Bjornebye

Coronavirus

18 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Who wears masks outside? I thought pretty much everyone doesn’t. People near you @belarus?

Or have I read that wrong and you’re surprised by the number of masks in the shop?

Yeah, I’m surprised that 90% aren’t wearing them inside shops. I thought it was maybe a skewed stat based on the fact not many wear them outside. 

I’m Midlands based now mate and I’d say at a guess it’s about 70:30 people still wearing masks in shops

1 minute ago, belarus said:

Yeah, I’m surprised that 90% aren’t wearing them inside shops. I thought it was maybe a skewed stat based on the fact not many wear them outside. 

I’m Midlands based now mate and I’d say at a guess it’s about 70:30 people still wearing masks

The few people I saw at Sainsbury’s without masks were all in the 18-30 age bracket. 

Apparently at the Tesco in town it’s a different story and everyone is throwing caution to the wind. I have to go in there twice today so I’ll see for myself. 

4 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

The few people I saw at Sainsbury’s without masks were all in the 18-30 age bracket. 

Apparently at the Tesco in town it’s a different story and everyone is throwing caution to the wind. I have to go in there twice today so I’ll see for myself. 

Yeah, it does seem to be mainly the younguns, but I’ve noticed quite a few of the indignant older gen too.

I keep hearing stuff about people not wearing masks, but then I go to the place mentioned and it seems fine. Different perceptions on things are mad

• Upvote 1

Went the pub last night, packed, not a mask in sight.  

Wee bit sheepish today, have taken a LFT, ok so far.  

Interestingly met a mate who was isolating last week because he sat next to a lad who tested positive, and shared a taxi with him, and even shared a water bottle earlier that day while golfing.  He didn't catch it though. Madness. 

49 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

Karine?

If I told you I’d had have to kill myself

58 minutes ago, Mudface said:

Camilla, Francesca, Penelope and Gwendolyn won't be happy.

But Jennifer, Alison, Phillipa, Sue don't care.

• Upvote 3

Here's his response. Turns out he's a bit naïve. That's all. I believe him. Nothing to see here.

https://brandnewtube.com/watch/piers-on-a-attempted-frame-up_ZsfkQSwXZq5Z6tx.html

On another note, I've never heard of the site that's hosting his video. Looking at the trending videos, it looks like a goldmine for nutty Covid-related conspiracy theories and theorists.

15 minutes ago, Jack the Sipper said:

Here's his response. Turns out he's a bit naïve. That's all. I believe him. Nothing to see here.

https://brandnewtube.com/watch/piers-on-a-attempted-frame-up_ZsfkQSwXZq5Z6tx.html

On another note, I've never heard of the site that's hosting his video. Looking at the trending videos, it looks like a goldmine for nutty Covid-related conspiracy theories and theorists.

Presumably they've ended up there after being booted off Youtube. Like the QAnon bellends gathering on Parler.

My sister has tested positive on Friday. She’s 55 years old been double jabbed and has no significant medical history so just feels like a bad cold. Interestingly she’s played it the safest out of our entire family. Has her food shopping delivered. Works from home. Observed the guidance very strictly.
I’ve been double jabbed. Work in a hospital. Take my daughter swimming. Go the gym. Go the shops etc.  Kids parties. Been on holiday.
Tested negative SO FAR throughout the whole event.
Positively cavalier (in comparison to her I must stress).
I wonder if there’s an argument to be had in people who shut themselves away are actually inadvertently making their immune systems less robust.
I only say this as it’s fucking nuts how she (to date) is the only one of our family to come down with it.
Probably just bad luck but you do wonder.

1 minute ago, Soft Joe said:

My sister has tested positive on Friday. She’s 55 years old been double jabbed and has no significant medical history so just feels like a bad cold. Interestingly she’s played it the safest out of our entire family. Has her food shopping delivered. Works from home. Observed the guidance very strictly.
I’ve been double jabbed. Work in a hospital. Take my daughter swimming. Go the gym. Go the shops etc.  Kids parties. Been on holiday.
Tested negative SO FAR throughout the whole event.
Positively cavalier (in comparison to her I must stress).
I wonder if there’s an argument to be had in people who shut themselves away are actually inadvertently making their immune systems less robust.
I only say this as it’s fucking nuts how she (to date) is the only one of our family to come down with it.
Probably just bad luck but you do wonder.

I think it depends what that "shutting yourself away" means. If you're avoiding human contact but getting as much sunshine as possible, exercising, eating well, etc, then your immune system is going to be better than someone sat in the boozer every night. 

I don’t drink. I’m quite fit and healthy since I gave up drink and drugs. I think working in a hospital I get exposed to more germs than someone working from home.
It’s more the lack of interaction and exposure to bacteria from other people and places you would usually find it. Could the lack of human contact be a factor in your immune system being slightly less effective? Despite getting outdoors and enjoying nature etc.

She is genuinely fucking baffled as to how she’s caught it. Just a random theory that I’ve been pondering. With no basis in scientific fact whatsoever!

5 minutes ago, Soft Joe said:

I don’t drink. I’m quite fit and healthy since I gave up drink and drugs. I think working in a hospital I get exposed to more germs than someone working from home.
It’s more the lack of interaction and exposure to bacteria from other people and places you would usually find it. Could the lack of human contact be a factor in your immune system being slightly less effective? Despite getting outdoors and enjoying nature etc.

She is genuinely fucking baffled as to how she’s caught it. Just a random theory that I’ve been pondering. With no basis in scientific fact whatsoever!

Why she is she baffled? Has she not had any human contact at all, recently?