You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

8 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

The chief medical officer who only wants the best for everyone against this virus. Yeah let's call him Dr Death then let absolute dickheads assault him and harass him. Fucking pricks 

Not according to Kirsty (nice looking but very dim) Gallacher on Twat TV

10 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

This fucking trial with testing they keep banging on about, my eldest's school was part of the trial. They fucked it off after about 2 weeks because it was such a disaster. On top of this, there was no thought put into it.

So what the trial was, is the kids test every day. If a kid gets covid, all the parents in the group get notified as you would before, but instead of being told to self isolate, they're given the choice to self isolate or continue attending school while they still present a negative test. All other times they should isolate. So we asked the school when this happened to us (and ultimately our daughter got covid), what about them getting to and from school? "What do you mean?". They go together on a school bus or public bus with loads of other kids and members of the general public. So they'll be spreading it everywhere even if the isolate all the rest of the time. "Oh we hadn't thought of that". The whole fucking thing is a shambles.

And I think nobody in government gives 2 fucks. They're just punting everything at the vaccine keeping hospitalisations low enough and absolutely nothing else matters. 

20 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

I didn’t see this, apologies if already posted. 

That is absolutely vile. Goes along with the absolute balloon heads who think they know more than the chief medical officer whose job has been to assess the risk of the virus and advise with his expertise on the best ways to reduce the spread.

39 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

This fucking trial with testing they keep banging on about, my eldest's school was part of the trial. They fucked it off after about 2 weeks because it was such a disaster. On top of this, there was no thought put into it.

So what the trial was, is the kids test every day. If a kid gets covid, all the parents in the group get notified as you would before, but instead of being told to self isolate, they're given the choice to self isolate or continue attending school while they still present a negative test. All other times they should isolate. So we asked the school when this happened to us (and ultimately our daughter got covid), what about them getting to and from school? "What do you mean?". They go together on a school bus or public bus with loads of other kids and members of the general public. So they'll be spreading it everywhere even if the isolate all the rest of the time. "Oh we hadn't thought of that". The whole fucking thing is a shambles.

And I think nobody in government gives 2 fucks. They're just punting everything at the vaccine keeping hospitalisations low enough and absolutely nothing else matters. 

This is the trouble. I asked recently how long the vaccination is supposed to be effective and the response was don't start on this. The numbers going up now can only be bad news in the longer term unless 1)the vaccination remains effective for years or 2) booster jabs are effective. 

This looks like a continuation of the herd immunity plan. 

3 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Weren’t they protesting against lockdown/masks/vaccines? How the fuck does that equate to Whitty being a murderer? Thick cunts. 

Chances are with their anti-lockdown/mask/vaccine stance that amongst them there are actual murderers. Stupid selfish thick twats 

39 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Weren’t they protesting against lockdown/masks/vaccines? How the fuck does that equate to Whitty being a murderer? Thick cunts. 

Brexit harnessed quite a  bit of existing mentalism in the UK and gave it a banner,  now they're looking elsewhere to get angry. 

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

This is the trouble. I asked recently how long the vaccination is supposed to be effective and the response was don't start on this. The numbers going up now can only be bad news in the longer term unless 1)the vaccination remains effective for years or 2) booster jabs are effective. 

A new study suggests that, unlike vaccines for the flu that need a yearly booster, the two-dose Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine should keep an immune response up for years.
The human body produces immune system components called antibodies to attack and neutralize an invader such as a virus. But these die off over time. To make sure of a long-term response, the body needs to keep the capacity to make more antibodies that can specifically respond to certain viruses or bacteria as needed. It does this with B-cells.
Researchers at Washington University in St. Louis found people who got both doses of the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine had little factories called germinal centers that make B-cells that should specifically recognize the coronavirus, meaning there's a possibility for long-lasting protection, according to a study published in the journal Nature.

On 27/06/2021 at 16:16, Barrington Womble said:

My 3 extended family members who picked it up 2 weeks ago (all double jabbed and after the 3 weeks period), 2 of them are still in hospital (hopefully one of them coming out soon). The other was quite ill at home for a week. The statistics tell us there certainly seems to be benefit from the vaccine, but it is certainly far from bullet proof. Andrew Marr was making that exact point on his show this morning, but nobody really seemed to take him too seriously. 

Is it their first time contracting Covid ??, I'm just wondering what the real affect on catching it is if you've already had it, I'm dubious to how effective the jabs are, despite getting them myself.

I’ve started to hear of quite a few schools round here sending whole classes home  again. My friend drives a school bus and been told they don’t need her this week as the whole school has shut down!