You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

7 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

A gentle reminder that the bloke that started all this is a multimillionaire living in Hollywood with Elle McPherson. 

No idea why other people are so keen to continue the grift.  

Ably assisted by various cunts like Melanie Phillips in the Mail who wanted something to have a go at Tony Blair with.

14 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Apparently The Offspring have booted out their drummer because he wouldn’t get vaccinated.  The lead

singer, now a microbiologist with a phd and thesis on AIDS research, told him to fuck off. The word

is a weird place. 

And they say punk is dead.

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Apparently The Offspring have booted out their drummer because he wouldn’t get vaccinated.  The lead

singer, now a microbiologist with a phd and thesis on AIDS research, told him to fuck off. The word

is a weird place. 

Anyone sum this up?

36 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

is a weird place. 

Pretty fly for a vaccinated guy.

• Upvote 6

So vaccines are to be offered to 16/17 year olds. I have one of those so there will need to be a discussion imminently.

Ultimately it will be up to him, but I’d like to be able to present accurate facts and both sides of the argument so he has what he needs to make an informed decision. 

I’d like him to have it, of course, but there is a worry that if it does lead to long term negative effects (not the nut job stuff) then I don’t want to live with the guilt that I forced it on him in some way. 

I’m sure he’ll have it, if offered, but I’m just being honest in saying I have more worries/doubts over him getting it than I did about myself or his mother. 

What approach would you suggest GFers?

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

So vaccines are to be offered to 16/17 year olds. I have one of those so there will need to be a discussion imminently.

Ultimately it will be up to him, but I’d like to be able to present accurate facts and both sides of the argument so he has what he needs to make an informed decision. 

I’d like him to have it, of course, but there is a worry that if it does lead to long term negative effects (not the nut job stuff) then I don’t want to live with the guilt that I forced it on him in some way. 

I’m sure he’ll have it, if offered, but I’m just being honest in saying I have more worries/doubts over him getting it than I did about myself or his mother. 

Tell him to get back round the lezzers and take pics. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

I think you are playing it correctly. It's his personal choice and should be respected.

• Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

I told my kids (albeit in their 20s) that they needed to weigh up the risks themselves and make their own decision. 

My son, well he had the jab. My two daughters were not so sure. Since then one has contracted Covid and wished she'd have had the jab and the other then decided to have the jab. 

I don't agree with shaming or threatening people to have the jab, just as I don't really agree with incentives. But I agree that people need access to proper medical information to make an informed decision. The problem we seem to have in the last decade is that society has become so polarised that it's almost impossible to do that as both sides shout at each other and use insults. 

I didn't have to think about the jab, for me the slight risks were outweighed by the benefits, I can understand the hesitancy the young may have. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, YorkshireRed said:

I guess it’s the difference between his bedroom and sleeping in the shed. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, YorkshireRed said:

The best thing to do is tell him to read all 1581 pages of this thread.

• Upvote 5

2 minutes ago, belarus said:

You know what I mean.

And they do actually. Or a level of.

I do know what you mean but they do not. I think they are seeing some "breakthrough" cases after 6 weeks at this point. Right now they (gubmints) are banking on the hospitalization numbers of vaccinated folks being really, really low - like low single digits , and they have been. I had a double Pfizer jab in May and am pretty sure I had it a few weeks ago.

Going to look into an antibody test next.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Poster said:

I told my kids (albeit in their 20s) that they needed to weigh up the risks themselves and make their own decision. 

My son, well he had the jab. My two daughters were not so sure. Since then one has contracted Covid and wished she'd have had the jab and the other then decided to have the jab. 

I don't agree with shaming or threatening people to have the jab, just as I don't really agree with incentives. But I agree that people need access to proper medical information to make an informed decision. The problem we seem to have in the last decade is that society has become so polarised that it's almost impossible to do that as both sides shout at each other and use insults. 

I didn't have to think about the jab, for me the slight risks were outweighed by the benefits, I can understand the hesitancy the young may have. 

Have to agree with this approach. My 2 are in their 30's down in Oz. My daughter has just had the Astra jab whereas my lad wants to wait for the pfizer vaccine a choice made by themselved.

The roll out hasn’t really helped matters.  Me and the missus staggered our vaccines cause we’d a new born to look after, so didn’t wanna get sick at the same time.  She had her Astra jab, no real problems, one night of feeling unwell.

I book mine and they ring a week later to cancel.  We’re no longer giving Astra to your age group cause it’s deemed unsafe, oh tell your missus to come back for her second jab of it.

I then had to travel fecking miles to get a different one.  Loads wouldn’t bother in this scenario.

Can’t really say I’m all too happy with this push to vaccinate kids.  My daughter won’t be getting it any time soon.  Her older girl is 14, so that’ll be entirely down to them two.  I’ve took the wee one for all her newborn jabs cause there’s decades of evidence and other guina pigs before her.

• Downvote 1