You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

17 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I am now in self isolation as I've been pinged by that fucking covid app. It's a bit annoying as they don't send you any context to why you're being asked to self isolate. It could well be somewhere I was sat outside on my own. It's fucking stupid. 

I thought it only pinged if you’d been in close contact for 15 mins.  

Last month or so I’ve been able to take my aunt who has Alzheimer’s, out of the nursing home for a couple of hours at the weekend. I haven’t needed to take a test, but today had to take one before ai could bring her out. New instructions because of the rise in cases.

31 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Theres a problem with that though, the missus works for Nuffield Health, they’re not allowed their phone on them when on shift so all the department managers just leave them on the desk in the office. 

However when one of the managers got pinged by T&T the other 6 managers on shift with him that day had to self isolate as well even though they were all in completely different parts of the building and he’d only actually seen one other manager. 

Nuffield’s brilliant response was to tell their staff to turn T&T off. 

I'm meant to be going to a gathering tonight. I'm fully vaccinated but since yesterday afternoon I've been sneezing my head off, a bit warm and nose running a fair bit. Just feel a bit ropey. Probably just a cold but I haven't got any Covid home tests left and I spent an extended time in Picton, one of the local Covid hotspots, earlier in the week. 

I'm thinking it's the sensible thing to swerve it and lay low until I can get my hands on a home test kit on Monday? 

Just now, Anubis said:

Last month or so I’ve been able to take my aunt who has Alzheimer’s, out of the nursing home for a couple of hours at the weekend. I haven’t needed to take a test, but today had to take one before ai could bring her out. New instructions because of the rise in cases.

Lots of homes are running their own policies as well as government guidelines I’ve found mate. 

My brother and I went for a last visit to say goodbye to Nan a fortnight ago as she was put on end of life care. 

Only 6 family members in total we’re allowed to see her, maximum 2 at a time, maximum 2 a day. 

She has 2 children (plus spouses), 8 grandchildren and 8 great grandchildren. 

How you work out 6 in total from that I have no fucking clue. 

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

I guess it depends what you call close contact. I haven't been in close contact with anyone indoors who has been pinged too or indeed has the virus so they're the root of it. Everyone I've been with this week has not been pinged. The only place it could have been all week (Tuesday night watching the match), the 2 people I was with haven't been pinged.

But I know no context to the ping, it just sends you a message and says isolate for 7 days. It's fucking bullshit. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

I'm meant to be going to a gathering tonight. I'm fully vaccinated but since yesterday afternoon I've been sneezing my head off, a bit warm and nose running a fair bit. Just feel a bit ropey. Probably just a cold but I haven't got any Covid home tests left and I spent an extended time in Picton, one of the local Covid hotspots, earlier in the week. 

I'm thinking it's the sensible thing to swerve it and lay low until I can get my hands on a home test kit on Monday? 

Can you not get to a boots? They give them to you there, a weeks supply. 

I sometimes have to provide customer service in person for my job and without fail, the 4 or 5 days I've had to do this I've had at least one person unsolicited tell me about their opinion on "this Covid thing" and I wanted to blow my brains out.

I can't feel bad enough for any key workers or people in the service industry that have to deal with the public every day in these times. It's gotta be fucking unbearable.

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

I am now in self isolation as I've been pinged by that fucking covid app. It's a bit annoying as they don't send you any context to why you're being asked to self isolate. It could well be somewhere I was sat outside on my own. It's fucking stupid. 

Happened to me that did though I think it be a neighbour standing too close to the party wall. 

47 minutes ago, Superb said:

Happened to me that did though I think it be a neighbour standing too close to the party wall. 

Yeah, a bloke I was due to meet who'd been asked to isolate last week so cancelled on me reckons it was his neighbour who's tested positive and they'd just both been out in their garden. Because of the zero context they've given me to the isolation, I am isolating, but I've deleted the app. Fuck it, if they can't provide a decent reason for making me isolate, I'm not opening myself up to it. So it's the legal minimum from here on in for me. 

• Upvote 1

All the morning papers supposedly covering the idea we're opening up on July 19th because it's healthier for us. Apparently our brilliant new health secretary sees things differently to the previous one and is going to save us from having our liberties kept from us. Apparently nobody ever considered other health considerations under the previous health secretary. So this raises 2 questions for me

1. I thought we were just following the science?

2. How the fuck do the Tory's do it? They somehow spin a narrative that this is their success and what has happened for the last 18 months just drops on a fall guy who's not really one of them anymore. And it's lapped up. 

Starmer needs to step the fuck up and provide some opposition. 

Governments taking credit for things, well that's a shock.

I thought the data was clearly showing that the vaccine is working, I think even Hancock was pretty confident on a 19th July opening up. 

Of course nothing in certain in life and all it takes is a much nastier variant to fuck things up.