You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

On the one side we have the cranks, the refusenicks, the doubtful, and on the other we have the church of pfizer and the cult of the vaccine fundamentalists, itching to perform mandatory jabbings. 

It's all shaping up for a hell of a zombie apocalypse. 

6 minutes ago, Iceman said:

I like how they threaten the non-vaxxed at the end of these. Getting a strong feeling that many vaxxed are secretly wishing the non-vaxxed will die. 

"There is no free ride this time. They alone will face the consequences of their actions."

Kind of goes against what he's trying to say though. The whole deal is that non-vaxxed are making vaxxed sick, no? 

There's no threat, or 'they'. Without your selective quoting, the full quote is-

But without herd immunity for SARS-CoV-2, the refuseniks are on their own. They are facing an endemic disease armed with nothing but worming tablets and excessive faith in their immune system. That is their choice and whilst we should deter gullible people from being pulled into their orbit, we should not coerce them. There is no free ride this time. They alone will face the consequences of their actions.

If you refuse the vaccines and there's no other lockdown measures in place to protect you then it's all on you, brother. Just as it is with every other disease out there.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Iceman said:

On the one side we have the cranks, the refusenicks, the doubtful, and on the other we have the church of pfizer and the cult of the vaccine fundamentalists, itching to perform mandatory jabbings. 

Fuck. I wish I hadn't bothered responding to you.

jUSt aSKing qUeStIOnS, eh?

2 minutes ago, Mudface said:

There's no threat, or 'they'. Without your selective quoting, the full quote is-

If you refuse the vaccines and there's no other lockdown measures in place to protect you then it's all on you, brother. Just as it is with every other disease out there.

There's 2 instances of 'they' in your quote. 

13 minutes ago, Iceman said:

I like how they threaten the non-vaxxed at the end of these. Getting a strong feeling that many vaxxed are secretly wishing the non-vaxxed will die. 

"There is no free ride this time. They alone will face the consequences of their actions."

Kind of goes against what he's trying to say though. The whole deal is that non-vaxxed are making vaxxed sick, no? 

I can't deny that I'm seething with anti-vaxxers who are prolonging this longer than this needed to be prolonged. 

Do I wish them dead? No. Am I bothered that they die? Also no. 

1 minute ago, Chris said:

I can't deny that I'm seething with anti-vaxxers who are prolonging this longer than this needed to be prolonged. 

Do I wish them dead? No. Am I bothered that they die? Also no. 

tenor.gif?itemid=15799521&f=1&nofb=1

What pisses me off is the original claim that Pfizer is 95% effective. Now I'm told I need mask and booster and to even wear mask indoors. What was the 95% claim based on, other than a desire to get folks to take it? 

Just now, Iceman said:

You said there's no 'they' without selective quoting. Wipe the fuggin mud out of your eyes you mewling quim. 

No. 

I said there's no 'they' in the context of your reply; you were trying to infer some sort of conspiracy.

I then fully quoted the last paragraph of the article, which not only wasn't written by 'them', but you only posted a sentence of it- hence the selective quoting.

Carry on asking your dumbass questions which can be answered by even a cursory search. I see you, and I've seen your type of posting and dumbass tactics on many a forum.

When I said 'they' originally I was talking about the people writing the anti-vax articles. Not sure why you ran with it. There's a lot of anti anti-vaxx stuff out there. 

Which one of my questions is dumbass? The one about specific testing for delta? When the trial period ends? Who is more likely to pass the virus? These questions are all reasonable. 

48 minutes ago, Iceman said:

Refuseniks make no sense to me. 

Why refuse? Fear of an 'experimental drug', and the belief that their government wants to harm them?

If you're so worried about a malevolent government, why paint a target on your back by squealing on social media?  I'm presuming you're also paying your NI and taxes and registered to vote, so you're funding this malevolent government, giving them your address, and yet are scared of them? 

No, I'm lost here.  

Just admit you don't like needles, it's less embarrassing. 

8 hours ago, Iceman said:

What pisses me off is the original claim that Pfizer is 95% effective. Now I'm told I need mask and booster and to even wear mask indoors. What was the 95% claim based on, other than a desire to get folks to take it? 

Clinical testing on the "alpha"?

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Refuseniks make no sense to me. 

Why refuse? Fear of an 'experimental drug', and the belief that their government wants to harm them?

If you're so worried about a malevolent government, why paint a target on your back by squealing on social media?  I'm presuming you're also paying your NI and taxes and registered to vote, so you're funding this malevolent government, giving them your address, and yet are scared of them? 

No, I'm lost here.  

Just admit you don't like needles, it's less embarrassing. 

I'd be interested to know how many people who take even relatively benign medication are aware of the possible side effects or what they do to your brain and body. Once you get into recreational drugs that's a whole other debate too, people snorting baby laxative and rat poison on a Saturday night bemoaning a vaccine that's been developed by some of the finest minds in human history. 

• Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

I'd be interested to know how many people who take even relatively benign medication are aware of the possible side effects or what they do to your brain and body. Once you get into recreational drugs that's a whole other debate too, people snorting baby laxative and rat poison on a Saturday night bemoaning a vaccine that's been developed by some of the finest minds in human history. 

Some of the finest minds in modern history are also calling for the vaccine roll-outs to be halted and all data analysed. It works both ways. 

19 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-57989767

I was genuinely amazed reading this.

It's a clusterfuck mate. This is where the financial support needs to continue both for the businesses and the staff. I can see both sides of the argument in the current situation. The correct answer is to self isolate if 'pinged', but without the financial support the app is going to be ignored / deleted all the more.

The situation is killing the hospitality industry, I'm seeing it where I live, we've lost about 5 pubs and clubs in the past 7 years which left us with 2 pubs pre-pandemic. One of them has just closed and going off the others that have closed recently it will be knocked down and replaced by shit housing before you can blink.

Even the remaining pub closed for a while a few years back, so it's a miracle that's still going.

15 minutes ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

Some of the finest minds in modern history are also calling for the vaccine roll-outs to be halted and all data analysed. It works both ways. 

Like who?  

And what skin do they have in the game? If governments listen to them and stop, and 100’s of thousands of people needlessly die, what are the consequences for these ‘finest minds’? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Like who?  

And what skin do they have in the game? If governments listen to them and stop, and 100’s of thousands of people needlessly die, what are the consequences for these ‘finest minds’? 

Indeed, some of the world's 'finest minds' developed anthrax and poison tip umbrellas.  Fine minds don't equal sound minds.