Inews are running with new restrictions likely in October, with a potential lockdown over the school holidays.

How the fuck have they not got a handle on this yet?

https://inews.co.uk/news/covid-lockdown-government-plans-october-firebreak-restrictions-hospital-admissions-1185533

'The Government has drawn up plans for an October “firebreak” Covid lockdown should hospitalisations continue at their current level and threaten to overload the NHS, a senior Government scientist has told i.

The member of the Government’s Scientific Advisory Group for Emergencies (Sage) said the UK is about to enter “an extended peak” of infections and hospitalisations, which are in danger of pushing the NHS beyond breaking point and could force the Government to re-introduce restrictions over the school half term period at the end of next month.

A full lockdown is unlikely and would be a last resort, but there are a range of measures the government could introduce.'

Great to see that fascism is still alive and well in Italy.

Draghi said Italians could be obliged to get a shot, as soon as the European Medicines Agency (EMA) gives its conditional approval for four vaccines.

“The final approval from the EMA would make everything easier,” Speranza said, “but vaccines are already safe and therefore it can also be done without, as it was for healthcare staff.”

Public administration minister Renato Brunetta said that if the country does not soon reach a vaccination level of between 80% and 90%, the government “will pass a law to impose the Covid-19 vaccine on all people who are against it. A decision will be made by the end of the month.”

Italy to start offering third vaccine doses to 'clinically vulnerable' people this month

Assuming the virus doesn't naturally become more manageable, if hospitals can't recover from the backlog and keep getting swarmed with Covid patients, Governments might have no choice but to fully mandate vaccines. 

"Personal choice" of the individual goes out the window when you can barely fit in elective surgeries for maybe many years.

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Assuming the virus doesn't naturally become more manageable, if hospitals can't recover from the backlog and keep getting swarmed with Covid patients, Governments might have no choice but to fully mandate vaccines. 

"Personal choice" of the individual goes out the window when you can barely fit in elective surgeries for maybe many years.

There's all types of ways that governments could help hospitals recover from backlog and stop them getting swarmed with covid patients, forcing experimental vaccines on entire populations should never be an option. Anyone can agree to it and not give a fuck all they want, but if they had a loved one who didn't want it and it was forced upon them, then they turned out to be one of the "unlucky" ones who ended up seriously injured or dead, they'd soon be more open to changing their views I'd guess.

Nobody should have anything forced upon them that has a chance of making them seriously ill or being killed. And if this becomes normalised it doesn't just pave the way for seriously dark shit arriving in the future, it means it's too late and it's already here.

13 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

There's all types of ways that governments could help hospitals recover from backlog and stop them getting swarmed with covid patients, forcing experimental vaccines on entire populations should never be an option. Anyone can agree to it and not give a fuck all they want, but if they had a loved one who didn't want it and it was forced upon them, then they turned out to be one of the "unlucky" ones who ended up seriously injured or dead, they'd soon be more open to changing their views I'd guess.

Nobody should have anything forced upon them that has a chance of making them seriously ill or being killed. And if this becomes normalised it doesn't just pave the way for seriously dark shit arriving in the future, it means it's too late and it's already here.

The longer time goes on, the less experimental they get and the Pfizer one is approved by the FDA. Governments are probably thinking they have no better choice. The fact that the alternative is lockdowns or antivirals that don't really work well or conspiracy stuff like Ivermectin kind of says it all.

You going to that dark place you describe is the choice here. People can look at it coldly and say mandating vaccines for most age groups is simply the best thing in a dire and complicated situation. Or you could go down the conspiracy route.

39 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

The longer time goes on, the less experimental they get and the Pfizer one is approved by the FDA. Governments are probably thinking they have no better choice. The fact that the alternative is lockdowns or antivirals that don't really work well or conspiracy stuff like Ivermectin kind of says it all.

You going to that dark place you describe is the choice here. People can look at it coldly and say mandating vaccines for most age groups is simply the best thing in a dire and complicated situation. Or you could go down the conspiracy route.

Accept forced vaccines or go down the "conspiracy route". Well when you have pfizer, the fda and governments it shouldn't be too hard I suppose. And of course ivermectin wouldn't harm their profits at all would it? Oh wait, that's conspiracy stuff too even though the media have just been caught flat out lying about it.

3 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

Accept forced vaccines or go down the "conspiracy route". Well when you have pfizer, the fda and governments it shouldn't be too hard I suppose. And of course ivermectin wouldn't harm their profits at all would it? Oh wait, that's conspiracy stuff too even though the media have just been caught flat out lying about it.

Look, this is the kind of stuff you do, so I'll just let you have it at.

• Upvote 4

49 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

Who makes ivermectin?