You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

4 hours ago, Audrey Witherspoon said:

Cheers Liz, me and the missus have been trying to get out on the bike for an hour each day, i go early doors as its minimal people out, she went at 11 today, phoned me at 12, she'd had collision with some daft auld woman who was on the cycling path and did a dither either side and failed to actually achieve anything either way after me missus had shouted ahead to her.

Called me, i said i'd get down to pick her up, she decides to try and carry on riding a bit whilst I'm on the way, then due to one handed braking (suspect wrist sprain or fracture) - rides into a fucking lamp post giving herself a black eye and cut cheek.

got to drop her at the drs later, then probably take here for an x ray somewhere, and back to the quack tomorrow depending on results.

whilst trying to stay as clear of people as possible.

Fuck sake mate! Had similar last week, hospital phoned and said I needed a blood test for certain levels relating to my new meds, or they might not be safe to keep taking. Down to a local GP Surgery right next to a school, at kicking out time. Feels like something from a shit sitcom, doesn’t it. Good luck navigating it.

44 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

I bet 20-30 disappear over the next 2 months, maybe more. 

I was taking the piss a bit to be fair.

I'm with Octopus and have no complaints at all. Their customer service is spot on and I'm paying about £40 less a month than I was with British Gas.

Just now, Vincent Vega said:

I was taking the piss a bit to be fair.

I'm with Octopus and have no complaints at all. Their customer service is spot on and I'm paying about £40 less a month than I was with British Gas.

They are good.  I was at their offices a few

months ago and felt about 100. Very trendy and topped off by dogs wandering around the office. 

2 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

A couple of predictions from me.

1. Brexit won't happen. The country won't be able to afford it.

2. Johnson won't be PM once the crisis comes to an end. The fallout from the government's handling of this crisis will make his position untenable.

We are British... We double down on stupid!

2. Johnson won't be PM once the crisis comes to an end. The fallout from the government's handling of this crisis will make his position untenable.

You want Priti Patel in charge.

4 hours ago, Audrey Witherspoon said:

How is yer da going with it all? Hope he's sound.

He's in complete lockdown at home with mum since last Tuesday. He would obviously be considered high risk because he takes immunosuppressants ever since the transplant. 

I'll double up on my shopping at the weekend and leave it up at his front door. His biggest struggle is not allowing my kids up to see him but there'll be plenty of time for that in a few months.

Thanks for asking. Who are you, by the way? I don't recognise the username...

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

1. Brexit will be delayed/extended.

2. He's a cockroach, he'll survive. 

7 hours ago, Aventus said:

Flu is a word that gets thrown around too much, when they actually mean they've got a particularly bad cold.

It's actually fairly uncommon , most people will only get it a handful times in their lives, unless you're Timo Werner who manages to get flu literally every year. 

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/timo-werner/verletzungen/spieler/170527

What I experienced was much worse than a cold.

9 minutes ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

Fuck sake mate! Had similar last week, hospital phoned and said I needed a blood test for certain levels relating to my new meds, or they might not be safe to keep taking. Down to a local GP Surgery right next to a school, at kicking out time. Feels like something from a shit sitcom, doesn’t it. Good luck navigating it.

Certainly does mate, I had to go for blood this morning, collection opens at 730 but you can grab a Q ticket any time, got in early, nabbed a ticket, then fucked off out the hozzy for a walk and bit of headspace (tm) the realised I was gonna pass a school and the Covid clinic if I looped right the way back, did an about turn.

got evils off some

old dude when I strolled in as they called my number.

thing is most of the people in there are in the same situation, early doors collections

for Transplant patients before they take daily meds to check uptake.

if we both make it through dude I’ll buy yer a beer when I get back to blighty!

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

Just been chatting to my mate in Newport to see if he's OK as he has COPD and Asthma. He's been on normal holiday for the last fortnight but say he is off back to work on Monday. He's still going out and about anyway for Band Practice etc because in his opinion it's just a nasty flu. The mind boggles. 

Mad, I know a couple of young lads in a band and they have to give it all a miss and sadly a gig in Liverpool which they were looking forward to, one has Crohns disease obviously he has to be extra careful despite his young age. 

On my last visit to the pub there were a few lads saying just that, a bad dose of flu, it's a load of bollocks one said and another said your not one of these paranoid twats, I had to leave, I am a bit paranoid, especially for my elderly relatives rather than me. 

Yes the mind boggles. 

5 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

We are British... We double down on stupid!

I know, but surely the entire country will see the folly of the Tories austerity policies, particularly with the NHS and social care. I think many people are about to realise how important these sectors are.

5 minutes ago, Anubis said:

You want Priti Patel in charge.

To be honest, I think this entire cabinet will be finished. It will probably end up being someone like Jeremy Hunt.

2 minutes ago, Carradona said:

He's in complete lockdown at home with mum since last Tuesday. He would obviously be considered high risk because he takes immunosuppressants ever since the transplant. 

I'll double up on my shopping at the weekend and leave it up at his front door. His biggest struggle is not allowing my kids up to see him but there'll be plenty of time for that in a few months.

Thanks for asking. Who are you, by the way? I don't recognise the username...

Knobhead formerly known as Arthur Friedenreich. I had a couple of email chats with yer dad a few years back when it looked like mine could be imminent, I managed to hold off until November last year.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Audrey Witherspoon said:

Knobhead formerly known as Arthur Friedenreich. I had a couple of email chats with yer dad a few years back when it looked like mine could be imminent, I managed to hold off until November last year.

Ah right, I remember you. I probably had a few run ins with you in my younger days!

How are you keeping since your transplant? I'll let him know that some loon on the internet was asking about him.

Just now, Carradona said:

Ah right, I remember you. I probably had a few run ins with you in my younger days!

How are you keeping since your transplant? I'll let him know that some loon on the internet was asking about him.

No doubt mate, we’ve all had a few scuffles over the years.

Doing well mate, other than being shit scared of this virus, me and the missus are in the same boat with the lockdown.

tell him Cevan says hello, and I hope they stay sound.

• Upvote 1

My mother works at DWP and had someone from work on the phone to go down a checklist to see if she should be allowed into work or not, they said she's fine to do so. But she pointed out that my dad has pretty much every single option on the checklist and that doesn't matter apparently so she's at work now.

At the same time as the doctors have told my dad he should isolate for 12 weeks DWP is telling my mother she should go to work as she's not high risk, but the fact she could potentially carry something back to someone who is has been deemed irrelevant. They also cancelled an appointment he was meant to go to at one hospital but he has two others scheduled at another and they have said they will go ahead. 

My Uni has closed for classes as they don't want people congregating, but they are still running lab and IT sessions and the likes of the library and common working areas are all still open.

If I was the cynical type I'd be inclined to think no one has a fucking clue what they are doing.

We're also out of toilet roll.

11 minutes ago, Audrey Witherspoon said:

Certainly does mate, I had to go for blood this morning, collection opens at 730 but you can grab a Q ticket any time, got in early, nabbed a ticket, then fucked off out the hozzy for a walk and bit of headspace (tm) the realised I was gonna pass a school and the Covid clinic if I looped right the way back, did an about turn.

got evils off some

old dude when I strolled in as they called my number.

thing is most of the people in there are in the same situation, early doors collections

for Transplant patients before they take daily meds to check uptake.

if we both make it through dude I’ll buy yer a beer when I get back to blighty!

Good man, look forward to it mate.

Yeah I was similar, stayed standing away from everyone else, basically in the middle of the room, with people all looking at me like “Who the fuck does he think he is?” (nowt new there, like). Opened the door to leave with a paper towel as well, then lobbed it into the bin on my way out. Some things you can’t avoid, but where you can mitigate its a total no-brainer. Why some are almost acting like it’s an affront to be given advice for their own good, or to see someone else practising the same, is beyond me but we humans are nothing if not a curious bunch.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

I know, but surely the entire country will see the folly of the Tories austerity policies, particularly with the NHS and social care. I think many people are about to realise how important these sectors are.

To be honest, I think this entire cabinet will be finished. It will probably end up being someone like Jeremy Hunt.

Michael Gove lies waiting in the shadows, sharpening his knife.

I have not been at work for almost two weeks. 

In the middle of last week I developed a persistent cough, high temperature and fatigue. I have no way of knowing if this is Convid-19 or a typical virus which floats around at this time of year. For those for whom Convid-19 is rather mild will notice no difference than a normal virus and testing is not available. 

But my University stated that I must work from home.

I suspect a lot of people will be in my position and will have no idea whether they have had it and whether they now have immunity.

Still it was probably my own fault for licking that bat!

10 minutes ago, redheart said:

I have not been at work for almost two weeks. 

In the middle of last week I developed a persistent cough, high temperature and fatigue. I have no way of knowing if this is Convid-19 or a typical virus which floats around at this time of year. For those for whom Convid-19 is rather mild will notice no difference than a normal virus and testing is not available. 

But my University stated that I must work from home.

I suspect a lot of people will be in my position and will have no idea whether they have had it and whether they now have immunity.

Still it was probably my own fault for licking that bat!

Likely Covid. I was listening to a doctor the other day who said that the seasonal flu and cold bugs were dying out and if you had something develop in the recent weeks then it was likely to be coronavirus.

Bitcoin is on the way back up so everything must be sound again in China. 

I’m on the list of those who should isolate for 12 weeks from this weekend. How is that possible? Do I lock myself in a room for three months, only speak to my missus and kids through a door and disinfect everything in the bathroom every time I go in? It’s just not feasible.

I am going to brave Sainsbury’s one more time today to see if there’s anything left while wearing gloves and keeping my distance from people and then we’re gonna do the whole isolation thing as a family for a fortnight. I know I’m fortunate to even be in a position to do that. We’ve got some supplies, managed to grab a Tesco slot for Sunday and another for the 8th of April so we can hopefully get fresh fruit and veg but I haven’t been able to find any of the food my dog eats anywhere. If we change it up or feed him any of our dinners he gets the shits something rotten.