You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

1 hour ago, davelfc said:

It's no secret that full lockdown is coming, they've said as much all along. They've said it's at the right time to halt the spread, of course that's probably half truth as you also need time to move resources around the country and get your troops and police prepared. 

I am struggling to think of anything outside of GTA V where a tank would come in useful for dealing with public disorder. Tanks crush things and blow shit up. 

Now maybe, just maybe those tanks are on their way to a bank!

3Dg0cJwXWSefBwiCEfWQGcMQMkT.jpg&f=1&nofb

I'll go out on a limb and suggest that a tank regiment are being relocated and they are not leaving their tanks behind because they need to be ready in case there's a war. 

The only thing that stops a bad guy with a trolley hoarding toilet roll, is a good guy with a tank.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, dockers_strike said:

Wow, lots of conspiracy theories! The real scary thing about this is just how quickly and easily the world has been caught out by a virus that in the scheme of things, doesnt have a particularly high mortality rate.

You can look at the pandemics through recorded history that wiped out millions and this doesnt come close, even if it is in its early stages.

Depends how much you depend on stats and from whom but China has reported only 1 new case for the 2nd consecutive day. Even Italy is showing a slow down in fatalities.

Everything is crashing,literally, around your ears be that public sensibility, stock markets, currencies and commodities.

How could the world get caught out so easily?

Its taught us that no matter how excited we get about it, we’re gonna get pummelled by a zombie virus.

3 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Trump was asked if he thought it inappropriate for a government official to refer to the virus as the "Kung-flu." 

He said it wasn't inappropriate. 

Sigh! 

Bull shit!

Mr Han man 

33 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I’m starting to warm to the idea of just standing up to this cunt virus and everyone to man carrying on with life. Get the footy etc back going get to work get the pub just laugh in the face of adversity. 

Maybe because I’m used to laughing when it comes on top I don’t know. 

Could be that, could just be that you're a thick twat. Not sure. 

2 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Schools in England closed. Confirmed. 

Good old brittiania doing things their own way. 

Basically amounted to leaving schools hanging for ten days.    Many deciding to use holiday days to close early and end up following the rest of Europe anyway. 

51 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I’m starting to warm to the idea of just standing up to this cunt virus and everyone to man carrying on with life. Get the footy etc back going get to work get the pub just laugh in the face of adversity. 

Maybe because I’m used to laughing when it comes on top I don’t know. 

Not sure if actually being serious or not...

But that's a fucking stupid idea. It's not a time for big, brave boy mentality. Go and so what the experts are begging us to do.

2 minutes ago, Carradona said:

Not sure if actually being serious or not...

But that's a fucking stupid idea. It's not a time for big, brave boy mentality. Go and so what the experts are begging us to do.

I wasn’t being serious. Sorry for assuming people would get that. 

I started the fucking thread 

• Upvote 2