You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

1 minute ago, Champ said:

I really feel for you, mister. I had a little bit of it at the start with a bit of the ‘they’re doing the best they can’ and ‘you’ve been spending too much time online’ but over time he’s definitely come a long way on that score and we’re pretty much on the same page and have been for a long time. 

My biggest one is a woman I work quite closely with at work. She knows her stuff at work but has revealed herself as a massive covid sceptic and the atmosphere can be really difficult. I don’t know how you come back from this stuff

I don’t think you do. People reveal themselves at times like this. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Rico1304 said:

I don’t think you do. People reveal themselves at times like this. 

I think you’re right.

It feels like no coincidence that she was the only person in the team as far as I know who voted to leave the EU

• Upvote 3

Daughter in law tested positive tonight. She's been round ours today ,she's felt off a few days and been doing tests all negative til tonight. Bit annoyed with her.

Guessing I'll get the isolation text, problem is what the fuck do we do for food ect as she's pretty much causing us all stop in now.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, littletedwest said:

Daughter in law tested positive tonight. She's been round ours today ,she's felt off a few days and been doing tests all negative til tonight. Bit annoyed with her.

Guessing I'll get the isolation text, problem is what the fuck do we do for food ect as she's pretty much causing us all stop in now.

Fingers crossed the food deliveries will be ok.  

Have you checked if you are in one of the key worker categories? 

39 minutes ago, Champ said:

I really feel for you, mister. I had a little bit of it at the start with a bit of the ‘they’re doing the best they can’ and ‘you’ve been spending too much time online’ but over time he’s definitely come a long way on that score and we’re pretty much on the same page and have been for a long time. 

My biggest one is a woman I work quite closely with at work. She knows her stuff at work but has revealed herself as a massive covid sceptic and the atmosphere can be really difficult. I don’t know how you come back from this stuff

Sounds crap.  If people want to be sceptical fine, just don't be selfish and don't judge others who have genuine fears, and respect others 'social' needs in work.

I've managed to avoid the people I work with in person, video meetings only but not sure how much longer that will be for, and while none of them are outright sceptics a few think your level of carefulness and worry should match theirs.  The type who say they love going in the office to see people and it's really safe and all that. What one person thinks is safe has no bearing on what I think it's safe, and we're not all going home to the same circumstances so quit suggesting that what's right for you should be right for everyone.

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Iceman said:

Doesn't he now have antibodies? 

Yeah, he’s probably sound now. But selfish, brain dead blerts like that could overwhelm hospitals to the point where there’s no beds for people that have strokes, brain aneurysms, car accidents, appendicitis, shithouse aids and all manner of other things. 

I don't understand why folks who have been double jabbed are also ending up in hospital. The headline says it's a pandemic of the unvaccinated like dave the redneck, but if the unvaccinated can give the virus to the double vaccinated does that mean the vaccine isn't working properly? 

9 minutes ago, Iceman said:

I don't understand why folks who have been double jabbed are also ending up in hospital. The headline says it's a pandemic of the unvaccinated like dave the redneck, but if the unvaccinated can give the virus to the double vaccinated does that mean the vaccine isn't working properly? 

The vaccine isn't 100% effective. Also its uncertain how long the effects of the vaccine last for, so for people that had both jabs in December to March, it might not be effective enough to keep them out of hospital now. 

32 minutes ago, Iceman said:

Because medical science is not completely foolproof. 

Not everyone has a perfect immune system response, as you age it isn’t as effective in most people (that directly affects the efficacy of the vaccine.) 

Hence the massive difference in the way the virus affects younger v older people. And that effect gets worse roughly each decade from 50 onwards. The different variants also don’t help and how much the virus has mutated.

This is why (before the vaccine) they locked away those with a compromised immune system. Most of us can improve our immune system by eating healthily.

23 minutes ago, Poster said:

This is why (before the vaccine) they locked away those with a compromised immune system. Most of us can improve our immune system by eating healthily.

Should never have stopped kids eating muck and living in squalor like we were made to do , fucking snowflakes.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Should never have stopped kids eating muck and living in squalor like we were made to do , fucking snowflakes.

Tories are doing their best to return us to those halcyon disease-resistant days.

I should have said that you can keep your immune system well by eating healthily most of the time. Obviously you can ignore what food companies tell you in the main, they just want you to buy their food. 

Released from covid prison this morning I was off to the shops, I left my place and walked into sunlight for the first time in over a week squinting from the brightness, standing there and taking in the fresh (slightly pig farm smelling) air. Like a scene from a prison film where the prisoner is released from solitary confinement, because I basically had been. No face to face contact with another human being the whole time. (It was fucking great, the solitary I mean) On arriving at the shop I noticed about 95% mask wearing customers/staff. I didn't notice any empty shelves. 

23 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Ha, we didn't have anti bacterial wipes and shite like that when we were kids. You just had large parts of your sleeve that were solid with snot like plastic. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

11 hours ago, Moo said:

Not sure if this had been asked before, and things can change over time anyway, but is anyone having conflict at home as a person you live with doesn't want to be as careful as you are (or vice versa)?  It's causing tremendous trouble in my abode, we are at total opposite ends of the scale.

How are people dealing with this?

Ive had to tread carefully, Mrs RiB thinks Johnson is doing the best he can, I think hes a workshy self absorbed lying cunt. The last discussion we had round this she said "I'd like to see your lot have a try" I said "so would I"

9 minutes ago, redinblack said:

Ive had to tread carefully, Mrs RiB thinks Johnson is doing the best he can, I think hes a workshy self absorbed lying cunt. The last discussion we had round this she said "I'd like to see your lot have a try" I said "so would I"

I just don't get this argumnet at all, and i've heard it myself.

By every documented, conceivable metric he has fucked up beyond recognition.

We are world leaders in all the shit stuff, it's made the level of cognitive dissonace involved a genuine curiosity.

3 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

I just don't get this argumnet at all, and i've heard it myself.

By every documented, conceivable metric he has fucked up beyond recognition.

We are world leaders in all the shit stuff, it's made the level of cognitive dissonace involved a genuine curiosity.

"But nobody could have predicted this"

"Well actually somebody did and told him about it but he chose to ignore it"

"..................."