You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

2 hours ago, SasaS said:

As I understand it:

It's not a proper question, the MP is using the floor to propagate the Great Reset conspiracy theory which the (far) (populist) right wing link to the WEF and their ideas about redefining capitalism which are also called the Great Reset, to give credence and foundation to one of the more recent tropes. He then traps the PM into saying he didn't read the book (he most likely didn't) since this is the quickest way for the PM to deflect this discussion (why should he give them the platform of national parliament to try and "normalize" the trope as part of public discourse outside of their echo chamber). Since the MP knew PM would say he didn't read it, he produces the thank you note (my guess is, probably matter of public records) which then the PM explains is what you politely say when someone sends you the book.

It is more or less irrelevant even if PM has actually read the book and lied that he didn't, because the only thing the MP wants is to give the conspiracy theory more credence, foundation, by forcing a discussion of it in the parliament.

Cheers for that. It just seemed like a “textbook answer”  

This Great Reset idea doesn’t sit well with me.

Capitalism constantly fails yet it’s always given a leg back up with no long term planning and making the necessary changes when they were needed at the time to make sure it didn’t fail 

Nothing will change, and if it was to, I don’t trust half of the partner companies of the WEF, places with horrific human rights records etc.

For me, the “Stakeholder Capitalism” that Scwab talks about, will never take precedent over “Shareholder Capitalism” because that’s what drives all these corporations. And always will. 

That’s all for another thread though. 

My original point was that if someone was being called out for lying then it doesn’t matter where that came from. a lie is a lie, regardless of how good or bad that person/group etc are. 

2 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

The idea that the world’s governments are capable of plotting together to reduce the population but at the same time can be caught out by a letter confirming it was published in a book! 

It’s not just governments on the WEF though is it, it’s massive corporations involved as well. Some will work to make it work, others like this Tory Government would love their countries to be Tax Haven. 

I went down the Klaus Schwab rabbit hole a bit last night and from what I could see his dad (Eugen Schwab) helped the Nazi war effort with the company Escher Wyss, later taken over by Sulzer and where Klaus himself worked for a while. His wiki page is free of all of that though for some reason (unless you try the German version.)

So the Dutch PM could've said "I read the book to see what the cronies are planning but not really into it. I think his dad helped the Nazis though so he might be right down your alley anyway you fascist clown."

I don't think Klaus would've approved though.

He also wrote books about a 4th industrial revolution that talked about all types of sci-fi sounding tech that we could have in the future which might be where a lot of the tech related theories are partly rooted from. It's no wonder there's so much conspiracy stuff related to him really, he looks like a fucking magnet for it.

3 hours ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

It’s not just governments on the WEF though is it, it’s massive corporations involved as well. Some will work to make it work, others like this Tory Government would love their countries to be Tax Haven. 

Right, so at some point this cabal of governments (there were no dissenters by the way, everyone signed up - even the ones that fucking hate each other and would literally like to see their opponents wiped off the face of the earth) decided to reach out to business, and again, no dissenters, no one saying ‘hold on’, no paperwork, no emails or texts or even a PowerPoint. 

Relate that to us signing Messi. You’d get 10% of people moaning he wasn’t Ronaldo and was past his prime.  It’s completely implausible. 

26 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Right, so at some point this cabal of governments (there were no dissenters by the way, everyone signed up - even the ones that fucking hate each other and would literally like to see their opponents wiped off the face of the earth) decided to reach out to business, and again, no dissenters, no one saying ‘hold on’, no paperwork, no emails or texts or even a PowerPoint. 

Relate that to us signing Messi. You’d get 10% of people moaning he wasn’t Ronaldo and was past his prime.  It’s completely implausible. 

If what you are saying is Governments won't benefit from underhand business deals, there is a small problem with that theory: they will.

Also members of said Governments won't be part of Governments forever - and when they have lined up great deals for business to have tax breaks, guess where there will be sudden seats available on the boards of said businesses?

55 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

That’s your opinion Rico.

I believe your are wrong. 

5 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

IT WILL ALL BE OVER BY LAST WINTER I NEVER LIE AND NONE OF YOU WILL BE BIG ENOIGH TO ADMIT I WAS RIGHT ALL ALONG CRAYONS AND HAAGEN DASZS 

EMBARRASSING! 

This virus is just another thing for people to pick a side & become completely entrenched in their views. Like Scottish independence, Jeremy Corbyn & Brexit before it, it just shows how utterly fucking tedious social media & the human race are. We're a cancer on the planet, we really are.

We're all experts on viruses, vaccines, face masks & pandemics now because we've disappeared down a load of online rabbit holes & anyone who disagrees is right or left wing scum.

*places shotgun into mouth

• Upvote 10

Just now, Mook said:

This virus is just another thing for people to pick a side & become completely entrenched in their views. Like Scottish independence, Jeremy Corbyn & Brexit before it, it just shows how utterly fucking tedious social media & the human race are. We're a cancer on the planet, we really are.

We're all experts on viruses, vaccines, face masks & pandemics now because we've disappeared down a load of online rabbit holes & anyone who disagrees is right or left wing scum.

*places shotgun into mouth

Don't pull the trigger mate x 

Stick it up your arse and do it and film it 

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

That’s your opinion Rico.

I believe your are wrong. 

It’s not an option, it’s a hypothesis. That, or something like it, must have happened in order for the Great Reset to happen. 

All of the population projections for the future show a really high increase, then plateau and reduction. That’s based on women having access to education and reproductive autonomy. What would be easier, some books and the pill, or a semi deadly virus and 5G vaccines? 

1 hour ago, Rico1304 said:

Not true, Belarus and Sweden wouldn't get on board. That's why foreign powers are trying to over throw Lushachenko. My brothers a believer and he told me this.

28 minutes ago, No2 said:

Not true, Belarus and Sweden wouldn't get on board. That's why foreign powers are trying to over throw Lushachenko. My brothers a believer and he told me this.

But they just chose to do something different, as you would imagine in a world with 190 odd countries. And they weren’t the only ones. Australia, New Zealand and even Vietnam did it differently. But they never said ‘Look, these cunts want to kill you’