Bjornebye

Coronavirus

10 minutes ago, littletedwest said:

Had 2nd jab last night. Feel OK so far anyone had any Side effects with it? First one left me feeling a bit knackered for 3 days, not ill but defo not 100%

Which you had?

I had the Pfizer and apart from a bit of tiredness after both I was fine.

I know it’s their own fault for being so fucking stupid but it’s hard not to feel a bit of sympathy for people who have been conned by the bellends spreading shit online. 

£42,000 fine or prison and they’re quoting the Magna Carta. Morons. 

https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/news/plymouth-news/plymouth-finla-coffee-owners-could-5621192

5 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

I know it’s their own fault for being so fucking stupid but it’s hard not to feel a bit of sympathy for people who have been conned by the bellends spreading shit online. 

https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/news/plymouth-news/plymouth-finla-coffee-owners-could-5621192

Some of these people are going to end up being the ultimate cautionary tale aren’t they. Tomorrow’s compo face articles.

• Upvote 1

Well this is one way to get case numbers down I suppose. 

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/covid-lateral-flow-test-charged-b1879797.html

People could be charged for lateral flow tests from next month, under plans being considered by the government.

The tests are only guaranteed to be free until the end of July, the Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC) has revealed.

“A statement will be forthcoming about whether or not it will be extended beyond that,” a spokesperson told The Independent.

Labour immediately condemned the looming rethink, saying it “beggars belief” with a third Covid wave underway and infections set to surge in the weeks to come.

The potential U-turn comes just three months after the launch of a high-profile campaign urging everybody to test themselves twice a week, under the headline ‘Next Step Safely’.

Lateral flow tests were made available from workplaces and places in the community “to encourage a new testing habit” for anyone without Covid symptoms

“Anyone can now access free, rapid lateral flow tests for themselves and their families to use twice a week,” a government announcement read.

Jonathan Ashworth, Labour’s shadow health secretary, said: “Sajid Javid’s policy of allowing infections to rise as high as 100,000 a day will see hundreds of thousands forced into self-quarantine.

“In that context, access to lateral flow tests will be vital. It beggars belief that the health secretary is introducing charging for testing. We should be making it easier to access to testing not harder.”

But a DHSC spokesperson said: “The government has confirmed that lateral flow tests will be free until the end of July”, confirming the guarantee ends this month.

The government has previously suggested that companies could be expected to foot the bill for testing their staff, but it is the first time that charges for individuals have been suggested.

More than £4bn of taxpayers’ cash was spent on lateral flow tests up until the end of March, as the chancellor Rishi Sunakhunts for savings to plug the gaping black hole in his finances.

Just 14 per cent of the 691 million tests sent out by the end of May were registered, the National Audit Officerevealed – with the test-and-trace system in the dark about whether the rest were used.

On Monday, Mr Javid, the new health secretary, admitted new daily cases could soar to 100,000 after remaining Covid restrictions are removed – while one expert warned of a possible 200,000.

Boris Johnson did not dispute that millions of people could be forced to isolate in the weeks to come, as infections mushroom.

The April campaign announced that twice-weekly tests would be available from workplaces, schools, pharmacies, libraries and community centres.

“Regular testing is an essential part of the easing of restrictions, helping identify variants and stopping individual cases from becoming outbreaks,” it read.

3 hours ago, Jose Jones said:

That is probably the second most likely cause, however there's no evidence for it.  Most likely is it came from animals they just haven't tracked down the exact animal yet - but that's not unusual.

Here's 19 pages of a review on the origins from some eminent scientists that came out yesterday if you can be bothered:

https://zenodo.org/record/5075888#.YOaUHOgzYuX

OR, the pertinent last paragraph of the summary:

We contend that there is substantial body of scientific evidence supporting a zoonotic origin for

SARS-CoV-2. While the possibility of a laboratory accident cannot be entirely dismissed, and

may be near impossible to falsify, this conduit for emergence is highly unlikely relative to the

numerous and repeated human-animal contacts that occur routinely in the wildlife trade.

Failure to comprehensively investigate the zoonotic origin through collaborative and carefully

coordinated studies would leave the world vulnerable to future pandemics arising from the same

human activities that have repeatedly put us on a collision course with novel viruses.

I believe the virus was present in bats but not in its current version. The fact that it can be traced back to lab employees accidently being infected ,for me , indicates the possibility that the original virus was being worked on in the lab. The lack of early action on the part of the WHO means we might never know the truth.

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, littletedwest said:

Had 2nd jab last night. Feel OK so far anyone had any Side effects with it? First one left me feeling a bit knackered for 3 days, not ill but defo not 100%

I didn’t experience any side effects after the second. AZ vaccine.

18 minutes ago, CapeRed said:

I believe the virus was present in bats but not in its current version. The fact that it can be traced back to lab employees accidently being infected ,for me , indicates the possibility that the original virus was being worked on in the lab. The lack of early action on the part of the WHO means we might never know the truth.

It can’t be traced back to lab employees being infected though. There’s no evidence for that.

We’ll never know the truth though agreed, due to China and US politicking.

2 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

We don’t let a little thing like evidence get in the way of a good story.  

If 4 million deaths in 18 months isn’t enough evidence for some mate then evidence just isn’t relevant anymore 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Sugar Ape said:

Nah. Fuck them. The article paints a picture of them as being arrogant, selfish, know-alls who actually know fuck all. And they appear to have been given several chances to do the right thing. They're not above the law and they deserve everything they get. 

On another note, I had Liverpool Council Public Health at my door this morning, enquiring about vaccine status as there is due to be a pop up vaccine facility in L17 in the next few days. I'm all jabbed up, but good to see there's an effort to get people protected (to dome degree) before Operation Just Get On With It commences on the 19th. They gave me a box of test kits too, which was nice of them. 

I think any empathy for that particular pair would now be misplaced. If they had turned up and argued their case (without relying on the Magna Carta as their sole argument), then maybe that empathy would be more deserving.

Well this is one way to get case numbers down I suppose. 

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/covid-lateral-flow-test-charged-b1879797.html

People could be charged for lateral flow tests from next month, under plans being considered by the government.

The tests are only guaranteed to be free until the end of July, the Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC) has revealed.

“A statement will be forthcoming about whether or not it will be extended beyond that,” a spokesperson told The Independent.

Labour immediately condemned the looming rethink, saying it “beggars belief” with a third Covid wave underway and infections set to surge in the weeks to come.

The potential U-turn comes just three months after the launch of a high-profile campaign urging everybody to test themselves twice a week, under the headline ‘Next Step Safely’.

Lateral flow tests were made available from workplaces and places in the community “to encourage a new testing habit” for anyone without Covid symptoms

“Anyone can now access free, rapid lateral flow tests for themselves and their families to use twice a week,” a government announcement read.

Jonathan Ashworth, Labour’s shadow health secretary, said: “Sajid Javid’s policy of allowing infections to rise as high as 100,000 a day will see hundreds of thousands forced into self-quarantine.

“In that context, access to lateral flow tests will be vital. It beggars belief that the health secretary is introducing charging for testing. We should be making it easier to access to testing not harder.”

But a DHSC spokesperson said: “The government has confirmed that lateral flow tests will be free until the end of July”, confirming the guarantee ends this month.

The government has previously suggested that companies could be expected to foot the bill for testing their staff, but it is the first time that charges for individuals have been suggested.

More than £4bn of taxpayers’ cash was spent on lateral flow tests up until the end of March, as the chancellor Rishi Sunakhunts for savings to plug the gaping black hole in his finances.

Just 14 per cent of the 691 million tests sent out by the end of May were registered, the National Audit Officerevealed – with the test-and-trace system in the dark about whether the rest were used.

On Monday, Mr Javid, the new health secretary, admitted new daily cases could soar to 100,000 after remaining Covid restrictions are removed – while one expert warned of a possible 200,000.

Boris Johnson did not dispute that millions of people could be forced to isolate in the weeks to come, as infections mushroom.

The April campaign announced that twice-weekly tests would be available from workplaces, schools, pharmacies, libraries and community centres.

“Regular testing is an essential part of the easing of restrictions, helping identify variants and stopping individual cases from becoming outbreaks,” it read.

That'll be why they've withdrawn them from pharmacies then. Gobshites. 

59 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

The little uns PCR test was positive, so that's us in till a week on Saturday.

Hopefully the little one is alright. On the plus side, seven weeks summer holiday!

The doctors have said on the phone that because of the Delta Variant, my nephew, 2 years old, has got to go and get a test. He’s had a cold, which has turned into a bad cough. This is mental. If little kids and babies start coming down with it in large numbers there’ll be fucking murder. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Creator Supreme said:

Aah bloody hell sorry to hear that mate. 

4 hours ago, Anubis said:

I didn’t experience any side effects after the second. AZ vaccine.

No side effects at all from 1st AZ. Now 5 days into a complete T.K.O from the 2nd. Im telling myself I will have super immunity as a result.

1 hour ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Hopefully the little one is alright. On the plus side, seven weeks summer holiday!

The doctors have said on the phone that because of the Delta Variant, my nephew, 2 years old, has got to go and get a test. He’s had a cold, which has turned into a bad cough. This is mental. If little kids and babies start coming down with it in large numbers there’ll be fucking murder. 

Hope he’s ok CT.

As for Finla Coffee - bad move not turning up in court and giving a local council free run at it. They pile the costs on. Will probably have that hairdresser  in Bootle shitting it.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Creator Supreme said:

Fingers crossed for no lasting symptoms. 

1 hour ago, Nelly-Torres said:

The Olympics will proceed with no spectators due to the ongoing Covid related state of emergency in Japan. 

has it gone to shit again over there? they're massively behind on the vaccine aren't they? 

2 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

There certainly will.  Grossly underestimating the public's reaction to this.  This government is on the cusp of agitating mass civil unrest.