You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

8 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Yep, so the others are just left to..what? Get on with it?

The deaths have massively dropped with COVID, so how about we start treating people who you know, need life saving surgery instead?

Covid is an acute disease. You can't simply turn away people who can't breathe because you have to perform surgery on people. It's hard to believe this needs explaining.

2 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Covid is an accute disease. You can't simply turn away people who can't breathe because you have to perform surgery on people. It's hard to believe this needs explaining.

but you can turn people away who need new livers or who are suffering slowly with other issues. Ok. Glad we have that sorted then.

Lets create an area for all the sick non covid patients and keep them there suffering, whilst the hospitals simply deal with Covid patients. Sounds like a plan.

• Downvote 1

9 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

but you can turn people away who need new livers or who are suffering slowly with other issues. Ok. Glad we have that sorted then.

Lets create an area for all the sick non covid patients and keep them there suffering, whilst the hospitals simply deal with Covid patients. Sounds like a plan.

Elective surgeries are scheduled procedures. They need time slots. People with Covid come in hospitals needing immediate attention, or they die. This takes the ressources and time away from these elective surgeries.

Sorry to be harsh but the only reason this needs explaining is that you're a fucking idiot. 

• Upvote 9

1 minute ago, BeefStroganoff said:

People still catch it with both jabs. In fact thats getting more and more clear by the day. So what is she trying to say here?

That not enough people have been double jabbed to warrant the removal of all restrictions, and that the government is deliberately choosing the measure to make it seem higher than it actually is.

5 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Elective surgeries are scheduled procedures. They need time slots. People with Covid come in hospitals needing immediate attention, or they die. This takes the ressources and time away from these elective surgeries.

Sorry to be harsh but the only reason this needs explaining is that you're a fucking idiot. 

So as i said we are never coming out of this then are we? There is no way out of this. Which was my initial post.

• Downvote 1

If hospitals are having to canncel operations because of less than 4,000 hospitalized people in the entire country and 545 in ICU on ventilators, that has to be down to total lack of organization. These are the numbers a Western country with population of 5 million should be able to cope with.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Mudface said:

That not enough people have been double jabbed to warrant the removal of all restrictions, and that the government is deliberately choosing the measure to make it seem higher than it actually is.

And what about natural immunity and single jabs?

The whole fucking thing is not about safety its become political. And Twitter is the worst for it.

• Downvote 1

Just now, SasaS said:

If hospitals are having to canncel operations because of less than 4,000 hospitalized people in the entire country and 545 in ICU on ventilators, that has to be down to total lack of organization. These are the numbers a Western country with population of 5 million should be able to cope with.

Watch out mate you can't say stuff like that., don't you know we are in a crisis?

• Downvote 1

Just now, BeefStroganoff said:

And what about natural immunity and single jabs?

The whole fucking thing is not about safety its become political. And Twitter is the worst for it.

What about them? Doubly jabbed people have about 90% protection around a fortnight after the second jab it seems, so much more than natural immunity (if there actually is any) and singly jabbed people. It's all a numbers game, and you have to pray that they've calculated this correctly, otherwise we're in trouble yet again.

3 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Watch out mate you can't say stuff like that., don't you know we are in a crisis?

Imagine not understanding how hospitals work and then thinking you've delivered a zinger because someone said "well, they should just be more organized". 

1 minute ago, 3 Stacks said:

Imagine not understanding how hospitals work and then thinking you've delivered a zinger because someone said "well, they should just be more organized". 

What are you going on about?

The fucking bottom line is you are allowing people to die either way but you seem quite ok with that.

• Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Have you gone out of your house yet mate?

Since I was told to isolate on Monday? Not yet, I will probably go for a walk shortly since I got a negative result sent to me by text and email today. I follow the rules and don't act like a selfish ignorant arsehole. 

Just now, Bjornebye said:

Since I was told to isolate on Monday? Not yet, I will probably go for a walk shortly since I got a negative result sent to me by text and email today. I follow the rules and don't act like a selfish ignorant arsehole. 

Well make sure to pick on those not wearing a mask next week when you are out and about. Maybe one of those selfish arseholes will do us all a favour.

• Downvote 2

9 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

What are you going on about?

The fucking bottom line is you are allowing people to die either way but you seem quite ok with that.

"I am allowing people to die". Uhm, no I'm not.

I thought it was indicative of your intelligence that someone's point was "they're having to cancel surgeries because of a lack of organization" and you thought that was some amazing point. You have no idea how this stuff works, you just talk nonsense and think people have lost their minds over covid, when you're in fact the biggest fanny in the thread. Is that clear enough? Newsflash, it's not easy for hospitals to balance elective surgery and emergencies during fucking flu season, nevermind for a virus that has killed millions in half a year and is mega contagious.

You just keep repeating this will never end. You are the one losing your mind. People in the real world, medical professionals, are trying their best to cope, but you just don’t get it.

• Upvote 1

Just now, 3 Stacks said:

"I am allowing people to die". Uhm, no I'm not.

I thought it was indicative of your intelligence that someone's point was "they're having to cancel surgeries because of a lack of organization" and you thought that was some amazing point. You have no idea how this stuff works, you just talk nonsense and think people have lost their minds over covid, when you're in fact the biggest fanny I'm the thread. Is that clear enough? Newsflash, it's not easy for hospitals to balance elective surgery and emergencies during fucking flu season, nevermind a virus that has killed millions in half a year and is mega contagious.

You just keep repeating this will never end. People in the real world, medical professionals, are trying their best to cope. You are the one losing your mind.  

medical experts are as split as the nation over this.

• Downvote 1

15 minutes ago, SasaS said:

Fortunately these cases are evenly distributed between every hospital trust.

• Upvote 2