You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

9 hours ago, Mudface said:

I'm not exactly sure what you're driving at here. There appears to be another variant which can infect doubly vaccinated people, but it didn't cause them serious illness.

It's interesting, but I don't get what point you're trying to make?

The interesting parts are experts confirming more and more that naturally obtained immunity is sufficient in some people whereas some people will definitely require vaccines. Trying to find the missing piece between the 2 sets of people is the end game. All the supporting links at the end of the link are just as interesting. It could point them to figuring out who is more susceptible and target the vaccines at those people first, especially in the poorer parts of the world. That's all.

Fair game for discussion in my eyes, but apparently not so anymore. I posted it without pushing an opinion so people can make their own minds up. 

9 hours ago, Mudface said:

They'll 'Gawd bless ya' and cap doff even as they're being bummed to death by the likes of Rees-Mogg or McConnell. Just as long as it fucks the libs or the enemies within that tried to thwart our brave Brexit.

Rees-Mogg couldn’t bum a Chihuahua to death 

9 minutes ago, Dr Nowt said:

It was certainly presented in a neutral fashion which invites measured response.

Yea the elbow licker bit was uncalled for. But when you're trying to promote open discussion or at least link things that some people might find interesting,  and then people are hitting on you for saying the sources are not valid (doctors), and then you post expert sources, and they still deem it invalid because it doesn't suit their worldview, it gets quite tedious. 

Thanks for the PMs people, you know who you are.

Why is there no ‘open discussion’ in areas like structural engineering or aeronautics?   

“That plane is far too conventional for me, I’m going to fly in this one designed by a bloke with an adjacent degree from an on-line university” 

“I’m sick of experts telling me skyscrapers need foundations.  I’m buying a top floor apartment in this one made of Lego and evostick”

• Upvote 2

Post what you want mate, your missus had a tough experience and it’s only right to share viewpoints. Not everyone will agree of course and that’s their right. Personally I think everyone should get the vaccine (nobody should be forced too) but that’s just me. 

It’s the people that lie that are the problem. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Rico1304 said:

Why is there no ‘open discussion’ in areas like structural engineering or aeronautics?   

“That plane is far too conventional for me, I’m going to fly in this one designed by a bloke with an adjacent degree from an on-line university” 

There is a thread for planes. Feel free to make some proposals there. As for structural engineering, the day someone creates a thread on that will be a dark day indeed.

@Colonel Kurtz...

5 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Post what you want mate, your missus had a tough experience and it’s only right to share viewpoints. Not everyone will agree of course and that’s their right. Personally I think everyone should get the vaccine (nobody should be forced too) but that’s just me. 

It’s the people that lie that are the problem. 

tenor (4).gif

32 minutes ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

But when you're trying to promote open discussion or at least link things that some people might find interesting,  and then people are hitting on you for saying the sources are not valid 

Fucking hell - that’s bad in this “me too” day and age.

Who’s been hitting on you mate? Did 3 Stacks try and book a PT session with you?

1 hour ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

The interesting parts are experts confirming more and more that naturally obtained immunity is sufficient in some people whereas some people will definitely require vaccines. Trying to find the missing piece between the 2 sets of people is the end game. All the supporting links at the end of the link are just as interesting. It could point them to figuring out who is more susceptible and target the vaccines at those people first, especially in the poorer parts of the world. That's all.

Fair game for discussion in my eyes, but apparently not so anymore. I posted it without pushing an opinion so people can make their own minds up. 

OK, but that CDC paper you cited is nothing really to do with the bolded, the numbers involved are too small to draw that conclusion. The only part of the paper that brings it up is in the second sentence here, it isn't mentioned in the paper's conclusion- quite rightly the author is more concerned with the variant seemingly being able to bypass doubly vaccinated miners, although even there, none were made seriously ill by it.

The attack rate was 15/25 (60.0%) in fully vaccinated miners, 6/15 (40.0%) in those partially vaccinated or with a history of COVID-19, and 3/4 (75%) in those not vaccinated. Attack rate was 0/6 among persons with a previous history of COVID-19 versus 63.2% among those with no previous history (Table). No other factors were found to be associated with the risk for infection.

Also, if they do manage to figure out some sort of link, then presumably first they're going to have to test people to see if the vaccine would be beneficial or not. If you're doing that, then you might as well just give them the vaccine.

12 hours ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

Interesting study for anyone else who finds this stuff worthwhile reading. It's from the CDC so might make it a bit difficult for the usual suspects to say 'BuT cAnT TrUst ThAt bEst LEaVe tO eXperTS' elbow lickers

https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/27/10/21-1427_article

E7AncCFXEAE62DC.jpeg.jpg

Fucking hell. I genuinely can’t wait to see you open up a debate on here when you’re coming from an entrenched position. The potential is through the roof. 

Thanks for the PMs people, you know who you are.

Nice to see that TK is still knocking about. Shame he hasn’t got the strength of conviction to keep posting his own opinions because he makes a much better job of it than you do with your links to vague aimless studies performed on a fewer amount of people than you get Weetabix in a box, in situations that won’t be replicated anywhere else in the world and that don’t actually say anything other than “look at me, I’m an angry bastard because some people don’t agree with me about Covid and I love pictures of animal dicks.”

1 hour ago, Rico1304 said:

“I’m sick of experts telling me skyscrapers need foundations.  I’m buying a top floor apartment in this one made of Lego and evostick”

“Shouldn't matter if its a small study about 50 people big or a large study 20k big.” If you can get the smaller number to wobble on top of your Lego skyscraper then on a skyscraper thread it’s fair game to imply that the bigger number can all get on each other’s shoulders and wobble a bit more. 

You get the keys next week. 

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Fucking hell. I genuinely can’t wait to see you open up a debate on here when you’re coming from an entrenched position. The potential is through the roof. 

Nice to see that TK is still knocking about. Shame he hasn’t got the strength of conviction to keep posting his own opinions because he makes a much better job of it than you do with your links to vague aimless studies performed on a fewer amount of people than you get Weetabix in a box, in situations that won’t be replicated anywhere else in the world and that don’t actually say anything other than “look at me, I’m an angry bastard because some people don’t agree with me about Covid and I love pictures of animal dicks.”

“Shouldn't matter if its a small study about 50 people big or a large study 20k big.” If you can get the smaller number to wobble on top of your Lego skyscraper then on a skyscraper thread it’s fair game to imply that the bigger number can all get on each other’s shoulders and wobble a bit more. 

You get the keys next week. 

The irony isn't lost.

39 minutes ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

Are you 10 years old?

12 hours ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

1 - what?

2 - what?

3 - fuck yourself

cringe-gif-15.gif

37 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

The irony isn't lost.

Ha. What’s that then? Something you want to get off your chest? I’ve definitely cast envious glances at horse cocks before but what else are you supposed to look at when you slow down to drive past? I don’t remember ever being angry about Covid on this forum.

Wasn’t it you that was posting on this thread about vitamin D preventing Covid, parroting loads of jarg blood cell science you were fully qualified to talk about because you’d done some data input and once spoken to a surgeon, and then getting all pissy in the replies? At least Zonko’s CDC study had 44 participants. Yours was just you, the world’s first epidemiologist/driving instructor hybrid. 

Thanks for all the PM’s, guys xxx

• Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

cringe-gif-15.gif

Ha. What’s that then? Something you want to get off your chest? I’ve definitely cast envious glances at horse cocks before but what else are you supposed to look at when you slow down to drive past? I don’t remember ever being angry about Covid on this forum.

Wasn’t it you that was posting on this thread about vitamin D preventing Covid, parroting loads of jarg blood cell science you were fully qualified to talk about because you’d done some data input and once spoken to a surgeon, and then getting all pissy in the replies? At least Zonko’s CDC study had 44 participants. Yours was just you, the world’s first epidemiologist/driving instructor hybrid. 

I'm doing very well, thanks.

5 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

cringe-gif-15.gif

Thanks for all the PM’s, guys xxx

Yep, he's a 10 year old bellend. 

Thanks for confirming it in front of an audience.

It will make it helpful to just skip past the gobshite that you are and continue onto other parts of the discussion that adults are having. 

Maybe join back in when you've finished puberty? Ta