You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

32 minutes ago, belarus said:

Her own son said she was mentally ill on national news? That’s a bit off isn’t it?

I don’t know any more about all that than she’s an ex NHS employee who is anti vaccine and lockdown isn’t she? I haven’t watched that interview either, so shooting in the dark a bit, but seems a bit shady on her that

You probably need to go and have a listen to the stuff she says, mate.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Brownie said:

She is a nut bird no doubt. Of course she is cashing a check being a nutbird but that is a different topic.

Still trying to figure out how a fairly large percentage of folks within health care are anti vaxx? Is it just this particular one or is it any vaccinations? If so - what about prescriptions - is there really 2 or 3 nurses out of 10 that think those are blag as well?

It's weird.

23 minutes ago, Chris said:

Cases seem to be heading in the right direction last few days. 25,000 positives. Down 21% over 7 days compared to the previous week. Unexpected, I'd say. Whether it'll last or not remains to be seen, but perhaps a bit of burnout starting to take place? 

Damn, we‘re gonna win this thing!

A2CC8F66-6413-4D97-9756-F5FF077F9C07.jpeg

Always struck me as an odd scene that.

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, Brownie said:

Just had a look at a couple of her bits and then the first bit of his.

She is saying some extreme shit and very unfounded it seems about vaccines in general, but that must be hard speaking out about your own mum like that. And even if she is wrong and everything she says is bollocks, does that mean she’s mentally ill?

Aside from that, I saw the American clip of him being interviewed and it said at the bottom “1 in 5 in England believe coronavirus is a hoax”. That’s got to be bollocks, surely? I’ve not met or spoken to one person who thinks or believes that, and my 1 year old has got some seriously strong and extreme views, let me tell you

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, Mook said:

I fucking hate needles.

I've had my two & get my flu one every winter, I just tell the nurse when I go in that I hate needles & will need to look away. I do have other phobias that are a hundred times worse & I can't deal with them so wouldn't take the piss out of someone for being scared of needles.

Fannies.  

I've had injections in my gums, that's a legit fear to have. 

I also stood on a fucking bee today, and that fucking hurts 1000 times more than a jab.  

I understand needle fear, but not at the expense of having Covid.  

13 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

I loved Agent Harris. I'd imagine that's the trajectory of a lot of people in his position. Start off as an idealistic hard-on, but your years on the job, counter terrorism assignments where you get the shits for months, you'd start to look at things a little differently. Bit jaded over the difference you're actually making, some shades of grey and a rapport with the baddies who essentially become work colleagues down the years.

That scene where he's in bed with his bit on the side, a fellow agent, while informing the Sopranos on New York-related stuff, was pretty telling. He's morally compromised, as you would be after all those years on the job. 

1 minute ago, TheHowieLama said:

Stood or trod?

Bit of both.  I thought it was a big thorn or bit of glass at first, so kept my foot there and then carefully lifted it to see a massive fat bee stuck to my foot.  I flicked it off but then some pretty intense waves of pain for 10 minutes. I haven't been stung since I was 12 or something.  

1 hour ago, belarus said:

Her own son said she was mentally ill on national news? That’s a bit off isn’t it?

I don’t know any more about all that than she’s an ex NHS employee who is anti vaccine and lockdown isn’t she? I haven’t watched that interview either, so shooting in the dark a bit, but seems a bit shady on her that

There might be a words, tone thing here. Seeing the words used does sound a bit off but the tone used to deliver was anything but that. 

I don’t know what influenced his decision to give the interview, but I’d like to think it came from a good place. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

It was based on something that really happened I think, the FBI in new York buzzing off someone getting whacked.

"This is a reference to former FBI supervisor R. LindeyDeVecchio, who said the same thing when he was told Lorenzo "Larry" Lampasi had been shot to death in front of his Brooklyn home. DeVecchio was later indicted for providing the Colombo family with information that led to four murders, much as Harris provides Tony with information leading to the death of Leotardo."

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, belarus said:

Just had a look at a couple of her bits and then the first bit of his.

She is saying some extreme shit and very unfounded it seems about vaccines in general, but that must be hard speaking out about your own mum like that. And even if she is wrong and everything she says is bollocks, does that mean she’s mentally ill?

Aside from that, I saw the American clip of him being interviewed and it said at the bottom “1 in 5 in England believe coronavirus is a hoax”. That’s got to be bollocks, surely? I’ve not met or spoken to one person who thinks or believes that, and my 1 year old has got some seriously strong and extreme views, let me tell you

My sister and loads of her Facebook trollies are sceptics. The shit they come out with is terrifying! 

9 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Remember some bloke passing out once having his bloods done, was funny as fuck because he was such a Billy big bollocks. They used to do you two at a time in our walk in centre, I find it quite interesting so I was watching her do mine, then this bloke in a suit walks in giving it 'alright ladies, oooh I'll roll me sleeve up, busy morning for you eh? Next thing he just seemingly went to sleep in the chair. Nurse was like 'ah, he's passed out'.

We had a lad in school, a horrible little shite who was known for picking on smaller kids.

Anyway, it was six in one (bcg) time and everyone was lining up outside this room to go and get their jab.

When it was your turn, you went in the room and you got your jab behind one of those screens on wheels, then you came out from behind the screen and the next kid took your place.

When it was this lads turn, he went behind the screen, then there was a loud crash followed by 'no, no, NOOOO' and he tried to make his escape, only to be dragged back behind the screen. 

Next thing, he dropped to the floor with only his head and shoulders behind the screen. 

We're all pissing ourselves, but next thing they started dragging him back so he was sliding along the floor until his whole body was behind the screen which made us laugh even more.

A few seconds later, they dragged him further so his feet disappeared behind the screen, it was the way it happened in stages, funny as fuck.

He'd fainted, they have him his jab then gave him smelling salts.

Needless to say he got leathered until he left school.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, YorkshireRed said:

There might be a words, tone thing here. Seeing the words used does sound a bit off but the tone used to deliver was anything but that. 

I don’t know what influenced his decision to give the interview, but I’d like to think it came from a good place. 

Yeah, I do think he came across well and measured. Plus, he will be getting shit for her views too I bet. Imagine wandering passed Trafalgar Square and hearing yer ma riling up a baying mob. Haha

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, belarus said:

Not at all. Better to think that your mum’s behaviour can be explained by mental illness than having to accept that these are her own sentient views

1 hour ago, Rico1304 said:

Weinstein isn’t claiming it to be 100%.

He’s claimed near perfect. Bit of a difference. And misleading.

The podcast with Rogan about this was very interesting. Does raise a few questions about Pharma and all of this vaccine rush out.

Especially Pfizer who are getting (apparently £3k a shot) 

The Dr who was on with Weinstein has written an article in response to those he feels are doubters 

https://www.thedesertreview.com/opinion/columnists/statins-for-cancer-and-covid-beyond-ivermectin/article_5bf6b964-e8b4-11eb-b738-d3afdb2bbfed.html

Some Valid points made in the article.

• Upvote 1

You can't say stuff like; "this drug is near perfect" with weird studies as proof and expect objective people to take that seriously.

The hydroxychloroquine thing and now ivermectin thing, the people who have been pushing those drugs just don’t know how to do it. They're incredibly sensationalist about their results, and it comes across extremely cultish and conspiratorial. Now vaccine pushing has also been cultish but there's a shit load of real data around to prove their efficacy.

Like I'm sorry that this Bret "intellectual Dark web" Weinstein guy and his like think that everyone is against him and that big pharma dont want this cheap miracle Covid drug to be widely used, but like, stop being a fucking weirdo about it then. "The implications are both beautiful and horrifying". Relax, you fanny.

22 hours ago, Iceman said:

Pittsburgh VA: Pfizer And Moderna Vaccinations More Than 95% Effective At Preventing Infection

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/pittsburgh-va-pfizer-and-moderna-vaccinations-more-than-95-25-effective-at-preventing-infection/ar-AAMsTaT

New research from the Pittsburgh VA has found the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines are more than 95% effective at preventing infection.

That's interesting, as it seems we're nowhere near that here. I'm also just watching this week's John Oliver and he claimed 97% of USA hospitalisations are unvaccinated people. We're not close to that are we? Is this a reflection of the AZ vaccine v moderns and Pfizer? Maybe @thehowielama (the at not working, which probably means I don't know his name!) knows? 

33 minutes ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

The podcast with Rogan about this was very interesting. Does raise a few questions about Pharma and all of this vaccine rush out.

Where did that number come from? I thought it was about $15 a dose depending how well your country negotiated. 

Weinstein also thought that Epstein wasn’t a real person and was a character made up to facilitate kiddy fiddling.  The bloke is obviously clever, but bat shit fucking crazy. 

All the things they demand of the vaccine, they are willing to forego for things that aren’t the vaccine. 

1 hour ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

Did you also get paid?

https://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-trending-57928647