You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

Just now, Barrington Womble said:

Anti vax is anyone who's anti the vaccine. It seems pretty simple. Most of the people who are anti the vaccine. It seems reasonable to group them together. The majority of people who are anti vax are also anti mask. 

I think that's a load of conflated pigeonholing nonsense. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Barrington Womble said:

Anti vax is anyone who's anti the vaccine. It seems pretty simple. Most of the people who are anti the vaccine. It seems reasonable to group them together. The majority of people who are anti vax are also anti mask. 

Are you anti-mask if you obediently wear one when mandated by these governments, that aren't going to change any time soon, but don't wear one when not required by law?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, TK421 said:

No, it's not a "cake and eat it" thing at all. I don't want there to be vaccine passports as I don't think they will work in reducing infections, but if they are introduced I have no problem being excluded from places such as pubs or holidays etc. 

I'm quite happy to scale back my life and enjoy the little things instead like a walk on my local beach. 

Good for you. 

1 minute ago, Barrington Womble said:

For me there are people who have taken a personal risk assessment and made a decision either way, based on that.

Then there are loons that make up crap and play on fear. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Just now, TheHowieLama said:

Genuine question TK - if your employer does not require it and you are not going to the pub or anywhere public that makes you uncomfortable but instead enjoying walking the beach - who exactly is giving you grief over it?

Family? Online?

Not going to name names on a public forum. 

@Sugar Ape I'd like to know what you disagree with. Not finding certain side-effects during trials and finding them out when millions have had the shot is defo flying blind, sorry. Similarly, if you could find me something peer reviewed that confirms the safety of having RNA and lipid nanoparticles in your organs that would be great, but I don't see any. 

I'm literally getting the Pfizer vaccine tomorrow because societally it's the right thing to do and it's very likely going to be fine, but let's not pretend this is all hunky-dory. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Not finding certain side-effects during trials and finding them out when millions have had the shot is defo flying blind, sorry.

You think? If you trialed 10,000 folks then gave a million shots and found a reaction in 1 in 50,000 that would be blind?

He’s right though Barry. It’s the same with any subject on here or any other social media platform. If you are indifferent in some of the debate then your lumped in with the loons. Whether that be anti-mask, anti-vaccine or a Tory. 

People labelling everybody when it’s far more trivial than that doesn’t help. Those that needed to be protected with the vaccine have had it and are protected. The vulnerable. Everybody has a choice to take it or not. For whatever reason that may be, loads have chosen to take it, loads haven’t. That’s life. Not all people (such as TK) are spreading hate and fear about it. 

I’m with TK, I’ve wore a mask as and when required. I appear to be less fearful than him, but I don’t judge him for being cautious, or anyone else’s decisions for that matter. I’ve done it my way, and I’ve managed to *touches wood* to avoid any infection or anyone around me being impacted. I’m extremely aware of how fortunate I have been these last 18 months compared to 100,000’s of families in the UK alone. Including some of our nearest and dearest on here. My decision comes from a good place, no intent to harm others but when an holding that opposite view, your character is questioned without people understanding you or your reasons. It’s pathetic. We are all guilty of it. But when fear is created and managed in the chaotic way it has been, it’s totally understandable.   

This isn’t going away, and this delay isn’t because of anyone on here, it’s because of the cunts in charge. Us dividing the debate only gets them more wriggle room to get away with even more than they already are. 

It’s crazy and extremely dangerous times out there and our focus should be on not letting these bastards off the hook for how they have managed this and cost to life. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

1 minute ago, TheHowieLama said:

You think? If you trialed 10,000 folks then gave a million shots and found a reaction in 1 in 50,000 that would be blind?

That's a fair point but many authorities clearly don't think enough was done to guarantee AZ's safety because it's been stopped in quite a few places.