You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

1 minute ago, Freddo said:

If areas and homes etc cannot be staffed due to track and trace. What is the solution. 

You find a solution, you don't put lives at risk. Tough as it is, thats basically saying even if you've got covid you are working with people. 

It may come down to being as simple as this then. Devil's advocate, if a care homes staffing has been hammered due to track and trace what do you do to care for residents. Make staff work, delete or turn off the app. Get bank staff cover, move residents to other homes? Hospitals trusts can and have made NHS staff turn off the app whilst on duty as it is having a hugely detrimental effect on the ability to staff wards and care homes. Lest we forget that carehome staff take an LFD test on the morning prior to work or the evening beforehand. Also they do PCR testing twice weekly so I understand it plus they are all using the correct PPE. Two sides to the coin around putting lives at risk also, it is putting lives at risk not having adequately skilled staff on the ground so to speak. Testing can alleviate some of the concern here. 

1 minute ago, Freddo said:

It may come down to being as simple as this then. Devil's advocate, if a care homes staffing has been hammered due to track and trace what do you do to care for residents. Make staff work, delete or turn off the app. Get bank staff cover, move residents to other homes? Hospitals trusts can and have made NHS staff turn off the app whilst on duty as it is having a hugely detrimental effect on the ability to staff wards and care homes. Lest we forget that carehome staff take an LFD test on the morning prior to work or the evening beforehand. Also they do PCR testing twice weekly so I understand it plus they are all using the correct PPE. Two sides to the coin around putting lives at risk also, it is putting lives at risk not having adequately skilled staff on the ground so to speak. Testing can alleviate some of the concern here. 

Tests before shifts is the answer. Actively asking staff to turn off a supposedly life saving tool is not. 

It's a shitty horrible difficult state of affairs that nobody wants but fucking hell telling people to turn off track and trace is scandalous. Especially when most don't even use the fucking thing anyway. 

11 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Tests before shifts is the answer. Actively asking staff to turn off a supposedly life saving tool is not. 

It's a shitty horrible difficult state of affairs that nobody wants but fucking hell telling people to turn off track and trace is scandalous. Especially when most don't even use the fucking thing anyway. 

Testing is definately key. Lfd result takes 30 minutes. I'd imagine nhs staff won't be governed by track and trace very soon

7 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Track and trace app should mean you get tested not automatically isolate its obscene. Isolate for 10 days even if you never had corona go back out and get pinged again meanwhile you've fallen behind on mortgage payments and bills because of a half arsed designed app.

To add to that, whole school years isolating due to one child being in contact with someone else. That isn't any good considering how much education children have lost. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Freddo said:

Testing is definately key. Lfd result takes 30 minutes. I'd imagine nhs staff won't be governed by track and trace very soon

But LFT’s have an appallingly bad efficacy.

They are only used by us because we threw so much money at them and have to justify it.

Other major nations have rightly called them trash and ditched them.

57 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Define ‘coped’. 

They didn't have to use special covid hospitals and people where not dying on the hospital steps and neighbouring streets, I guess.

I am trying to understand what the UK government is trying to do now, with allowing it to go to possibly a 100k cases a day, they obviously must think the NHS can handle two or three times the current pressure, and that people who will not get vaccinated and are already not respecting any restrictions would not do it anyway even if they are not lifted, so what is the point of punishing the rest. Just let it burn out through the younger population so it has nowhere else to go by early September.

Don't think they don't care what happens to people, they care much less what effect it will have abroad, which is in line with their politics so far, based on British exceptionalism and fair amount of arrogance, and which is why Britain is at the moment the least liked nation on the continent.

5 minutes ago, SasaS said:

They didn't have to use special covid hospitals and people where not dying on the hospital steps and neighbouring streets, I guess.

I am trying to understand what the UK government is trying to do now, with allowing it to go to possibly a 100k cases a day, they obviously must think the NHS can handle two or three times the current pressure, and that people who will not get vaccinated and are already not respecting any restrictions would not do it anyway even if they are not lifted, so what is the point of punishing the rest. Just let it burn out through the younger population so it has nowhere else to go by early September.

Don't think they don't care what happens to people, they care much less what effect it will have abroad, which is in line with their politics so far, based on British exceptionalism and fair amount of arrogance, and which is why Britain is at the moment the least liked nation on the continent.

So it’s not the NHS it’s the government. The NHS have to ‘cope’ with whatever the government decide. Until they can’t. And then we are fucked. 

It amazes me how models built seem to assume the NHS is immune, just let this rip and kids getting ill leading to mums and dads being home from work in the nhs will sharpen the mind. 

27 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Track and trace app should mean you get tested not automatically isolate its obscene. Isolate for 10 days even if you never had corona go back out and get pinged again meanwhile you've fallen behind on mortgage payments and bills because of a half arsed designed app.

United Pingdom

3 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

So it’s not the NHS it’s the government. The NHS have to ‘cope’ with whatever the government decide. Until they can’t. And then we are fucked. 

It amazes me how models built seem to assume the NHS is immune, just let this rip and kids getting ill leading to mums and dads being home from work in the nhs will sharpen the mind. 

You'd think and expect the UK government understands the capacities and capabilities of the NHS when making decisions. When Sweden decided to "let it rip" they deliberately kept the schools for younger children open so they's have the nurses there able to continue working.

3 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Ah, don’t say that. I’m pencilled in to come back up north then. That’ll be the first time in two years my kids will be able to see my sisters and their cousins.

Don’t you ever call me out and make me feel guilty about my negativity again. And my prediction - I’m pulling it a week nearer now.

No, in all seriousness, hope your plans go ahead and your kids get to see their aunties and cousins

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, SasaS said:

You'd think and expect the UK government understands the capacities and capabilities of the NHS when making decisions. When Sweden decided to "let it rip" they deliberately kept the schools for younger children open so they's have the nurses there able to continue working.

Different to what you said then. NHS to government. 

38 minutes ago, SasaS said:

They're trying to say we were out of Covid restrictions first. First to roll out vaccines, first to vaccinate the nation, first to exit lock down, everything that went on in between won't make it onto side of bus.

3 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Thats a fucking disgrace 

Yes. You are essentially telling care staff that irrespective of them having Covid they are to mingle with people who are amongst the most vulnerable who are in care homes. But hey, let’s get them off the public purse bill…