Quantcast
Coronavirus - Page 1491 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Bjornebye

Coronavirus

5 minutes ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

If cases are still high and schools are having to send bubbles home with a single case, as they are now. Then it makes sense to start with home learning as it would be less disruptive than the in and out nature of last year. 

I've got everything crossed that we'll be in a position to just go in as normal safely. 

Yeah, we’re in agreement.

Its contingency planning for worst case scenario, I’m part of the DFE email chains and it’s just trying to mitigate against all outcomes.

We ‘should’ be fine by then, but if not the above applies.

1 minute ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

The cases are the big thing in school as bubbles go home causing days of disruption, children out for 10 days or more, then getting them back in and settled before another case hits and on and on. I can see the argument for starting with home learning if the cases are still high, but it wouldn't be ideal. 

It's all ifs and buts for the time being though. Just hope everyone can go back as "normal" as they can. 

The way I see it, is if the vaccine completely breaks the link between cases -------> hospitalisations then we won't have to do any of this ten day stuff anyway. It'll be like any other ailment gross kids pass among themselves.

2 hours ago, TK421 said:

It's a big jump. Maybe they added some cases on from previous days, or something. 

Using the 7 day rolling average, we are up 44% from last week. 

38 minutes ago, Chris said:

Or hospitalisations are up almost 25% since last week.

Screenshot_20210623-190249.jpg

13 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Using the 7 day rolling average, we are up 44% from last week. 

Or hospitalisations are up almost 25% since last week.

Screenshot_20210623-190249.jpg

Growth falling sharply.

• Upvote 1

On 20/06/2021 at 12:51, Stouffer said:

10 days in the same room; I'm gonna need 400 cans of McEwan's export, an extra large mixto kebap, 20 Benson and a load of socks. 

Sexy bastard, that room will have more pheromones than a 90’s student union reeking of Fahrenheit. Ladies best stay clear 

Chin up me old mucker. You can catch up on smoking tabs and your kebap research.

And if you don’t pull through I’ll avenge your death. Who are you blaming? 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, RJ Fan club said:

Sexy bastard, that room while have more pheromones than a 90’s student union reeking of Fahrenheit. Ladies best stay clear 

Chin up me old mucker. You can catch up on smoking tabs and your kebap research.

And if you don’t pull through I’ll avenge your death. Who are you blaming? 

We can lay the blame squarely at Ruth Fowler's doorstep. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Stouffer said:

We can lay the blame squarely at Ruth Fowler's doorstep. 

Forgot your basically borders up there.

Duly noted Hermano. I’ve got your back.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Chris said:

Growth falling sharply.

Except it's not. 

From government stats of the number of people in hospital

30 may - 927

7 June - 1033 (under 10% increase)

14 June - 1178 (just over 12% increase)

21 June (latest available data) - 1508 (28% increase)

Perhaps there's some stat where you can show the rate of hospital numbers to cases is running less than in previous waves, but it's just wrong to suggest the growth of people in hospital is decreasing. 

On 22/06/2021 at 17:12, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

My uncle just passed away, less than 24 hrs after my cousin who had a TB related illness. My head is battered.

So sorry.

• Upvote 1

Increasing number of people getting abusive to NHS staff at vaccination centers because they cannot pick and choose which vaccine they're being offered need to fuck off.

3 hours ago, TK421 said:

George Eustice says everyone wants to shed their masks by 19th July. The only thing they'll be shedding is viral loads. 

Still trying to get a grip on your new positioning.

Is this inferring that folks should have to wear masks so you don't have to get vaccinated?

13 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Still trying to get a grip on your new positioning.

Is this inferring that folks should have to wear masks so you don't have to get vaccinated?

No, they're separate issues. 

We had 16,000+ cases yesterday. By 19th July that number is likely to be much higher. So not a good idea to ditch face masks, in my opinion. 

15 minutes ago, TK421 said:

We had 16,000+ cases yesterday. By 19th July that number is likely to be much higher. So not a good idea to ditch face masks, in my opinion. 

Sounds like masks aren't doing much to stop transition.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Strontium Dog™ said:

Sounds like masks aren't doing much to stop transition.

If that's what you think then fine, I'm not going to argue with you. 

15 minutes ago, TK421 said:

Vaccines and masks are separate issues, yes. 

Do you think both have a positive effect on containing/mitigating spread of the virus?

Cuz masks really wouldn't be part of the conversation without this particular virus.

Though vaccines always have been.

5 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Do you think both have a positive effect on containing/mitigating spread of the virus?

Cuz masks really wouldn't be part of the conversation without this particular virus.

Though vaccines always have been.

Vaccines - don't know, too early to tell. Maybe they have an impact on severity of disease. I don't think they have much impact on transmission, hence spread of the Delta variant in heavily vaccinated countries such as the UK. 

Masks - yes, I think they do help because of the main route of transmission (airborne).   

• Upvote 1