You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

6 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Skids, when you’re getting stoned, can you trace all your weed back to the plant it was grown from? How do you know what’s been sprayed on it, etc? Could be any old shite but you’re inhaling it straight into your lungs for a buzz. 

Have you ever had an adverse reaction to any other vaccines?

Judging by that copper knocking your door at 7am my guess is you can trace yours to your attic.

1 minute ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Has it always been that way? 

Not since I smoked the Diesel resin is of ‘96.

Been about 8 years now. Always been wary of who I got my weed off. What I found is that the if your smoke is blueish instead of the usual white/grey when you light up, then it’s not been flushed through. 

24 minutes ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

That’s happening anyway with the vaccine isn’t it? (not sure of scale mind)

When I asked a while back if those who are vulnerable are already vaccinated and there are another portion of society who have been vaccinated, what’s the need for everyone to be vaccinated, the response I got was “reduce hospitalisations” was a response I got. Others said it was to “protect others”, but if they are vaccinated they are already protected. So it seems everyone has got a different reason or answer to that very question. 

People go on about having a choice in life, we have one on everything we do. But when it someone takes that opportunity to choose differently, it seems that not many people want others to have a choice. This pandemic has made the human race even more selfish. On both sides. It’s an emotive situation, no doubt but just for taking your time on making a decision really does fuck some people off doesn’t it.

Sorry that I’m not fully sold on big Pharma like you Rico. There is too much history of them then ruining peoples lives and paying out vast sums of money for the damage that they have caused for me to be on board straight away. And of course there is good work, that isn’t being or has ever been dismissed by me. 12 months into a vaccine programme that the message has changed on numerous occasions on how awesome it would be (mostly that cunt in Downing St) when it’s still too early to say it’s long term success. Sorry for not being a guinea pig (effectively that’s what we potentially all are in situations like this) Some are just more willing to jump first in the queue. And that’s sound as well. 

I read something about Johnson fuming that young people weren’t taking it and he was looking at banning them to uni until they got it. That’s wrong, just like vaccine passports are wrong.

If you wanted more people to sign up to it in good faith, don’t vote Tory and put one of the biggest lying chancer and cunt mates in to power and maybe, maybe more of those people might have got on board and got vaccinated. There are multitude of reasons why people haven’t got it yet or don’t want it, that cunt government and how it has handled this fiasco is definitely part of the problem of the message. 

So, I’ll take Tory voter preaching to me about what’s right and what’s wrong for me and my family with the respect it deserves. A pinch of salt. 

They have introduced vaccine passports in Ireland, Italy and France. But they have done it in right order. It was a simple choice, we allow pubs and restaurants open but only accept vaccinated people or we keep them closed until herd immunity is reached. For pub and restaurant owners the 2 choices are shit, for customers the 2 choices are shit but it's a pandemic and in pandemics you have choose the best shit option sometimes.

Taking a vaccine you didn't need to take in 2019 is a shit best option. Hiding away like @TK421 is another shit option but it's an option. Living your life like nothing has changed isn’t an option to any fair minded people. If you choose to wait until the science is more definitive that is fine as long as you choose the TK isolation model. If you decide to pretend everything is normal or worse still, actively encourage people not to take it then you're choosing an option that benefits no one and are just a cunt.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

It isn’t an epidemic, it’s a pandemic. 

I am taking about world wide compo, not just UK, the Tories were mentioned because they are our government. While science has produced many a great thing, it’s also caused much, much harm. 

I am not sure what you are suggesting here Sasa. I refuse to apologise for being cautious around a vaccine. I’m not saying people shouldn’t have it, I am not saying they are pointless, I haven’t been sick so why do I need a vaccine? If I had suffered with COVID, then I would probably take it. But I haven’t so don’t see the rush for me to get it. 

It's the opposite, if you had covid, you wouldn't have to rush to take it.

How long do you plan to wait until you decide it is reasonably safe? It has been almost a year now since the stage 3 of clinical trials for the most successful vaccines began. A good six months since half of Israel have been pfizered.

5 minutes ago, No2 said:

They have introduced vaccine passports in Ireland, Italy and France. But they have done it in right order. It was a simple choice, we allow pubs and restaurants open but only accept vaccinated people or we keep them closed until herd immunity is reached. For pub and restaurant owners the 2 choices are shit, for customers the 2 choices are shit but it's a pandemic and in pandemics you have choose the best shit option sometimes.

Taking a vaccine you didn't need to take in 2019 is a shit best option. Hiding away like @TK421 is another shit option but it's an option. Living your life like nothing has changed isn’t an option to any fair minded people. If you choose to wait until the science is more definitive that is fine as long as you choose the TK isolation model. If you decide to pretend everything is normal or worse still, actively encourage people not to take it then you're choosing an option that benefits no one and are just a cunt.

Vaccine passports are bad, end of. 

Unsure if your last paragraph is not aimed at me, because if it is, you need to go back and read my posts again about what you have brought up. That f not, ill take it as a dog at those who behave like that. 

38 minutes ago, No2 said:

Hiding away and filling yourself full of horse paste definitely isn't a sensible thing to do. He would be much better off catching Covid and building natural protection against it. But you know what, that's his choice.

People should just respect the choices others make for choosing or not choosing to take a vaccine. Anyone actively bullying people not to get a vaccine is a cunt, just like anyone bullying people to get a vaccine is a cunt. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

It’s an obtuse point.

You said we’d all be dead. During The Middle Ages loads of people survived the plague and other diseases in Europe, how else do you think you got here? 

It’s estimated the Black Death wiped out between 30-60% of the population of Europe. Just so I’m clear on this, you aren’t advocating it’s ok to wipe out 30-60% of the population of Europe are you?

I'd like the anti-vaxx / anti-mask lot to stop gathering in their thousands. Mainly because they all fucking stink and I care about the o-zone layer. 

Nobody should be forced to have the vaccine though or made to feel forced. Doesn't mean people can't have an opinion on them. (and vice versa) 

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, SasaS said:

It's the opposite, if you had covid, you wouldn't have to rush to take it.

How long do you plan to wait until you decide it is reasonably safe? It has been almost a year now since the stage 3 of clinical trials for the most successful vaccines began. A good six months since half of Israel have been pfizered.

Dunno, whatever that length of time is, is my own personal choice. A year doesn’t tell you of any long term effects it may or may not have. It just tells you a years worth of data. So I am not going to say this time next year Rodders, we’ll be vaccinated because I am not sure. I may not even get it, who knows, nothing is ruled out. Who is say there be will as much of a need to get it in a couple of years.

3 minutes ago, Anubis said:

It’s estimated the Black Death wiped out between 30-60% of the population of Europe. Just so I’m clear on this, you aren’t advocating it’s ok to wipe out 30-60% of the population of Europe are you?

Nah, no way. I’m saying we survived then, we can survive now. 

3 hours ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

I didn’t say everyone.

I know you didn't, I just asked what the repercussions would be if everyone had your stance. What do you think they would be? Do you think there would be more deaths and hospitalisations? 

1 hour ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

That’s happening anyway with the vaccine isn’t it? (not sure of scale mind)

When I asked a while back if those who are vulnerable are already vaccinated and there are another portion of society who have been vaccinated, what’s the need for everyone to be vaccinated, the response I got was “reduce hospitalisations” was a response I got. Others said it was to “protect others”, but if they are vaccinated they are already protected. So it seems everyone has got a different reason or answer to that very question. 

People go on about having a choice in life, we have one on everything we do. But when it someone takes that opportunity to choose differently, it seems that not many people want others to have a choice. This pandemic has made the human race even more selfish. On both sides. It’s an emotive situation, no doubt but just for taking your time on making a decision really does fuck some people off doesn’t it.

Sorry that I’m not fully sold on big Pharma like you Rico. There is too much history of them then ruining peoples lives and paying out vast sums of money for the damage that they have caused for me to be on board straight away. And of course there is good work, that isn’t being or has ever been dismissed by me. 12 months into a vaccine programme that the message has changed on numerous occasions on how awesome it would be (mostly that cunt in Downing St) when it’s still too early to say it’s long term success. Sorry for not being a guinea pig (effectively that’s what we potentially all are in situations like this) Some are just more willing to jump first in the queue. And that’s sound as well. 

I read something about Johnson fuming that young people weren’t taking it and he was looking at banning them to uni until they got it. That’s wrong, just like vaccine passports are wrong.

If you wanted more people to sign up to it in good faith, don’t vote Tory and put one of the biggest lying chancer and cunt mates in to power and maybe, maybe more of those people might have got on board and got vaccinated. There are multitude of reasons why people haven’t got it yet or don’t want it, that cunt government and how it has handled this fiasco is definitely part of the problem of the message. 

So, I’ll take Tory voter preaching to me about what’s right and what’s wrong for me and my family with the respect it deserves. A pinch of salt. 

Being vaccinated doesn’t completely protect you, that’s why it’s better for everyone to be vaccinated as the risks just keep reducing as more and more people are jabbed.

Also, it’s not “big pharma” telling us to take the vaccine, it’s scientists who largely have no political agenda. Their agenda is public health.

7 minutes ago, Brownie said:

Blows my mind that anyone who blows smoke into their lungs, won’t take a vaccine just in case.

People genuinely think Bill Gates is tracking their movements, seemingly unaware that he's built the software architecture for 90% of the world's computers on which they conduct most of their financial, social and private lives - since 1985. 

• Upvote 9

The talk amongst health care folks here in FL is that everyone will either have had it or been directly exposed to it within this calendar year - there is simply no place to "hide". That is not an option.

Larger part of that theory is it will be the same worldwide soon enough.

Keep the fingers crossed Skids!

3 minutes ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

Why worry about something that didn’t happen?

Eh? Look, I'm just trying to follow your logic through, if everyone felt as you, do you think there would there be more covid deaths and hospitalisations?

1 minute ago, A Red said:

Eh? Look, I'm just trying to follow your logic through, if everyone felt as you, do you think there would there be more covid deaths and hospitalisations?

Who knows. That’s not something I can answer. But hazarding a guess, I don’t think there would be much of a difference compared to what has happened. Plus, I don’t think it’s omething that would ever happen, as in everyone pulling in the same direction on this.

Just now, Skidfingers McGonical said:

Who knows. That’s not something I can answer. 

So, by this answer I can only assume that you are not convinced that vaccines have had any effect and are waiting to see if they actually cause more health issues.

6 minutes ago, A Red said:

So, by this answer I can only assume that you are not convinced that vaccines have had any effect and are waiting to see if they actually cause more health issues.

No to the first part (not sure how you could assume that I not convinced they are effective as I have never criticised the vaccine or said they aren’t effective) but the latter part yes. 

But how can I answer to something that isn’t happening? I’m not quite sure of the point you are trying to make here. 

15 minutes ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

Who knows. That’s not something I can answer. But hazarding a guess, I don’t think there would be much of a difference compared to what has happened. Plus, I don’t think it’s omething that would ever happen, as in everyone pulling in the same direction on this.

You don’t think there would be much of a difference if no-one took the vaccine? Come on mate.

1 minute ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

No to the first part (not sure how you could assume that I not convinced they are effective as I have never criticised the vaccine or said they aren’t effective) but the latter part yes. 

But how can I answer to something that isn’t happening? I’m not quite sure of the point you are trying to make here. 

All the stats talking about the drop in deaths and hospitalisation due to vaccines leave you unconvinced. You are quite happy to wait until you are vaccinated and risk any bad pharma side effects, because, luckily for you, lots of other people have had them and are being the guinea pigs. 

Mental