You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

1 minute ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

I don't get their logic regarding schools only closing now as opposed to much earlier.

So hundreds of kids in every school all mixing and potentially giving virus to each other/teachers etc is not dangerous?

Science.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

I don't get their logic regarding schools only closing now as opposed to much earlier.

So hundreds of kids in every school all mixing and potentially giving virus to each other/teachers etc is not dangerous?

They want to cull. That’s why they’ve left it to the last minute. 

39 minutes ago, Grinch said:

Good old brittiania doing things their own way. 

Basically amounted to leaving schools hanging for ten days.    Many deciding to use holiday days to close early and end up following the rest of Europe anyway. 

Whilst infecting the country the cunts

18 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

They want to cull. That’s why they’ve left it to the last minute. 

Protect the economy at all times to protect their vested interests even if it leads to mass 'collateral' damage.

I appreciate this is science based but given that they've had to substantially revise their models over the last few days perhaps using an evidence based approach rather than model based approach is appropriate here? We know that significantly suppressing human activity dramatically slows the spread.

They're simply following a reactive path and the consequences will be catastrophic. Arguing that people will be fatigued, I can't think of anything more fatiguing than mass death.

We're always behind where we should actually be. They're not coming across as exactly decisive here. At what point do the general public realise they're incompetent?

To anyone in one of the at-risk categories/who has decided not to risk going out at all for their own reasons, or has family/friends in one of those positions.

There's an excellent service I've been put onto in the past via the hospital, which provides both live and on-demand video exercise classes staffed by physiotherapists and personal trainers. It was mainly created for people with chronic illness, but one of it's selling points is it can be tailored to each person's individual needs, from the most sedentary and unwell up to those with decent fitness levels.

Anyway, during the Coronavirus outbreak they're giving 2 months free access to everyone; new or existing members.

https://www.beamfeelgood.com/howitswork

Code is BEAM-STAY-WELL to get the 2 months free.

Might be of no interest, but could be a small lifeline to those who are cooped up at home feeling low, just wanting to get in a bit of activity and to be guided through it by someone who does it for a living.

Any issues getting signed up, give me a shout on here or via PM.

• Upvote 5

1 minute ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Yep, it was only last night that he put a video out saying the exact opposite. They’re making it up as they go along. Schools are closing because teachers and parents have forced the issue. 

Yeah can remember linking it here, he was going on about how ofsted inspections would be ending for schools! Totally clueless. It's like they thought up their own reckless and insane plans for this then when they realised the rest of the world had it right started waking up. Makes me feel sick wondering how many lives it's cost as well.