You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

4 hours ago, Geoff Woade said:

We have distant family that are American, in their 80’s. One of their main arguments why they aren’t having the vaccine is because ‘it alters your dna and that can make you infertile and reduce life expectancy’ 

We don’t talk to them much.

Re last sentence- I’m not surprised! 

I  have friends in their early 60’s and their 30 something son lives with them with his 2 young boys(long story the mother is an evil cow) Anyway he won’t get vaccinated because he’s ‘seen things online!’ My friend thinks he’s selfish but what can she do?

I've a real shit storm heading my way. I'm due to go see my mam this weekend for the first time in 2 months. My missus is due her 2nd those tomorrow and my sister is kicking off that she can't be around my mam because she will be "shedding" for 2 weeks. My sister is an anti vaxer, has been anti medical professions for years and doesn't know my mam is double jabbed for months now. My mam didn't want the hassle of engaging with her, hasn't lied about it just hasn't told her, its all gonna raise its head this weekend. 

Some of you are a load of fairies. Her Indoor's mum (who's 92) hates needles but has had all her jabs when required. In fact because she has suffered from Glaucoma she's had to have them in her eyeballs! Yes, you read that right.

Edit: When I had chest pains I had to self inject in the stomach with Warfarin as I have DVT history. Tests came back and turned out I had Pneumonia which was sorted with antibiotics.

Get a fucking grip.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, tokyojoe said:

Some of you are a load of fairies. Her Indoor's mum (who's 92) hates needles but has had all her jabs when required. In fact because she has suffered from Glaucoma she's had to have them in her eyeballs! Yes, you read that right.

Get a fucking grip.

I’m scared of needles and can’t bear the sight of blood. I’ve had both doses of the vaccine. I just looked the other way. And soiled my pants a little.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Remember some bloke passing out once having his bloods done, was funny as fuck because he was such a Billy big bollocks. They used to do you two at a time in our walk in centre, I find it quite interesting so I was watching her do mine, then this bloke in a suit walks in giving it 'alright ladies, oooh I'll roll me sleeve up, busy morning for you eh? Next thing he just seemingly went to sleep in the chair. Nurse was like 'ah, he's passed out'.

Walking in and saying hello and exchanging pleasantries with them is giving it the billy big bollocks? 

47 minutes ago, tokyojoe said:

Edit: When I had chest pains I had to self inject in the stomach with Warfarin as I have DVT history. Tests came back and turned out I had Pneumonia which was sorted with antibiotics.

Get a fucking grip.

55172435-B493-479A-B59B-BA9AAF460D1F.gif

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I think this has been mentioned elsewhere but I caught the end of an interview with the son of that Kate Shemirani earlier. 

He seems to be handling himself very well, given the circumstances. His recognition that his mother is probably mentally ill made me think.

She’s dangerous, certainly, but she’s also being exploited when she should be receiving help. At the very least not being given a public platform such as the one she had at the weekend.

I totally understand the opposing view to this, just feeling that her mental health shouldn’t be totally dismissed as a reason, if not an excuse. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

I think this has been mentioned elsewhere but I caught the end of an interview with the son of that Kate Shemirani earlier. 

He seems to be handling himself very well, given the circumstances. His recognition that his mother is probably mentally ill made me think.

She’s dangerous, certainly, but she’s also being exploited when she should be receiving help. At the very least not being given a public platform such as the one she had at the weekend.

I totally understand the opposing view to this, just feeling that her mental health shouldn’t be totally dismissed as a reason, if not an excuse. 

She has got issues for sure but don't forget she's a dangerous, lying, vindictive cunt just like the twats who believe the shite she spouts. 

26 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

I heard him speaking too. He spoke really well and you can only feel for him and the rest of her family looking to find answers for what could lead someone down such extreme pathways but unless I’m missing something sadly I haven’t seen anything to suggest that she’s mentally unwell. She appears to be in control of all of her faculties 

5 minutes ago, Champ said:

I heard him speaking too. He spoke really well and you can only feel for him and the rest of her family looking to find answers for what could lead someone down such extreme pathways but unless I’m missing something sadly I haven’t seen anything to suggest that she’s mentally unwell. She appears to be in control of all of her faculties 

Yes - I don’t think she’s been diagnosed but her son thinks there’s a problem. Of course, she won’t think there is so is unlikely to seek help.

Whether she is, or not. Must be difficult for her family. 

5 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

Yes - I don’t think she’s been diagnosed but her son thinks there’s a problem. Of course, she won’t think there is so is unlikely to seek help.

Whether she is, or not. Must be difficult for her family. 

My guess is she feels her son is unwell.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, YorkshireRed said:

Her own son said she was mentally ill on national news? That’s a bit off isn’t it?

I don’t know any more about all that than she’s an ex NHS employee who is anti vaccine and lockdown isn’t she? I haven’t watched that interview either, so shooting in the dark a bit, but seems a bit shady on her that

Cases seem to be heading in the right direction last few days. 25,000 positives. Down 21% over 7 days compared to the previous week. Unexpected, I'd say. Whether it'll last or not remains to be seen, but perhaps a bit of burnout starting to take place? 

5 minutes ago, Chris said:

Cases seem to be heading in the right direction last few days. 25,000 positives. Down 21% over 7 days compared to the previous week. Unexpected, I'd say. Whether it'll last or not remains to be seen, but perhaps a bit of burnout starting to take place? 

Fingers fucking crossed mate. That would be fucking amazing if it was fucking off