Bjornebye

Coronavirus

41 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

I’ve never used WhatsApp, but is there the option to mute/ignore her?

They’re a funny bunch. I was asked to join them on a walking trip when one of them dropped out. And over time others, including her, have joined the group. I enjoy walking and they can be good fun but at other times some of their values appal me. 

In answer to your question, you can put whole groups on mute but I don’t think you can put individuals within a group on ignore. She’s just hugely removed from most people’s reality

• Upvote 1

Mate of mine lost his dad, he lives in Thailand. Come back here for the funeral. Gets back there and had isolate in a hotel. Then he tests positive, straight to hospital there. Under guard. No wonder there cases are lower. Apparently going up though

15 hours ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Do what you want, I take my orders from 5G.

If you’re not being controlled by Bill Gates you’re a nobody.

tenor.gif?itemid=11667955

• Upvote 2

21 hours ago, Champ said:

They’re a funny bunch. I was asked to join them on a walking trip when one of them dropped out. And over time others, including her, have joined the group. I enjoy walking and they can be good fun but at other times some of their values appal me. 

In answer to your question, you can put whole groups on mute but I don’t think you can put individuals within a group on ignore. She’s just hugely removed from most people’s reality

Now I'm intrigued...

51 minutes ago, Chris said:

Now I'm intrigued...

Apparently a couple of the women in her group are Catholic. As Champ's a hardcore Satanist, there's bound to be some friction.

• Upvote 1

On 29/07/2021 at 18:50, Champ said:

I currently have a woman in one of my WhatsApp groups moaning about having to isolate after being Test and Traced after spending however long crushed up with however many others on a plane. Having I got any sympathy? None

Let me guess, everyone elses fault but her own? 

1 hour ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Appropriate, for all the sheep.

Put a mask on and shut the fuck up 

I was meant to go on a stag last weekend for my best mate’s dad. I ended up not going, which is fortunate for me in a way because now most of the people who went have got Covid. My mate has had two jabs but I spoke to him on FaceTime earlier and he looked rough as fuck. Said it feels like he’s freezing but as soon as he gets under a blanket it’s the opposite and he’s sweating his nads off. He’s had a few health problems in the past so I dread to think how bad it’d have been if he’d caught it before the vaccination. 

12 hours ago, Mudface said:

Apparently a couple of the women in her group are Catholic. As Champ's a hardcore Satanist, there's bound to be some friction.

I’m almost too embarrassed to say that I’m the only one whose kids went to a state school…

…I’m getting banned for this aren’t I?

43 minutes ago, Champ said:

I’m almost too embarrassed to say that I’m the only one whose kids went to a state school…

Ugh. You're painting a very vivid picture of these harpies.

58 minutes ago, Champ said:

Are a lot of them called Karen by any chance?

8 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

Are a lot of them called Karen by any chance?

Far far posher than that mister

1 hour ago, Superb said:

I don't really count outside so the comment was for inside shops. 

1 hour ago, belarus said:

Wow - surprised by that

Who wears masks outside? I thought pretty much everyone doesn’t. People near you @belarus?

Or have I read that wrong and you’re surprised by the number of masks in the shop?

31 minutes ago, Mudface said:

Ugh. You're painting a very vivid picture of these harpies.

Another friend, with similar crossover friendships, and I have endlessly discussed the social class/wealth variations we’ve observed (generalisation disclaimer applied) in determining responses to coronavirus, from the so disenfranchised that you’ll pretty much carry on as you normally have  to the so privileged that the rules don’t really apply to you and then are completely horrified when they or coronavirus come knocking on your door

• Upvote 1