You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

More lies. You can't help yourself. 

I mean, it's at the point now where you're negging me for literally posting facts, eg about George Floyd testing positive for covid.

I know you're butthurt that this was all over by the end of winter like I said it would be, but surely you should just be glad it's over and done and you can get on with your life, hopefully without all the hysterical bullshit we've had to endure over the last year and a half?

• Downvote 3

3 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

You had a point? Can't say I've spotted one in more than 1,500 pages.

I didn't know you were good at maths as well as Latin. Seeing as your maths is so good, what wave are we on now?

1 minute ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

I mean, it's at the point now where you're negging me for literally posting facts, eg about George Floyd testing positive for covid.

I know you're butthurt that this was all over by the end of winter like I said it would be, but surely you should just be glad it's over and done and you can get on with your life, hopefully without all the hysterical bullshit we've had to endure over the last year and a half?

So you're saying that his death was included in the numbers of deaths in the US as a result of Covid? Can you definitely prove this as a fact?

Wow. Just fucking wow. You absolute piece of shit. 

1 minute ago, TheHowieLama said:

Floyd's death certificate was shown during the trial - there is no mention of Covid so unfortunately nothing has been proven - which means minus internet points for all involved in this latest round of Whataboutery.

I think the fact we have all missed that covid was over by last winter like grass said it would be is far more pressing here. 

8 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

So you're saying that his death was included in the numbers of deaths in the US as a result of Covid? Can you definitely prove this as a fact?

No, I said he had covid when he died, therefore he would have been recorded as a covid death in this country. Not all countries record covid deaths in the same way and I've no idea if the US records deaths in the same way as we do.

• Downvote 1

12 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Do you ever read what you post and ask yourself why you're such a bad sweat? 

• Upvote 2

48 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

No, I said he had covid when he died, therefore he would have been recorded as a covid death in this country. Not all countries record covid deaths in the same way and I've no idea if the US records deaths in the same way as we do.

That is a blatant lie - that is not what you said. 

That’s what you’re going to try and imply was your point.

Two very different things. 

1 minute ago, lifetime fan said:

That is a blatant lie - that is not what you said.

50 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

No, I said he had covid when he died, therefore he would have been recorded as a covid death in this country. 

1 hour ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

As a matter of fact, when he died he was positive for covid, therefore he would officially count as a covid death in this country.

Can you point out how that is not what I said?

Any evidence to back up the statement that he would have been recorded as a covid death in this country? Or are you just yet again making things up? 

5 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Any evidence to back up the statement that he would have been recorded as a covid death in this country? Or are you just yet again making things up? 

Covid deaths in the UK are deaths which occur within 28 days of a positive covid test. I'm sure you already know that.

EDIT: that's one measure for it, there are also separate stats for where covid is mentioned on a death certificate

Covid deaths in the UK are deaths which occur within 28 days of a positive covid test. I'm sure you already know that.

So a man who was filmed having his neck knelt on, died from cardiopulmonary arrest and the death was recorded as homicide would have been recorded as a covid death? Is that really what you are saying? I mean the bullshit about covid being over by winter.... It's just typical usual lies from you but really? Fucking hell. 

15 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

When I read your post I didn’t see ‘recorded in this country’, if you honestly tell me that wasn’t edited then I apologise for calling you a liar. 

You’re still miles off the fucking chart with this but it’s only right I take back the liar comment. 

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

So a man who was filmed having his neck knelt on, died from cardiopulmonary arrest and the death was recorded as homicide would have been recorded as a covid death? Is that really what you are saying? I mean the bullshit about covid being over by winter.... It's just typical usual lies from you but really? Fucking hell. 

We went through all this months ago when we were talking about hypothetical people testing positive then getting hit by a bus. I don't know why you're pretending this is some fresh revelation.

2 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

We went through all this months ago when we were talking about hypothetical people testing positive then getting hit by a bus. I don't know why you're pretending this is some fresh revelation.

I’m just amazed someone is capable of chatting so much bullshit then tries to pass themselves off as smarter than everyone else. You eat crayons. 

1 minute ago, lifetime fan said:

When I read your post I didn’t see ‘recorded in this country’, if you honestly tell me that wasn’t edited then I apologise for calling you a liar. 

You’re still miles off the fucking chart with this but it’s only right I take back the liar comment. 

I did edit it right after I posted it, although Stig quoted it just before the edit. Nevertheless your post was more than an hour after mine, and I think there's only a 15(?) minute window for editing.

I appreciate the clarification.

Just now, Strontium Dog™ said:

I did edit it right after I posted it, although Stig quoted it just before the edit. Nevertheless your post was more than an hour after mine, and I think there's only a 15(?) minute window for editing.

I appreciate the clarification.

He was right about the liar bit. 

13 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Even if a George Floyd style death did count as a Covid death if a positive test has occurred, what's the significance of such a pointless issue anyway? How many of these cases are we getting? Or the favourite invocation of Covidiots, who go on about people being fatally hit by buses counting as Covid deaths. How many cases like this crop up? Hardly any. And most definitely not enough to significantly skew the figures. 

The ONS figures (I think) provide a breakdown of deaths were covid was a significant contributing factor. And I believe that they show that around 80% to 90% of Covid deaths are instances of people dying of Covid or a condition brought about by Covid, rather than dying "with" Covid. Figures which are largely backed up by the excess death numbers. 

The George Floyd/hit by a bus nonsense is just another attempt of downplaying the seriousness of Covid by people who've pretty much been wrong about almost everything when it comes to the virus. 

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

EDIT: that's one measure for it, there are also separate stats for where covid is mentioned on a death certificate

Fuck knows why we're going back to this bullshit, I suspect you're just trying to draw attention away from being ridiculously wrong all the time.

Anyway, here's two measures from the ONS- the first is where Covid was mentioned on the death certificate, the second is deaths due to Covid. There's not a massive difference, but regardless, the majority of deaths in either category occurred after late October 2020, and will only have increased further since (the figures at https://www.ons.gov.uk/aboutus/transparencyandgovernance/freedomofinformationfoi/deathswherecovid19wasmentionedonthedeathcertificate only go up to about the middle of Feb this year when the FOU request was made).

But seriously, all this bollocks from you for month after month because you said people would be 'embarrassed' by the reaction to this in an ill-judged, pompous post about 15 months ago? And you've spent all this time since making increasingly stupid and wrong pronouncements and judgements to try and support your original bullshit? You've got some serious issues.

Year Week no. Deaths involving COVID-19 Deaths due to COVID-19
2020 Week 11 5 5
2020 Week 12 103 95
2020 Week 13 539 519
2020 Week 14 3475 3332
2020 Week 15 6213 5983
2020 Week 16 8758 8435
2020 Week 17 8237 7867
2020 Week 18 6035 5689
2020 Week 19 3930 3664
2020 Week 20 3810 3511
2020 Week 21 2589 2341