You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

56 minutes ago, Pidge said:

It was a funny absent minded moment because I've got other stuff on, that made me look ignorant, not a mental health breakdown ffs

I didn't say you had a mental breakdown. I was talking about the simple everyday experience of someone just walking into a store and feeling guilty about it, like you are some kind of mass murderer because people judge you, even when you've only forgotten and made a genuine mistake. Just think about that for a minute. I never suggested it was your mental health.

In regards to mental health, the fear factor has driven it.

14 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

This fella works for the Echo. 

You were quick changing those links! 

Interesting he mentions about Liverpool lagging in the vaccine. I haven't had chance to verify it but over the weekend the local news claimed 130k eligible people in Liverpool were yet to be vaccinated, which I thought just can't be right. 

33 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

What the fuck are you on about you wet wipe? Covid denial? Yep definitely some nutters on these boards.

Feel free to explain how damage limitation and being made to feel guilty for not wearing a mask in a shop belong in the same sentence. Then we can judge who the nutters are. 

24 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

You were quick changing those links! 

Interesting he mentions about Liverpool lagging in the vaccine. I haven't had chance to verify it but over the weekend the local news claimed 130k eligible people in Liverpool were yet to be vaccinated, which I thought just can't be right. 

The map on the government's covid site says Liverpool is at 66.8 and 50.5 percent for adults, which is almost 15 to 20 percentage points behind national average.

Just now, Barrington Womble said:

Fuck, that's really bad isn't it? What the fuck is wrong with people? 

Must admit I don't know how it's split administratively on the map. When you zoom in, there are even worse areas than Liverpool average. But there is a bit of a correlation with vaccination rates and cases on the national map. 

54 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Interesting there seems to be a flattening of the figures over the last week. The Zoe app has flat lined too, although I'm not sure how good that is now. 

It looks like it's plateaued in Scotland, schools broke up a couple of weeks ago so I guess that's helped.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/jul/13/scotland-to-move-to-level-zero-covid-restrictions-from-19-july

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Some strange stuff in here, good grief.

If you wear a mask it can still spread and you can catch it.

If you are jabbed it can still spread and you can catch it.

If you are double jabbed it can still spread and you can catch it.

If you are not jabbed it can still spread and you can catch it.

So what the fuck are you all flapping about? Its a virus. It moves and spreads. Its either damage limitation or lock down indefinitely.

It's a mental health issue now. Fear has gripped people. Psychology has gripped people, I mean read Pidges post above. FFS sake why didnt the staff just lynch him there and then. People have lost their fucking senses.

It's a thread about Coronavirus. 

If you're approaching this forum void thinking you're going to stumble across good samaritans posting positive news, sharing moments of societal joy, or showcasing their efforts to make their communities a better place, you won't find it here. 

Instead, you'll find an anxious bunch of cockwombles sharing their interpretation of data (or other scientific output) and random opinions on how we get out of this utter cuntfuck of a virus. It's a vicious loop of doom, personal stories, and Bjornebye boring the minds out of everyone by asking why SD has lied or ignored him. 

Get with the script, you and everyone else is royally fucked. BS can go in the summer. 

EdrEf_hVAAE5KGs.jpg

• Upvote 7

3 minutes ago, Superb said:

It's a thread about Coronavirus. 

If you're approaching this forum void thinking you're going to stumble across good samaritans posting positive news, sharing moments of societal joy, or showcasing their efforts to make their communities a better place, you won't find it here. 

Instead, you'll find an anxious bunch of cockwombles sharing their interpretation of data (or other scientific output) and random opinions on how we get out of this utter cuntfuck of a virus. It's a vicious loop of doom, personal stories, and Bjornebye boring the minds out of everyone by asking why SD has lied or ignored him. 

Get with the script, you and everyone else is royally fucked. BS can go in the summer. 

EdrEf_hVAAE5KGs.jpg

This will go well...

Edit: blimey @Bjornebye repped it. I wonder what @Strontium Dog™ will do then? 

There's only one way to find out... 

26 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Lafayette General disputes claim that nurse died of COVID-19 (theadvertiser.com)

Guidry worked at Ochsner Lafayette General in the hospital's emergency department. After her death, social media posts began circulating images of tweets that it appears she made criticizing the COVID-19 vaccines.

In a statement Monday, OLG disputed claims on social media that Guidry's death was caused by complications from COVID-19, saying that "the cause of her untimely death is unclear at this time and will be determined by an autopsy, with results not expected for several days."

3 hours ago, BeefStroganoff said:

I didn't say you had a mental breakdown. I was talking about the simple everyday experience of someone just walking into a store and feeling guilty about it, like you are some kind of mass murderer because people judge you, even when you've only forgotten and made a genuine mistake. Just think about that for a minute. I never suggested it was your mental health.

In regards to mental health, the fear factor has driven it.

Yeah, touch hyperbolic there, mate. It was more of a faux pas than feeling judged as a mass murderer. Like a moment in the first act of an episode of curb, I'll over-analyse it with Richard Lewis and then run into the same person after forgetting my mask while out with JB Smoove who is asking me loudly why I don't care about the welfare of others.

Christ, there's the breakdown...

• Upvote 1