You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

26 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Where did you read that? 

I think it was reported from a nationial press conference after the last EMA ruling on AZ. It would explain previous u-turn in Europe, from not for over 65s to only for over 65s. 

EDIT: I see now the same info is in Stacksy's link.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

My missus had that jab earlier today. Jesus 

It is still really huge odds. Probalby various other rare predilections.

There was also a question during EMA's conference about the possible link between contraceptives for women and clots, which I didn't understand at the time but makes more sense now.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Oxford/AZ have got a huge PR problem. They’re the only ones selling vaccines at cost price, yeah?

They are the cheapest. But at the moment and it will remain to be so for some time well into the future, it's a seller's market so I wouldn't say that is the biggest reason.

Seen a report tonight where two thirds of disease experts reckon  a year's mutation of the virus will render vaccines ineffective.

Of course we dont know if that is correct. But, it seems to me some way is needed to either stop the virus mutating or at least slow down the rate of mutation considerably.

Even if the disease experts are not correct, I feel like the development on new vaccines is more like whack a mole.

20 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Seen a report tonight where two thirds of disease experts reckon  a year's mutation of the virus will render vaccines ineffective.

Of course we dont know if that is correct. But, it seems to me some way is needed to either stop the virus mutating or at least slow down the rate of mutation considerably.

Even if the disease experts are not correct, I feel like the development on new vaccines is more like whack a mole.

They make a different flu vaccine every year for the same reason. This isn't unexpected or some big deal. 

On R4 this morning they were talking about the bloodclots and the increase, in the demographic mentioned above, has gone from 1 per million to 1.8 per million.

A difference, of course, but there's more than a whiff of politics to this.

Though imagine going cap in hand to Vlad, that's a new low.

5 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Like I said, selfish fucking dickheads.

Exy6WHTVoAkUmob?format=jpg&name=medium

They've even knocked the tower buildings down. Cunts. 

Is there someone breakdancing in the middle of all that rubbish? 

22 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

They've even knocked the tower buildings down. Cunts. 

Is there someone breakdancing in the middle of all that rubbish? 

Haha apparently the second on is Hyde Park in Leeds. It just shows two things that up and down the country not only do we have selfish ignorant cunts but selfish ignorant littering scruffy cunts. 

6 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Haha apparently the second on is Hyde Park in Leeds. It just shows two things that up and down the country not only do we have selfish ignorant cunts but selfish ignorant littering scruffy cunts. 

Looks like it's been tidied up to be fair.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Just starting to feel okay 40 hours after the jab. My eyes are like pissholes in the snow.

She had hers yesterday afternoon and felt fine but she woke up at about 3am shivering like mad. She feels better now but is shattered. Mines at 6:15