Bjornebye

Coronavirus

I looked at Malta, which is where UK is rushing to be with full vaccination, currently at almost 71 percent of population, which should be somewhere around 85 percent of adults.

They are running at 230 cases now, which is the UK equivalent of 30-35k, but their breakdown is interesting, 195 of 222 from yesterday under 39 years of age, hospitalization rate is 1 percent, and there is only one person in the ICU, out of some 1440 current active cases. No deaths reported last 7 days.

So, collective immunity with vaccination doesn't really work, or at least young people have so many and so prolonged contacts even in the summer (outdoors) that the virus will find them in large numbers and spread, either through the youth population, or to their vaccinated and not vaccinated parents, but the effects on the general population and healthcare system would be similar to the flu season. And if you over 40 or 50, vaccination plus a little bit of caution and conservative behaviour stops the spread.

malta.jpg

https://deputyprimeminister.gov.mt/en/health-promotion/covid-19/Pages/covid-19-infographics.aspx

1 hour ago, Rico1304 said:

You think something that would have to be taken by the entire world’s population, everyday, for ever, won’t make more money than a vaccine?  All the time meaning the virus is still swilling around and able to take hold the minute we stop taking it?  

I don't even have a clue what you're going on about. I'm not trying to shill it either because I barely even know what it is. Anyway this study says two doses, which is slightly less than "everyday, forever" :

Two-doses of oral ivermectin (300 μg/kg given 72 hours apart) as chemoprophylaxis among HCWs reduces the risk of COVID-19 infection by 83% in the following month. Safe, effective, and low-cost chemoprophylaxis have relevance in the containment of pandemic alongside vaccine.

https://www.researchsquare.com/article/rs-208785/v1

edit : it's here too in a more complete form I think and with a different result (73% instead of 83% reduction in risk) https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33592050/

and : https://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0247163

3 hours ago, Elite said:

Without derailing the thread, do they sell that stuff anywhere in the UK? Looks just what I need.

Just be wary it doesn't give you gigantism

• Upvote 2

Boris Johnson’s plan to lift virtually all of England’s pandemic restrictions on Monday is a threat to the world and provides fertile ground for the emergence of vaccine-resistant variants, international experts say.

At an emergency summit on Friday government advisers in New Zealand, Israel and Italy sounded alarm bells about Downing Street’s policy, while more than 1,200 scientists backed a letter to the Lancet journal warning that the strategy could allow vaccine-resistant variants to develop.

tenor-40.gif

Shit, wrong thread. I can’t even be arsed correcting it. It’s Friday afternoon. And I’ve had a trying week. I want to go home.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

I don't even have a clue what you're going on about. I'm not trying to shill it either because I barely even know what it is. Anyway this study says two doses, which is slightly less than "everyday, forever" :

edit : it's here too in a more complete form I think and with a different result (73% instead of 83% reduction in risk) https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33592050/

It has a half life of hours.  It doesn’t create an immune response so when it’s worn off you need more. Think of it like an asprin.  

25 minutes ago, Anubis said:

A gentleman's farm? Do you get rode by horse's? Fuck pigs? What's the deal?

And what does it cost?

SmartSelect_20210716-134841_Chrome.jpg

16 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Boris Johnson’s plan to lift virtually all of England’s pandemic restrictions on Monday is a threat to the world and provides fertile ground for the emergence of vaccine-resistant variants, international experts say.

At an emergency summit on Friday government advisers in New Zealand, Israel and Italy sounded alarm bells about Downing Street’s policy, while more than 1,200 scientists backed a letter to the Lancet journal warning that the strategy could allow vaccine-resistant variants to develop.

tenor-40.gif

The Tories are in deep shit here. 

30 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

It has a half life of hours.  It doesn’t create an immune response so when it’s worn off you need more. Think of it like an asprin.  

Yeah as far as I can see at least some of those supporting it are saying it's supposed to be taken if you have coronavirus for a limited time, not every day because it's not trying to act like a vaccine. The study I linked also says that it can be used "alongside vaccine."

46 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

Brand name ivomec can get from your local vets . 

Know a lot of people in SA with no access to vaccines have taken it with no side effects . Nor did they get covid. Might or might not work. Defo kills the covid virus in a petri dish then again so does bleach. 

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

I think you could say that about anywhere opening up. 

What vaccination % is considered safe?

I fundamentally don’t think the UK are doing enough though. We’ve been building to Monday 17 months and it’s still all very wishy washy.

Turkey still in the red so more family visits cancelled FFS.

We wonder how long before Turkey says fuck you UK, we don't want you here until you sort your own house out.

Plus, can't go home as UK doesn't recognise Sinovac as not administered by NHS.

We've had both jabs and booster here.

58 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Shit, wrong thread. I can’t even be arsed correcting it. It’s Friday afternoon. And I’ve had a trying week. I want to go home.

That’s a mad coincidence that you wrote that you posted in the wrong thread, in the wrong thread. What thread was it meant for? Have you copy and pasted this into the correct thread? I’ll meet you there

With almost 50k cases a day, what rules are there that (younger and/or unvaccinated) population through which the virus is currently burning still follows, that are being lifted on Monday? Is there a lot they will start doing that they are not already doing now?

11 minutes ago, SasaS said:

With almost 50k cases a day, what rules are there that (younger and/or unvaccinated) population through which the virus is currently burning still follows, that are being lifted on Monday? Is there a lot they will start doing that they are not already doing now?

tenor.gif

13 minutes ago, SasaS said:

As if any of us know what young people get up to these days. 

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, belarus said:

That’s a mad coincidence that you wrote that you posted in the wrong thread, in the wrong thread. What thread was it meant for? Have you copy and pasted this into the correct thread? I’ll meet you there

I was talking about the Alastair Stewart stuff earlier.

29 minutes ago, DalyanPete said:

Plus, can't go home as UK doesn't recognise Sinovac as not administered by NHS.

We've had both jabs and booster here.

I've had both doses of Pfizer and it's still not recognised by the UK as they weren't both administered by the NHS.

The UK is going full cunt.

3 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Elaborate 

People are vaccinated. It used to be about deaths, now its about cases.

Restrictions are being lifted and people are terrified of putting that step forward, even just this small sample in here are, look on twitter at the reactions.

Look at the BBC ramping up the fear, they ran a heavy piece on the HNS in the North East yesterday with lots of heavy terrifying soundbites, but the truth is, no deaths.

If the vaccine isn't the way out, what is the way out? There will always be mutations of a virus, when do we take the next steps? 2 years? 5 years? 10 years?

Not to mention its all based on pretty shitty testing practices. We won't come out of it because lots don't want to. Ive already seen shit escalate with people over masks and working from home. Its a massive split.

Where do we draw the line? What about those with health issues? What about those struggling to be seen, those who want operations? Those that are struggling financially, those losing their homes and businesses. Its not just about Covid, its far wider than that.

The government will cave again next week they have already started changing their language about possibly needing restrictions again in the coming months if necessary.

12 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

I've had both doses of Pfizer and it's still not recognised by the UK as they weren't both administered by the NHS.

The UK is going full cunt.

• Like 1