Bjornebye

Coronavirus

13 minutes ago, Grinch said:

It seems it depends what doctor and what day of the week you listen to them on.

We should not be ignoring 1000s of women who are reporting changes to their monthly cycle since the vaccine. Some bleeding several weeks after.  

No we should ask to get them checked out and see if this is in any ways related. Currently there is nothing to suggest it is related, except '1000's' reporting something had happened at some point, with no evidence of correlation or causation.

14 minutes ago, DJLJ said:

No we should ask to get them checked out and see if this is in any ways related. Currently there is nothing to suggest it is related, except '1000's' reporting something had happened at some point, with no evidence of correlation or causation.

‘Currently’

16 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-56901353

Well yeah, hormone imbalance causes changes to the menstrual cycle quite often because of many different things doesn't it? You've mentioned this quite a few times now, is it really as big a deal as 4 million deaths so far worldwide from a virus? 

Im sure it’s quite a big deal for them and it’s not really good enough in any way shape or form to demand they get the vaccine and then see what happens.  

24 minutes ago, Grinch said:

We should not be ignoring 1000s of women who are reporting changes to their monthly cycle since the vaccine. Some bleeding several weeks after.  

Two women (one early 30’s the other in her late 50’s) have both been diagnosed with vertigo since having the vaccine. In and out of hospital for the last two months for the younger one. 

My sister in law lost her mum late last year (not COVID related) and the Dr who treated her pushed for a third COVID test post death (after two negatives) to try and get a COVID tick in the box, because they “couldn’t be 100% sure”. All because the hospitals get more money for a COVID result. She works in the NHS. 

She’d had a fall and banged her head and caused damage to her brain. She was also a full blown alcoholic and her body gave up. 

So, it’s not all as clear as day as those pushing their agenda and fears onto everyone else make out. But you are wrong for finding these things out and managing your own life (that has fuck all impact and to do with anyone else who has had the vaccine) 

Fuck’s sake, I dropped out of this thread and that bastard fisherman Rico dragged me back in. 

Everyone is free to decide what they choose to do in life. What they do doesn’t impact me so why would what I do impact on them? Because they are scared and have become massively self righteous. 

Pity some don’t show this level of concern for society when it comes to everyday life, like homelessness, the economic that always bails out those who fuck it up or the atrocities of “War” we get involved in. This has become an idealogy. But I only see it online, the real world tells me something different. People are actually sound about it all, and nobody seems to be judging anyone. Maybe because there is less chance of someone being a stand up cunt without their keyboard. 

Who knows. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

23 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-56901353

Well yeah, hormone imbalance causes changes to the menstrual cycle quite often because of many different things doesn't it? You've mentioned this quite a few times now, is it really as big a deal as 4 million deaths so far worldwide from a virus? 

I’d ask the millions of women around the world, rather than a bloke myself. 

1 minute ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

I’d ask the millions of women around the world, rather than a bloke myself. 

I'm sure you would. 

7 minutes ago, Grinch said:

Im sure it’s quite a big deal for them and it’s not really good enough in any way shape or form to demand they get the vaccine and then see what happens.  

Yes I'm sure it is but if you asked them would they prefer to have an irregular menstrual cycle for a few months or be plugged up to an oxygen machine fighting for their life I'm pretty certain the vast majority would choose the first option. 

4 million deaths isn't a lie. 

10 minutes ago, Grinch said:

‘Currently’

Yes currently. That might or might not change. All the studies done currently suggests there is nothing to worry about, but of course this can change, which is why these should get checked out. Currently, indeed.

16 minutes ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

Pity some don’t show this level of concern for society when it comes to everyday life, like homelessness, the economic that always bails out those who fuck it up or the atrocities of “War” we get involved in. This has become an idealogy. But I only see it online, the real world tells me something different. People are actually sound about it all, and nobody seems to be judging anyone. Maybe because there is less chance of someone being a stand up cunt without their keyboard. 

Who knows. 

And you call people self-righteous for wanting others to get a vaccine that has already shown a dramatic drop in deaths from a pandemic thats killed 4 million people in less than 2 years then go and post something like that? 

Sorry mr eco warrior, peace activist, shelter provider absolute stand up guy in real life. Pure hypocrisy there Skids, you're the same as anyone you're just pushing the opposite agenda. How do you know what people who post on here are sating in real life? In a thread about coronavirus people will talk about (guess what) coronavirus. In conversations with friends, neighbours, family when the topic of coronavirus comes up I'm pretty sure people posting in this thread will say the same thing they are saying in here be it pro vax, anti-vax, making stuff up or dis-interested. The fact people are talking about it less in what you call "real life" is because the vast majority are trying to return to a normal level of existence instead of covid dominating everyday life. 

Do what you want Skids, as a human being I'd prefer you to get the jab because I believe it will make you less vulnerable to getting really ill or dying but don't expect a pat on the back when you decide against it. 

1 hour ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

A Dr had been on a podcast and had participated in the trials and his mum was a fertility expert and she’d got him to provide a sample of his jizz and said his count was down. She asked him what he’d done different and he said the only thing was the vaccine trials he had been involved in. She told him to stop participating straight away. Not me, his fully qualified expert mum

To know his count was down she would have had to been randomly checking his jizz beforehand. Also a doctor being told to stop participating in something by his mum is a bit weird.

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Grinch said:

No. We should be looking at medical evidence, assessing the risks, mitigating the risks and then carrying out the public health interventions that best balance the risks; y'know, the way scientists do.

Or do you think that scientists are ignoring evidence of harmful impacts?

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Grinch said:

Flip flopping between what is and what isn’t safe.  

This is like watching snooker in black & white and complaining that they're flip flopping about what the grey balls are worth.

3 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

No. We should be looking at medical evidence, assessing the risks, mitigating the risks and then carrying out the public health interventions that best balance the risks; y'know, the way scientists do.

Cool, once they’re done with this experiment.  I’ll be happy for my daughter to have her safe, effective vaccine.  Just like the new born ones she’s had.

1 minute ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

This is like watching snooker in black & white and complaining that they're flip flopping about what the grey balls are worth.

No it’s not.

India comes off the red list! Proof if ever that travel restrictions are based on bullshit and political motivations. What on earth can justify India of all countries being shifted to the Amber list? Does Boris watch the news?

3 minutes ago, Grinch said:

Cool, once they’re done with this experiment.  I’ll be happy for my daughter to have her safe, effective vaccine.  Just like the new born ones she’s had.

How are you going to keep her safe in the meantime? Because all the evidence says that serious side-effects are far less likely and far less severe than catching Covid.

How are you going to keep her safe in the meantime? Because all the evidence says that serious side-effects are far less likely and far less severe than catching Covid.

You can’t know this yet.  You have no idea on the long term effects of either.

2 minutes ago, Grinch said:

What evidence would convince you?  When that evidence is presented how will you decide if it’s trustworthy?

• Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, Grinch said:

No it’s not.

It is a bit. If you're looking for anything to be guaranteed 100% safe in all cases or 100% unsafe in all cases, you're looking at things completely the wrong way. 

The virus is still new and so are the vaccines. The vaccines have been tested as rigorously as any vaccines (the programmes were accelerated, but not at the expense of cutting corners). All medical interventions get continuously reviewed, so (as is happening now with the vaccines) new info comes to light to suggest that, in certain circumstances, they may be more or less effective or more or less safe than earlier evidence suggested. To interpret these sort of reviews as "flip flopping" is just daft.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Grinch said:

Death is pretty long term; I'm fairly sure I've seen evidence of that.

Death is pretty long term; I'm fairly sure I've seen evidence of that.

Luckily my girls are fit and healthy so they won’t be dying of COVID.

21 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I don’t think the scientist would be the ones withholding that sort of info. 

Lobbyists in the other hand.

Twitter nutters started a #leaveourkidsalone and it’s been hijacked by the actual kids saying ‘fuck you, I’m getting the jab’. 

• Upvote 3

48 minutes ago, Grinch said:

I know the short term effect of Covid 19 can be death. So when weighed against the possible side effects of the jab I will take my chances.

2 hours ago, Jairzinho said:

The British government wouldn't do anything like that.

The difference is if you get caught in the UK you resign your position and if a criminal offence has been commited you will be prosecuted. They have been trying to get Jacob Zuma into court for 11 years now. In the period from 2009 to 2019  59 billion Rand (3 billion quid) has been stolen through various fraud schemes with the help of government ministers. Not 1 prosecution yet and no loss of a position in spite of a.mountain of evidence. Daily maverick.co.za