You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

10 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Heh - I would go further and include any information out of China.

It would be interesting to see how their EV batteries stand up to scrutiny.

Im not a covid denier or conspiracy theorist. But, there are dangers in taking data out of context. Why have Vietnam fared better than places like the US and UK (and, it has to be said, other European countries)?

The following article from just over 6 months agp could offer some insight. Note also that Indonesia and the Philippines didnt fare as well as Vietnam despite similar demographics.

https://www.brinknews.com/how-did-vietnam-and-cambodia-contain-covid-19-with-few-resources/

43 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Sorry but 'low' figures out of China?!

29 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Heh - I would go further and include any information out of China.

Yes. People whose job it is to get to the truth of the numbers now agree that China's total number of deaths is low.

Whilst I'd be wary of the Chinese I don't think it's beyond the possibility that their figures were low given their response to the outbreak was to shut down WuHan province by force, and practically barricade the residents into their own houses. Their ability to build temporary hospitals within a few days was also impressive.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Yes. People whose job it is to get to the truth of the numbers now agree that China's total number of deaths is low.

I think the jury's still out on that myself and even WHO doesnt believe China's figures.

12 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Whilst I'd be wary of the Chinese I don't think it's beyond the possibility that their figures were low given their response to the outbreak was to shut down WuHan province by force, and practically barricade the residents into their own houses. Their ability to build temporary hospitals within a few days was also impressive.

Interesting you say by force and barricading residents in their own homes because loads of people here wouldnt find that acceptable 'in the west.'

6 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I think it did come out of that lab in Wuhan but I’m leaning towards it being accidental because if they meant to do it then surely they would have released it somewhere else first... 

But it doesn't look as suspicious if you kill your own people first....

I don't think we'll ever find out the truth, the people in that Wuhan lab will all be swimming with the fishes now.

6 minutes ago, Elite said:

But it doesn't look as suspicious if you kill your own people first....

I don't think we'll ever find out the truth, the people in that Wuhan lab will all be swimming with the fishes now.

High level espionage (the Chinese will be all up in that shit) could have seen them ‘leak’ it out of another lab in loads of different countries though. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Captain Turdseye said:

High level espionage (the Chinese will be all up in that shit) could have seen them ‘leak’ it out of another lab in loads of different countries though. 

Definitely.

Just hope this isn't the start of biological warfare because things will get out of hand very quickly and we'll either all end up dead or looking like the Rocky Dennis.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Elite said:

Definitely.

Just hope this isn't the start of biological warfare because things will get out of hand very quickly and we'll either all end up dead or looking like the Rocky Dennis.

So it’s only death to worry about for those of us that already look like Mask and/or The Mask. 

17 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I’ve got two boxes here if anybody wants the useless pieces of shit. Genuine offer. 

Genuinelly I've got hundreds of boxes available.

I'll pop up to Norwich and we'll do a boot sale.

17 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Why have they done that? Is this the 1st step to stopping testing all together? If it gets difficult to take a test, you probably won't? 

No idea.

Listening to World At One and the presenter just said in response to Ashworth answering a question, stopping him dead in his tracks, as he was talking about how this can be done effectively  'Just before we came on air the gov to us they were cancelling this'

Ashworths response 'What? Well, it's not going to work then, is it?'

Can't find anything else yet.

Very odd.

EDIT: Found a couple of things...

Looks like we're moving towards another LFT, saliva based, that will need to be preordered.

This means they have finally conceed what everybody already knew, that the Innova test were fucking awful and almost useless, but somebody needs to get paid right?

We've wasted billions on this fucking nonsense.

• Upvote 4