You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

Pittsburgh VA: Pfizer And Moderna Vaccinations More Than 95% Effective At Preventing Infection

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/pittsburgh-va-pfizer-and-moderna-vaccinations-more-than-95-25-effective-at-preventing-infection/ar-AAMsTaT

New research from the Pittsburgh VA has found the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines are more than 95% effective at preventing infection.

23 minutes ago, Iceman said:

Are people who have been double jabbed and already had coronavirus but don't wear a mask considered to be less safe than someone who has been single jabbed who hasn't had coronavirus but does wear a mask?

I think when cases are still in their thousands people should take every precaution no matter how big or small to not be in a position to get infected or infect anyone. The "who are likely to be safer" carry on is irrelevant. I've had covid and had two jabs. Can I still get Covid? yes. Can I potentially kill someone by passing it on? Yes. 

"sheeple" ? Nah, I just want people not to suffer and die. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Iceman said:

Are people who have been double jabbed and already had coronavirus but don't wear a mask considered to be less safe than someone who has been single jabbed who hasn't had coronavirus but does wear a mask?

More antibodies than Wolverine if he'd been bummed by Mark Fowler.

I think numbers of cases is a bit of a red herring to be honest which is why I don't understand why the media are concentrating so much on it. Vaccines don't stop you catching it just like the flu vaccine doesn't stop you catching flu, but it hopefully stops you going to hospital. The yanks reckon 99.5% of their deaths now are unvaccinated.

Just as a bulletproof vest doesn't stop you getting shot, a vaccine cannot stop you being infected. Both can lead to a far less serious outcome. 

1 hour ago, Anubis said:

Quite…

E7MHlt6WQAMqzVf?format=jpg&name=large

Without knowing her background I can only say that generally speaking the risk to her from covid is far greater than the risk from the vaccines, I only hope that she doesn't find that out the hard way. 

3 minutes ago, Geoff Woade said:

We have distant family that are American, in their 80’s. One of their main arguments why they aren’t having the vaccine is because ‘it alters your dna and that can make you infertile and reduce life expectancy’ 

We don’t talk to them much.

My sister has said that to her son, who is 18. She is refusing the vaccination on those grounds and has scared her son into not having it. Fucked up. 

1 minute ago, Geoff Woade said:

We have distant family that are American, in their 80’s. One of their main arguments why they aren’t having the vaccine is because ‘it alters your dna and that can make you infertile and reduce life expectancy’ 

We don’t talk to them much.

Yeah uptake in the southern states is predictably poor apparently.

53 minutes ago, RJ Fan club said:

I think half the anti vax lot are just scared of needles.

Massive shithouses. 

I realise this is probably meant partly tongue in cheek but I reckon the fear of needles is at least a contributory factor for some anti vaxxers.

Remember some bloke passing out once having his bloods done, was funny as fuck because he was such a Billy big bollocks. They used to do you two at a time in our walk in centre, I find it quite interesting so I was watching her do mine, then this bloke in a suit walks in giving it 'alright ladies, oooh I'll roll me sleeve up, busy morning for you eh? Next thing he just seemingly went to sleep in the chair. Nurse was like 'ah, he's passed out'.

I fucking hate needles.

I've had my two & get my flu one every winter, I just tell the nurse when I go in that I hate needles & will need to look away. I do have other phobias that are a hundred times worse & I can't deal with them so wouldn't take the piss out of someone for being scared of needles.

• Upvote 4

21 minutes ago, Mook said:

I fucking hate needles.

I've had my two & get my flu one every winter, I just tell the nurse when I go in that I hate needles & will need to look away. I do have other phobias that are a hundred times worse & I can't deal with them so wouldn't take the piss out of someone for being scared of needles.

I do the same, just say I’m gonna look the other way and then keep talking to them about something else. 

There’s a woman down here that Mrs Turdseye has been friends with for years. This woman works as a receptionist at the doctors and has so far refused all vaccines and taken to sharing all kinds of absolute drivel on Facebook. My missus is furious with her. Apparently she used to be in the Jehovah club but she gave that up years ago and is finally coming around to the idea of getting the jabs, because she “won’t be able to go to Spain” otherwise. 

3 hours ago, Section_31 said:

I think numbers of cases is a bit of a red herring to be honest which is why I don't understand why the media are concentrating so much on it.

You worked in the media, as did I. They're interested in whatever sounds most sensational. People have been stubbornly refusing to die since February, but that's not nearly as sexy a story as CASES EXPLODE.

2 hours ago, RJ Fan club said:

I think half the anti vax lot are just scared of needles.

Massive shithouses. 

See the Botox fuelled face on that woman spouting about wanting to hang doctors the other day? She's had more needles than Pete Dougerty.

1 hour ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

You worked in the media, as did I. They're interested in whatever sounds most sensational. People have been stubbornly refusing to die since February, but that's not nearly as sexy a story as CASES EXPLODE.

Nice that you just ignore the people that actually have died because it doesn’t fit your unicorn bubble narrative. What a sincerely brilliant human being festering over in Wallasey we should all bow down