You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

13 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Anyone sum this up? 

you're 10 x more likely to end up in hospital if you haven't been double vaxxed. in fact it's probably worse that that. 

i just had a quick glance online and 96.6% of over 50 have had at least one vax. And while it doesn't mention the number (or I didn't see it glancing) it looks like 91% have had 2 doses (from a graph). so 3.4% of the over 50 population account for a third of all hospitalisations. 

Starmer giving out about them reducing the sensitivity of the app when the majority of the country is nervous about getting pinged and it fucking up their work/life plans, with many just deleting the app altogether. 

For a lawyer, the useless prick doesn't know much about picking his battles, does he? He should be advocating for the swift implementation of a proper way out of self isolation through testing for those who're pinged. Crushing disappointment the prick has been.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Anyone sum this up? 

If 100% of people that lived in Liverpool were double vaccinated, then 100% of people hospitalised with covid would be double vaccinated, 100% of deaths from covid would be people that were double vaccinated (if they all lived in Liverpool).

That wouldn't mean the vaccine was useless, and it's not good to provide limited data when it can be abused by some elements in the media and YouTube trained epidemiologists. The reason politicians love statistics is because they are a very effective tool to support a lie. 

2 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

you're 10 x more likely to end up in hospital if you haven't been double vaxxed. in fact it's probably worse that that. 

i just had a quick glance online and 96.6% of over 50 have had at least one vax. And while it doesn't mention the number (or I didn't see it glancing) it looks like 91% have had 2 doses (from a graph). so 3.4% of the over 50 population account for a third of all hospitalisations. 

Good news, I had a second jab a couple of weeks ago and the whiplash I suffered a few years ago flared up as a result. It's like the vaccine is good at bringing up old conditions but if the result is less likely to be hospitalised that's worth it. 

47 minutes ago, Poster said:

If 100% of people that lived in Liverpool were double vaccinated, then 100% of people hospitalised with covid would be double vaccinated, 100% of deaths from covid would be people that were double vaccinated (if they all lived in Liverpool).

That wouldn't mean the vaccine was useless, and it's not good to provide limited data when it can be abused by some elements in the media and YouTube trained epidemiologists. The reason politicians love statistics is because they are a very effective tool to support a lie. 

Anyone sum this up? 

1 hour ago, Chris said:

Starmer giving out about them reducing the sensitivity of the app when the majority of the country is nervous about getting pinged and it fucking up their work/life plans, with many just deleting the app altogether. 

For a lawyer, the useless prick doesn't know much about picking his battles, does he? He should be advocating for the swift implementation of a proper way out of self isolation through testing for those who're pinged. Crushing disappointment the prick has been.

Haha it's like del boy taking the bulb out of the oil warning light. 

9 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

Another study saying that lab leak is unlikely, it's still awaiting peer review though.

That twitter just sounds like a bloke who doesn't want more red tape, so until there's a video of seeing the covid sneaking out of the lab with a hoodie and sun glasses, he's not having it. 

1 hour ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Good news, I had a second jab a couple of weeks ago and the whiplash I suffered a few years ago flared up as a result. It's like the vaccine is good at bringing up old conditions but if the result is less likely to be hospitalised that's worth it. 

Yeah, my back was killing after the jabs. You're right, it's like it looks for your weakness, then goes "Here you cunt, have some of this, BAM!"

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

That twitter just sounds like a bloke who doesn't want more red tape, so until there's a video of seeing the covid sneaking out of the lab with a hoodie and sun glasses, he's not having it. 

He's a nobel prize winning vet surgeon so I'm going to guess his study will carry some weight if it passes peer review. I'm not saying I believe one way or the other though, I just think it's interesting watching what looks like the US gov's latest propaganda effort against China vs scientific studies.

2 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

He's a nobel prize winning vet surgeon so I'm going to guess his study will carry some weight if it passes peer review. I'm not saying I believe one way or the other though, I just think it's interesting watching what looks like the US gov's latest propaganda effort against China vs scientific studies.

Aung San Suu Kyi won the Nobel peace prize, they get it wrong sometimes! I don't know if it's a propganda war against the Chinese or not. What is fucking certain are most governments are a bunch of cunts, so ruling things out or in is impossible, because they're all always lying to us. I would trust the Chinese about the least. 

6 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Aung San Suu Kyi won the Nobel peace prize, they get it wrong sometimes! I don't know if it's a propganda war against the Chinese or not. What is fucking certain are most governments are a bunch of cunts, so ruling things out or in is impossible, because they're all always lying to us. I would trust the Chinese about the least. 

Agreed on that definitely. There's no way I'm ruling out a lab leak (I'd be at risk of losing my tinfoil hat status around here if I did too.) but I'm still interested in where to US gov goes with this if most scientists are repeatedly saying they don't believe that's what happened.

6 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

Agreed on that definitely. There's no way I'm ruling out a lab leak (I'd be at risk of losing my tinfoil hat status around here if I did too.) but I'm still interested in where to US gov goes with this if most scientists are repeatedly saying they don't believe that's what happened.

There is more than just the US government pushing this though and plenty of scientists are too. And none of the scientists have proof of anything because the Chinese have barely let anyone near anything. But scientists love to take a position and come out with words like "suggests". The only thing any of this suggest to me is scientists have as.much chance of knowing the answer than I would by tossing a coin. 

2 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

There is more than just the US government pushing this though and plenty of scientists are too. And none of the scientists have proof of anything because the Chinese have barely let anyone near anything.

Therein lies the problem and the theory.

10 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Therein lies the problem and the theory.

Exactly! Everyone is hunting an answer that would be about as easy to find as taking the world's best detective to the 10 bells pub in London and saying "can you find jack the ripper". Any evidence that might have helped scientists find the answer has long since gone. It won't stop lots of people taking to Twitter pretending they do know though. 

7 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Any evidence that might have helped scientists find the answer has long since gone. It won't stop lots of people taking to Twitter pretending they do know though. 

That reminds me of this that I read a bit ago :

What did get lost was some of the valuable evidence that disappeared when the animal markets in the area were cleared and sanitized, Garry said. "They shut down farms. They cleaned those animals out of that market," he said. Samples from the Huanan Seafood Market and others did turn up evidence of the virus, the experts said, but the animals that might have been infected and that could have provided the needed smoking gun were removed.

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/07/07/health/origins-coronavirus-letter-virologists-scn/index.html

So maybe it's that we'll never really get a proper answer to what happened.

48 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Exactly! Everyone is hunting an answer that would be about as easy to find as taking the world's best detective to the 10 bells pub in London and saying "can you find jack the ripper". Any evidence that might have helped scientists find the answer has long since gone. It won't stop lots of people taking to Twitter pretending they do know though. 

When you say lab leak do you mean deliberately or accidentally?

Whether it was a lab leak or not is almost a moot point because there's a 99% chance it won't come to light anyway. 

Either way, we should make as if it's zoonotic and stop doing all this nonsense with wild animals and fucking with their habitats. Could probably also do with improving lab safety protocols and gain of function stuff, while we're at it. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Mudface said:

This is good, nicely dismantles the moronic questions from the interviewer and the piss poor government performance.

Couldn't even get her name right. Unless that was intended as a dig.